Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

csufan04

Its time for SJSU to leave the MW! This is embarrassing.

I am watching the CSU basketball game and this is the first time I have seen this arena.  WTF is going on in SJ.  This is not a university that belongs in the MW.  I know we struggle with attendance averaging just over 3k-4k this year, but there are literally 200 people at SJSU tonight.  The arena with its wooden bleachers looks something out of a High school.  The fan base doesn't care, the boosters don't care an it shows.  I was shocked to see the the football stadium this year and now this.  They have to go and go now.  There has to be somebody better.  This makes no sense.  

Guest Cowboy Junky

I am watching the CSU basketball game and this is the first time I have seen this arena.  WTF is going on in SJ.  This is not a university that belongs in the MW.  I know we struggle with attendance averaging just over 3k-4k this year, but there are literally 200 people at SJSU tonight.  The arena with its wooden bleachers looks something out of a High school.  The fan base doesn't care, the boosters don't care an it shows.  I was shocked to see the the football stadium this year and now this.  They have to go and go now.  There has to be somebody better.  This makes no sense.  

I agree. After all the crap Wyoming has received over the years, I thought I would never join a "Kick out...." thread, but San Jose should have never been invited to begin with. They need to get the boot. They don't even give you hope that they might improve.

274 was the announced attendance. 274 WTF!  I can't even imagine a University opening the doors for 274.  How many of those were give aways?  Does that number include the band?  They need to go.

The problem is, who is a realistic option to replace them?  A true realistic option?  I can't think of any.  We just have to hope the MW membership will help their football, which can drive other sports.  274 is bad though.  I hope they turn it around.  I like having the 3 Cali schools in conference.  

What the hell happened to my avatar?

Sorry :sorry:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I do think UTEP would come at this point if they could work out the exit fee w/ CUSA. Can't imagine they're enjoying conference matchups w/ Old Dominion.

That said, I do hope w/ the help of MW membership & the fertile recruiting grounds in their backyard, SJSU can get respectable in all sports & at least boost their attendance a bit.