Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swedish

MWC Attendance Week 3

Yea...our number was a big disappointment again (I was part of the problem this weekend..had a wedding to attend)...any pictures of the east side of Bulldog Stadium will look awful....a 5 o'clock start in early September (at the request of TV) was a risk that backfired due to 104 degree heat...that east side just bakes.

That's what I heard from those back in SD about the UND game. But I bet it was an apathetic showing, FCS comes in, students stay away. Sucks to say. I hope the SJSU game gets back up to the average of 30,000+

24,000???? Like I said, it is a cute little program you have down there. Maybe you should work in multiple fireworks shows.

This guy knows a bit about the Aztecs. BTW, what is your team? Probably someone in less attendance in the conference. It actually does the Aztecs no favors playing in essentially Charger stadium (Charger Dogs?). And we still go to the stadium in better numbers than nearly the whole conference. And that's a stadium in a major city, which unless your name is Buckeye, never does you any favors unless you are undefeated. The pitiful part is that many schools in our conference our in a one trick town, the college, and still can't fill it. Our attendance was bad, but don't go to far with it. Because that was still one of the highest attended games in the conference.

im sorry but is stating that san diego has a lot of fairweather fans who are easily deterred by 100+ degree weather really an excuse or is that closer to being an accurate description of San Diego? I'd say its pretty freakin accurate.

Read it a bit more closely...I am not really talking attendance smack here on anyone but my own Bulldogs. Had K5 said he was happy with SDSU's number, I'm good with that. But he instead deflected, so I just pointed that out and (admittedly) took his deflections as him being defensive and unhappy about the SDSU number....and my point is, if that's the case, just say so....who cares? Instead he went after USU fan. Nothing new.

So that is the excuse?? The poor lil asstec fans were too hot??? Who would've thought that the millions of Asstec fans could be deterred by a little bit of sunshine.

A nice 24k for the lil asstecs??? What a cute little program they have.

Read it a bit more closely...I am not really talking attendance smack here on anyone but my own Bulldogs. Had K5 said he was happy with SDSU's number, I'm good with that. But he instead deflected, so I just pointed that out and (admittedly) took his deflections as him being defensive and unhappy about the SDSU number....and my point is, if that's the case, just say so....who cares? Instead he went after USU fan. Nothing new.

I'm sorry who went after who? it's amazing that you guys can use revisionist history to describe page 1 of a 2 page thread.

Yeah, 24k is weak but many called this as the lowest attended game of the season the day the schedule came out so it's certainly no surprise.

It was an FCS opponent sandwiched between two other games I would much rather see. If I was going to take one off this year, this was going to be the one and the 100+ temp just made that decision too easy.

If what many predicted proves to be true and 24k is the lowest of the year, then our overall attenance for the season won't look too bad and will certainly look better than most (if not all) of the Mtn West.

We'll have over 30k for the Spartans and then who knows from there if the team gets on a winning streak.

San_Diego_State_Aztecs_logo.png

The numbers we should really look at

1. % of stadium capacity filled

2. ticket revenue (ie someones 25k attendance could equal more cash then someones 30k)

1 is just because. 2 is cause that is the only number that really matters.

Was surprised to see how cheap some of the tickets are in SD and some other places from another thread. Correct me if I am wrong, but IIRC, the Weber State game offered our cheapest available ticket this season at 24 or 26 bucks.

Was surprised to see how cheap some of the tickets are in SD and some other places from another thread. Correct me if I am wrong, but IIRC, the Weber State game offered our cheapest available ticket this season at 24 or 26 bucks.

Indeed.

Just looked up the SDSU ticket prices for San Jose State game.

They have an $8.25 (w fees) and a $10.25 tickets. WHAT THE F! So yeah 2-3 of SDSU "cheap" seats equal one of Fresno's cheap seats.

YOU CAN GET SEASON TICKETS FOR $53! WTF Fresno's cheapest season ticket is $140 (STILL REALLY CHEAP). SDSU has 7 home games so that equals $7.57 for a game for a season ticket. Fresno only has 6 so that equals $23.33 a game for the cheap seats.

So 27k for Fresno and 24k for SDSU is really a bigger difference (in terms of $$$) then it looks like.

Couldn't agree with you more. Tough to get a handle on how to reverse the precipitous plunge (by our standards) in attendance outside of just winning and winning big. Lots of reasons and excuses to be had, but that doesn't change the need to get fans back to the games.

If we can mange to beat Tulsa (that could be tough) WE BETTER have at least 35k for the SDSU game.

A game vs a "rival", a 3-1 start, and a 7pm game (time seems to have the best attendance) should equal good attendance. If not we are in trouble.

Ha ha ha. SDSU sells tickets for $8 bucks? They are practically letting people in for free and only get 24k. They are big time! $8?

USU fan shouldn't comment on what is "big time" and what isn't. Stick to what you know, fat guys and animal husbandry.

phuck people on this board love to argue.

Who gives a damn, none of our schools are drawing worth a damn. What, are we knocking SDSU for making tickets affordable so people that wouldn't otherwise get to go, can go? Especially when they have an NFL stadium to try to fill up?

I've been to a game at SDSU so you tell me. Have I seem big time football??

I don't know, but you and 45k other people saw SDSU put a curb stomping on your joke of a football team.