Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV presser going on (I think)

Sources close to the program said that Bishop Gorman head coach Tony Sanchez, who has led the Gaels (13-0) to a mythical No. 1 national ranking this year, is the frontrunner to replace Hauck. Former South Florida head coach Jim Leavitt and former interim USC head coach Ed Orgeron are other potential candidates but it is believed the job will be Sanchez’s if the wants it.

Attempts to reach Sanchez, who coaches the Gaels against Liberty (10-2) on Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m. in the state Division I Southern Regional final at Rancho High School, were unsuccessful.

http://mylvsports.com/unlv/sanchez-frontrunner-for-unlv-job-as-hauck-resigns/

Steve Guiremand ‏@UNLVRebelNation  10s11 seconds ago

#UNLVFB coach Bobby Hauck out, @BishopGormanFB Tony Sanchez frontrunner 4 job. http://mylvsports.com/unlv/sanchez-frontrunner-for-unlv-job-as-hauck-resigns/… @TonyDasco @NFsoCrucial #mylvsports

Haha! We are going to hire Bishop Gormon's coach! That's hilarious. A high school coach going directly to D1. Only in Vegas.  But who cares? He comes with a Billionaire family in his back pocket.

Fertittas are going to back Sanchez up. When we hire him UNLV football just got MUCH, MUCH wealthier. We'll have like a poor man's Phil Knight/Oregon relationship.

Multi-million dollar facilities here we come! Great News!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Haha! We are going to hire Bishop Gormon's coach! That's hilarious. A high school coach going directly to D1. Only in Vegas.  But who cares? He comes with a Billionaire family in his back pocket.

Fertittas are going to back Sanchez up. When we hire him UNLV football just got MUCH, MUCH wealthier. We'll have like a poor man's Phil Knight/Oregon relationship.

Multi-million dollar facilities here we come! Great News!

Notre Dame once hired a hot shot coach from a high scool - was a disaster

Do the Fertitta's care about UNLV.........none of their kids go or went to UNLV & their son at Gorman is going somewhere other than UNLV.

I think it means nothing to the UNLV FB bottom line.

Good god NO?!?!?!  :o

Steve Guiremand ‏@UNLVRebelNation  3m3 minutes ago

One big plus for @BishopGormanFB HC Tony Sanchez at #UNLV: Great recruiting ties, no-nonsense, works his butt off guy. Wont' accept losing

No elite Gorman players will ever sign with UNLV for god's sake 

Notre Dame once hired a hot shot coach from a high scool - was a disaster

Do the Fertitta's care about UNLV.........none of their kids go or went to UNLV & their son at Gorman is going somewhere other than UNLV.

I think it means nothing to the UNLV FB bottom line.

UNLV wouldn't be going after a high school coach if the Ferittas weren't ready to pledge some $$. Once Sanchez is the HC, there's going to be alot of new facilities with the name "Feritta" stamped to it. Mark my words.

Fertittas are control freaks, and they never wanted to donate their money to anything they can't control.  Livenwood wouldn't take any of their sh*t but TKM is weak and UNLVfb is in such shambles that they see this as an opportunity to have another pet project to put their name on something at the D1 level.

They're branching out and UNLV is a affordable fixer upper. A new toy for them now that Bishop Gormon has topped-out.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

UNLV wouldn't be going after a high school coach if the Ferittas weren't ready to pledge some $$. Once Sanchez is the HC, there's going to be alot of new facilities with the name "Feritta" stamped to it. Mark my words.

Fertittas are control freaks, and they never wanted to donate their money to anything they can't control.  Livenwood wouldn't take any of their sh*t but TKM is weak and UNLVfb is in such shambles that they see this as an opportunity to have another pet project to put their name on something at the D1.

They're branching out and UNLV is a affordable fixer upper. A new toy for them now that Bishop Gormon has topped-out.

If the Fertitta's promise to dump millions ala Phil Knight at Oregon................then I would accept their puppet being installed as HC at UNLV...........but it better come with a serious commitment & serious money 

If the Fertitta's promise to dump millions ala Phil Knight at Oregon................then I would accept their puppet being installed as HC at UNLV...........but it better come with a serious commitment & serious money 

What kind of hire would you accept?

Seems to me that you have unrealistic things in mind for the FB program.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

What kind of hire would you accept?

Seems to me that you have unrealistic things in mind for the FB program.

Maybe someone with college experience.

This Groman coach won;t bring in top local talent & he can't promise parents jobs like he can now at Gorman 

FERTITTA MONEY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I wouldn't absolutely count on that.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

I wouldn't absolutely count on that.

Neither would I.

Fertitta's all went to Gorman, not a one has ever set foot on UNLV's campus other than maybe, MAYBE a basketball game.........they don;t even have a box at the T&M.

Tony Marnell did