Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

USU lands new OC- former OU O-coordinator Josh Heupel

powerhouse?  would be nice.

need to:

- win the money game

- beat boise in boise

- go to humongous bowl and win

before we get that moniker

right now we are still a program on the rise, but i like where we are and where we're headed

need to:

- win the money game

- beat boise in boise

right now we are still a program on the rise, but i like where we are and where we're headed

Sums it up pretty well. We now have a shade of consistency having 4 straight winning seasons and 3 straight bowl victories. Next steps: Win consistently against the P5, up program revenue, appear in and win a NYD bowlgame. I like the administration in place and its commitment to the football program. Great strides being made in facilities with the announced rennovations to Romney stadium and the already built S&C facility. We have enough returning next year to have a breakthrough season if enough bounces our way. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

I think we are in a great position.  We have a really fantastic coaching staff and some really talented players coming back.  I'm really stoked for the future.

@Utah

@Washington

@Fresno

@SDSU

Boise

CSU

BYU

I would really like to go 5-2 in that stretch.  I think we can do it.

This is a good get for the Aggies. Mug, feel free to move to "coaching changes" if posting this as a separate topic is board faux pas. 

LOL.  He was fired for a reason.  

This is a good get for all of USU's opponents!

We have a long, long way to go to beat Boise...In Logan or there...as the ass whupping last year showed.  I will say that the Aggie LB corp was depleted to the point of absurdity by that game.  They had lost 5 of their 7 top backers to season ending injuries and Nick should have never been playing.   That said Boise was the only team in 3 years to dominate the Aggies on both sides of the trenches.  It was a beat down in every aspect of the game.  The Broncos made a statement for sure about any delusions the Aggies may have of usurping their reign in the league.

We have a long, long way to go to beat Boise...In Logan or there...as the ass whupping last year showed.  I will say that the Aggie LB corp was depleted to the point of absurdity by that game.  They had lost 5 of their 7 top backers to season ending injuries and Nick should have never been playing.   That said Boise was the only team in 3 years to dominate the Aggies on both sides of the trenches.  It was a beat down in every aspect of the game.  The Broncos made a statement for sure about any delusions the Aggies may have of usurping their reign in the league.

We play our best and BSU plays their best, we still lose that one. BSU is just better in every aspect right now. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

He was a fall guy for Stoops at OU. He didn't look bad hanging 45 on alabama the year before... 

No big game Bob got embarrassed because he couldn't keep control of his defense being a sieve, and blamed it on a guy who has produced an extremely efficient running attack, and a pretty potent offense. 

I think I'm going to trust Matt Wells on this one.  The guys offensive numbers were very good at Oklahoma overall and he appears to be a great QB coach.   Hopefully, he and the Wells Bros. philosophies mesh a litle better than with Mcgiven.  Both the DC and OC hires seem very well thought out as far as maintaining and enhancing our recruiting philosophy which relies heavily on Polys and Instate guys, and skill guys from Texas, Cali, and the South.  Josh brings both Utah and Big 12 ties to that aspect.

Guest #1Stunner

I think I'm going to trust Matt Wells on this one.  The guys offensive numbers were very good at Oklahoma overall and he appears to be a great QB coach.   Hopefully, he and the Wells Bros. philosophies mesh a litle better than with Mcgiven.  Both the DC and OC hires seem very well thought out as far as maintaining and enhancing our recruiting philosophy which relies heavily on Polys and Instate guys, and skill guys from Texas, Cali, and the South.  Josh brings both Utah and Big 12 ties to that aspect.

I'm with HickAggie on this.  Great points...

Lately, Utah finds out that there is an OC on the market, and runs out and hires him first.   Kudos to USU for keeping this quiet so Utah didn't know about it.

our offensive coordinator position is an internship, but it does include benefits and a fabulous all expenses paid weekend in Pullman, WA.

need to:

- win the money game

- beat boise in boise

Shouldn't they try beating them anywhere first? Baby steps, man...

Makes one wonder why Bronco can't put a decent staff together like USU? When was the last time you guys had a good DC who wasn't named Bronco?

If you were a good DC, would you want to work for Bishop Moronihall?

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

He turned 3-star Sam Bradford into a Heisman winner.  We have several good and proven 3 star qb's on our roster.  With no proven returning qb's coming back in the MW and a wonderful, healthy defense, I like our chances next year.