Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

MWCBoard competitions

After giving it some thought I've decided to announce that I will be attaching monetary awards to some of the competitions we do around here. To be eligible for these you must be an active poster on the forum (100+ posts at time of entry or a signup date long before the actual competition so if you're a lurker and want to participate that's perfectly fine), so no signing up a bunch of socks. Also you can't have more than 5 warning points at the time the award is paid. Now I don't give out many warning points so you probably really pissed me off to get them. This is tentatively how the awards will break down:

Guess the Score:

1st place - $150

2nd place - $100

3rd place - $50

Bowl mania:

1st place - $100

Pick 5 (8) teams:

$50 to the winner of each team (this year we had 3 teams)

Bracket challenge :

1st place - $100

2nd place - $75

3rd place - $50

I will set this up this year and we will do it through cbssports.

Coastie Award:

Winner - $100 to a charity of the recipients choice

Runner up - $50 to a charity of the recipients choice

Now there won't be any sort of buy-in for these just the rules stated above. I will be adding an option to allow board members to help donate to the board to make various improvements to the forum but nobody is required or expected to donate. My hope is that this will help generate more traffic so tell your friends. Also you don't have to be a fan of a MWC school to participate.

Let me know if you have questions.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

very cool, this board has improved 1000% since Mugtang took over.

Thanks.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I can help contribute to the Pick 8 Game winnings if you want.

When I add the donations button to the homepage any amount you contribute would be greatly appreciated.

donation drive > donation button

just my opinion

That would work also.

How is that to work? PayPal? Credit Card?

PayPal. I don't want anybody's credit card information.

I like this. 

If you are a frequent poster here why not contribute a little bit to the board? I'm a broke college student and I will.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

What about the Troll Derby?

I would prefer not to encourage more trolling....

You can use that PayPal link above to donate to the board. I will do a member donation drive in another thread in a few days.

I think Coastie would be against giving cash to the recipient of the award named in his honor. Maybe a donation to a charity of the recipient's choice.

We could do that. I didn't know Coastie well enough to speak for him. But I think that's a good idea.