Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLVFan90

UNLV to Pac-12 would be a smart idea

Ahhhaaa but see that's the beauty of it, more winning = better teams = competitive games = trash talk.

We got the trash talk covered during the season, this is the off-season games we like to play around here.

more boasting = larger speculation = competitive exaggerations = trash talk.

2me1q87.jpg

God, this is a great thread. Props to the sock puppet that started this. I can't wait to hear Nevada Convert's reasons why UNR is getting a call-up to the Pac13

Nevada getting called up? No, not what I said. If certain goals are met in 10 years, they could make an excellent candidate. Big difference.

kat.jpg

And Lower Nevada's value would be?

Obviously pumping $ into Athletics has NOT paid off.

Go Pack! Go Aztecs!

And Lower Nevada's value would be?

Obviously pumping $ into Athletics has NOT paid off.

Go Pack! Go Aztecs!

In the north, Nevada has produced a Top 10 BB team and a #11 FB team in the last 5 years. And this was done with a very minimal budget.

Nevada St. Just can't get anything going in FB with a similar sized budget.

kat.jpg

You're just sore that Boise has no chance at the PAC in our lifetime. And the same goes for Monty and SDSU.

more butthurt.. Im sure the pac is you dying to have the reno market and all 15,000 nevada fans. :lol::rolleyes:

more butthurt.. Im sure the pac is you dying to have the reno market and all 15,000 nevada fans. :lol::rolleyes:

It's going to be lonely in the west when Boise and SDSU are the only teams not in the Pac. This and the other half dozen threads the last couple weeks how Hawaii, UNR, UNLV, CSU, UNM, et al are going to the pac are epic.

Now we know why they voted down Oklahoma - they were waiting for Nevada-Reno

i_love_suds_mug-p168021735772838352enw9p

It's going to be lonely in the west when Boise and SDSU are the only teams not in the Pac. This and the other half dozen threads the last couple weeks how Hawaii, UNR, UNLV, CSU, UNM, et al are going to the pac are epic.

Now we know why they voted down Oklahoma - they were waiting for Nevada-Reno

Smart +++.

If the PAC is going to go that far out of its footprint, it's going to have to be a stellar bunch.....and it almost happened. If OSU were in CA, that would change everything. Geography can be still be an issue for the PAC.

kat.jpg

Smart +++.

If the PAC is going to go that far out of its footprint, it's going to have to be a stellar bunch.....and it almost happened. If OSU were in CA, that would change everything. Geography can be still be an issue for the PAC.

egg Zach Lee

But congrats on your bid Reno, they didn't want to travel that far to Norman and City, that's why they didn't accept the Okies, that's why, because of distance. Reno is pretty close to Walnut Creek so you guys are in, because it's distance that matters.

This is seriously the greatest thread ever.

i_love_suds_mug-p168021735772838352enw9p

Here are the realities:

- UNLV isn't going anywhere without the UNLVnow project being approved. A first class venue for football must be built in order to attract the bigger conferences.

- UNLV isn't going anywhere because of UNLV football or academics. Right now anyways, it's about the city, not the school. As a UNLV fan, I accept this, why can't anyone else seem to grasp this?

- UNR isn't going anywhere without UNLV. Nobody wants Reno and everyone wants Vegas. Ain't life a ++++ UNR fans? Ponder that when you're up 52-3 again this year in football.

- In summary, if UNLV builds the venue, it can deliver Vegas. And those two together, along with a top-10 level basketball program, will be enough to deliver UNLV to a major conference.