Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swedish

MWC Attendance Week 3

The middle game of three consecutive home games, an FCS opponent, and an unusually hot Saturday when my seats would have been in the sun. My group of 6 all decided we were going to skip it and be back for San Jose St.

I'm just one example, but if I bailed I am sure a lot less dedicated fans did too. If we see less than 30k for San Jose, then I'll be upset.

San_Diego_State_Aztecs_logo.png

Neither should SDSU... but it doesn't stop them.

No, it doesn't...maybe someday a few of them will realize that sometimes it's better just to man up and say the number sucked or was disappointing rather than play Danny the Deflector.

No, it doesn't...maybe someday a few of them will realize that sometimes it's better just to man up and say the number sucked or was disappointing rather than play Danny the Deflector.

You just wait until Rutgers, UConn, Central Florida and the other Big East rivals start coming to town, that place will be filled!!! (As long as there are fireworks to entertain people).

Really? From a fan base that got 27k for a BCS team?

I won't be surprised if college football attendance is down all over the country. There are more cable TV and internet streaming options for watching games than ever before, and large-screen HD picture quality is almost as good as being there. HD PPV has definitely hurt Hawaii's attendance. I have to admit that, even as a 20-year season ticket holder, I seriously considered going the PPV route this year.

Isn't that your season high?

Nope sorry. San Diego has a population of 1.3 million, that isn't even counting that God-forsaken city of El Cajon. Logan, Utah has a population of 49k. There is no excuse for your attendance to be rivaling that of USU especially considering your rhetoric over the years.

It is. As many (including me) have already acknowledged here and elsewhere. That's what grown ups do.

im sorry but is stating that san diego has a lot of fairweather fans who are easily deterred by 100+ degree weather really an excuse or is that closer to being an accurate description of San Diego? I'd say its pretty freakin accurate.

Nope sorry. San Diego has a population of 1.3 million, that isn't even counting that God-forsaken city of El Cajon. Logan, Utah has a population of 49k. There is no excuse for your attendance to be rivaling that of USU especially considering your rhetoric over the years.

:lol: aww a challenger emerges for Wyoming's percentage of population crown.

:lol: aww a challenger emerges for Wyoming's percentage of population crown.

If you want to hold USU as the standard for attendance comparisons feel free. If you are satisfied with outdrawing USU then congratulations. The way you talk on here I just figured your program was much more big time than that....my bad.

It is. As many (including me) have already acknowledged here and elsewhere. That's what grown ups do.

if we fresno fans want our program to get to the next level we need to blindly support the team (i know, im preaching to the choir). bulldog football is the only game in town. 41k and we can’t even fill it up for a bcs team? terrible. btw – it didn’t look like we had no more than 23k at the stadium last saturday.