Coastie

Sad news. This is coastie's son posting.

Hello everyone. I am coastie's son Troy. I am sorry to tell you that my Dad Tim passed away yesterday from a heart attack. I wanted to post here because I knew he was on here for years and knew and talked with alot of you and I knew he'd want me to tell all of you. If you'd like to send any condolences to my Mom Terrie her email is chandler2220@aol.com or you can email me at chandlertroy@gmail.com and I can pass them along. I want to say thanks in advance in case I'm unable to later. I'll also come back and check this thread.

The memorial service will be this sunday the 10th at 11:00 am at The Coos Bay Chapel in Coos Bay, Oregon. The website is http://www.coosbayfh.com/ which has the address if anyone wants to send flowers or anything.

Again, I'm sorry to tell all of you like this but it's the only way I knew how. My Dad really enjoyed this forum. I remember him just recently showing me a thread where someone was picking movie characters for forum members and he picked Buzz Lightyear for my Dad. He got a big kick out of that.

Thank you.

5810035788_0136d8168b_b.jpg

So sorry to hear about your Dad. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Your Dad will be missed here.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

My god Troy. I am so sorry for you, mom and your family. Your dad and I have spent a long time together on this and other forums. The military academy fans are far and few between. Your dad was a very passionate and dedicated fan of the air force academy as well as all the men and women of our armed forces. Please accept my prayers and sorrow.

If you get a chance, your dad was also a big contributor and poster to the air force falcon forum on scout.com. The link is: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=238&f=1553 If you don't know his login there (Which he always logged in as Coastie there too); let me know and I'll post anything you want over there. Take care and god bless you and your family. Mike.....

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

Condolences to you and your family. Your father has always been a great poster.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Coastie was one of my favorite posters and was a voice of reason on this board. He will be missed sorely by me. My condolences to you and your family.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

Very sorry to hear such sad news. I haven't been here that long, but it didn't take me long to respect your father's approach and his contributions. I am sure he was a great guy and he'll surely be missed by this community. Please take care and know our thoughts are with you and your family.