Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndreAztec

SDSU AD Jim Sterk "Its not all done yet...

BWC brought the Rebles the most success they have ever had, i would not knock it 2 much

That was then, this is now...........UNLV went to the final four as a Independent (formerly WCAC) team too...........big difference between 1970/80's college sports and 2010's.

That was then, this is now...........UNLV went to the final four as a Independent (formerly WCAC) team too...........big difference between 1970/80's college sports and 2010's.

Yep, UNLV was GREAT back then and are only average to slightly above average now despite the continual babble of Rebel fans.

v0icAvfW.jpg

Alliance not great, but I see UNLV playing mainly MWC teams an not many CUSA teams, which is better than playing a bunch of BE teams that have no appeal...............BE is no great thing footballwise.

Uh oh. Here comes 4000 posts from a bunch of bridge-burning douches, talking about how the BE is really a version of the SEC. OH, and that SDSU is THE football powerhouse that is going to catapult the BE to the top of all things college football. How dare you speak ill of the mighty BE & thier new found piles of shit. LMFAO.

Uh oh. Here comes 4000 posts from a bunch of bridge-burning douches, talking about how the BE is really a version of the SEC. OH, and that SDSU is THE football powerhouse that is going to catapult the BE to the top of all things college football. How dare you speak ill of the mighty BE & thier new found piles of shit. LMFAO.

I never should have commented.............SDSU people are partolling the board to make the case the new BE is the 2nd coming of the SEC and that those SDSU vs UConn & Rutgers games will be riveting AND make billions of $$$.

3-33 says otherwise

47-41 the 7 years prior to the last 3 that produced the 3-33 run, including seasons of 9-4 and 8-5.

Not a Lobo apologist, but I'd guess they stack up OK against the other teams being speculated as potential new western members of the Big East, have a better basketball program and a better TV market, that's all.

Or that we play good football in a city with a lot of people called San Diego...

You have people called San Diego? Your sentence structure sucks...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

I am sure SDSU, Boise, SMU and Houston would like to see the Las Vegas Bowl as an option in the West for the Big East schools. Fresno brings nothing!

I'm sold! No BE for FS...works for me.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Are you sure about that? I thought the rule to save the WAC came about at the same time as the new rule about NEW conferences having to wait for an auto bid. The last thing the NCAA wants is to have to give out another auto bid. They'd much rather keep the at large bid.

Regardless, it's highly doubtful UNLV will be invited to the BE for football. UNLV loses FB games to FCS schools.

Your BE invite followed by a brand new oly sports conference is a pipe dream.

Correction, UNLV lost to an FCS School, your "loses" would imply that it happened multiple times. It hasn't. For the record these teams have all lost to FCS schools in the last decade.

North Carolina lost to Furman

Duke lost to Furman

Virgina lost to William and Mary

Virginia Tech lost James Madison

Wake Forest lost to App St

Rutgers lost to New Hampshire

Uconn lost to Eastern Washington

MIchigan lost to App St

Indiana lost to Southern Illinois

Northwestern lost to New Hampshire

Minn. lost to North Dakota St and South Dakota in B2B years

Iowa St lost to Northern Iowa

Kansas lost to North Dakota St

Colorado lost to Montana St

Stanford lost to UC Davis

Mississippi lost to Jacksonville St

Miss St lost to Maine

Army lost to New Hampshire in 08

Navy lost to Delaware in 07

SDSU lost to Cal Poly in 08

Temple lost to Villanova in 09

That didn't stop the Big East from inviting the last 4, not sure I see your point.

Oh and for the record I don't want UNLV splitting up it's sports and joining some joke of a football conference. If we're gonna play in a joke conference may as well not ship our team 2000 miles 4 times a year to do so.

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Just ignore RR, he's the Andre Aztec of UNLV posters although at least Robert shows up after his team loses.

Yer sucha wuss. And a liar ta boot.

nXlmx.gif

Back to Back Mountain West Tourney Champs

I am sure SDSU, Boise, SMU and Houston would like to see the Las Vegas Bowl as an option in the West for the Big East schools.

You have said a lot of retarded shit over the years here...and this is no exception. Personally lobbying for UNLV to get invited to the BE, here on the MW board. Classic.

It isn't like Vegas is paradise in December, hell RR, I have seen it SNOW in December in Vegas...and if you have lived there for more than 15 years, you have too.

Further to point out your retardedness, you have SDSU that is about a 5 hour drive, and then what, to satisfy the West / Big East / West Bowl thing? UNLV and SDSU surely can't be counted on to be bowl eligible every year. The president of NYNY Vegas probably cringes at such a thought.

It's so great having that tool Andre on ignore, I'm sure he had some witty pathetic comeback attempt but that's to be expected from a gutless loser.

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

It's so great having that tool Andre on ignore, I'm sure he had some witty pathetic comeback attempt but that's to be expected from a gutless loser.

nothing major. simply that yer mom just left and told me to tell you she'll be home soon.

Ignore is for weak pussies with sand in 'em (talk about gutless)

c'mon just_wuss

nXlmx.gif

Back to Back Mountain West Tourney Champs

47-41 the 7 years prior to the last 3 that produced the 3-33 run, including seasons of 9-4 and 8-5.

Not a Lobo apologist, but I'd guess they stack up OK against the other teams being speculated as potential new western members of the Big East, have a better basketball program and a better TV market, that's all.

Even though you are not.a Lobo apologist.....what you say (about UNM) is correct.

UNM should be in the discussion for reasons you have stated.

However, it appears that UNM is not in the discussion and I hope they stay out.

But, that's just me and my opinion.