Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

catholicmat

HEY, UTES....

MOST HATED TEAM IN AMERICA!!!!! DAMN PROUD OF IT!!!!

BUCK WITH BRONCO AND BYU OR BUCK THE HELL OFF!!!!

I'm sure there is enough talent on the bench to overcome a reliever back that it wouldn't make a difference to their offensive performance. They could lose 30% of their starters and Utah would still make me nervous about which version shows up.

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

I'm sure there is enough talent on the bench to overcome a reliever back that it wouldn't make a difference to their offensive performance. They could lose 30% of their starters and Utah would still make me nervous about which version shows up.

I think their depth is a concern man. Losing this kid, and if the starter goes down. I think if naything, it shows that either Kragthorpe was counting on last years talent, or Petrino saw the writting on the wall, and that is why he bolted for Atlanta. I am not a big follower of UofL, so maybe a louisville fan can give us some insight.

No matter, losing this kid, I think is a big deal.

Probably true, but I'd rather not get my hopes up with a dominant Ute showing :(

Hell, I think you would take a W, even a 1 point W. Utah doesb't have to be dominant, Utah just needs to win. I like the Utes chances.

Hell, I think you would take a W, even a 1 point W. Utah doesb't have to be dominant, Utah just needs to win. I like the Utes chances.

Thanks for the reassurance. I know the potential is there, it's a question of staff/player performance. I'm calling a pretty tight game....the winner depends on which team(s) show up. UL could be lurking and ready to unload due to their performance to date. But I think the U keeps it close. Hopefully the youngins have learned about "letdown" after UCLA/UNLV. If they win against UL then my next ulcer will be vs. SDSU....been that kind of season so far. Peace out!

I think their depth is a concern man. Losing this kid, and if the starter goes down. I think if naything, it shows that either Kragthorpe was counting on last years talent, or Petrino saw the writting on the wall, and that is why he bolted for Atlanta. I am not a big follower of UofL, so maybe a louisville fan can give us some insight.

No matter, losing this kid, I think is a big deal.

The problem right now is with Stripling suspension and the injury to Sergio Spencer we only have 2 experienced RB-(even though they are both very good in Brock Bolen and Anthony Allen) left.

We had depth and plenty of talent so that wasn't the reason Petrino left-(He always want to coach in the NFL and he is getting 5 Million a year).

I do know this for a fact, Petrino is not happy with the fact that Kragthorpe has tore down what he built at Louisville in such a short time.

The problem right now is with Stripling suspension and the injury to Sergio Spencer we only have 2 experienced RB-(even though they are both very good in Brock Bolen and Anthony Allen) left.

We had depth and plenty of talent so that wasn't the reason Petrino left-(He always want to coach in the NFL and he is getting 5 Million a year).

I do know this for a fact, Petrino is not happy with the fact that Kragthorpe has tore down what he built at Louisville in such a short time.

Well, Louisville paid Petrino over $2 million a year (I think, $2.25 million), but didn't they are giving Kragthorpe that much ($750,000). So maybe Louisville did not expect Kragthorpe to do as well as Petrino. You sometimes get what you pay for....

:unsure:

Hmmm....interesting. Thanks for th in-put.

Here are the Cardinal rushing stats for the season. Allen is the #1 back, and is top 10 in the country in yardage per game.

Allen- 97 carries, 578 yards, 6.0 avg, 6 TD's

Stripling- (Suspended)- 38 carries, 171 yards, 4.5 avg, 1 TD

Bolen- 20 carries, 118 yards, 5.9 avg, 2 TD's

Spencer- (Still likely injured, out)- 10 carries, 62 yards, 6.2 avg, 2 TD's

Allen was slightly injured in the NC ST game, so Bolen came in rush for 112 yards on 18 carries. He carries twice in the opener, and had been hurt himself since then. Both Allen and Bolen are big guys who pound. Stripling is lighter and supposed to be a breakaway guy, although he has not shown that since early last season. I say that because Allen, Bolen, & Spencer all had a longer carry then Stripling's season high of a 19 yard run.

Basically, if Allen or Bolen get hurt in the Utah game, having Stripling suspended will hurt. Otherwise, I honestly don't think its a huge loss. Spencer could be back, but Krapthorpe doesn't comment on injuries, so who knows when he is back.

Well, Louisville paid Petrino over $2 million a year (I think, $2.25 million), but didn't they are giving Kragthorpe that much ($750,000). So maybe Louisville did not expect Kragthorpe to do as well as Petrino. You sometimes get what you pay for....

:unsure:

Kragthorpe is making around 1.2 Million here so he is pretty well compensated.

TCU Robert, Louisville is a 14.5 point favorite against Utah.

http://www.madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

I think this should be a competitve game. If Utah wins it just "proves" that UL is underperforming and Kragthorpe sucks....if Utah loses then MWC is crappy enough that Syracuse fans could brag about how crappy the Utes are. Perception is a biotch. 2 very talented teams with very disappointing production at this point.

I think this should be a competitve game. If Utah wins it just "proves" that UL is underperforming and Kragthorpe sucks....if Utah loses then MWC is crappy enough that Syracuse fans could brag about how crappy the Utes are. Perception is a biotch. 2 very talented teams with very disappointing production at this point.

This is definatly going to be an interesting game. I would normally pick UL to win but I have funny feeling that the UTE's will pull this one out. Glad it is not on Yahoo pick'em!

If the team plays more disciplined as they did against NC St, and the player movement in several specific situations remain the same, I like UofL by double digits. Nothing would shock me though, be it a Ute win or a 3 TD win for the Cards. We've underperformed, but if the Utah of this season (minus the UCLA game) shows up, I don't think its close.

If the team plays more disciplined as they did against NC St, and the player movement in several specific situations remain the same, I like UofL by double digits.

Louisville's win over N.C. ST. was as equally unimpressive as Utah's win over Utah State.

#20 BYU 14, #3 Oklahoma 13

#18 BYU 26, #21 Utah 23

#14 BYU 44, #16 Oregon State 20

#10 BYU 82, Utah 69

#14 BYU 71, Utah 51

#16 BYU 99, Florida 92

Louisville's win over N.C. ST. was as equally unimpressive as Utah's win over Utah State.

I'll disagree, but of course I didn't say I was basing my prediction on just last week. I guarantee you won't find a UofL fan calling NC St a good team, or even a team that will challenge for a bowl. They simply are a poor team. Syracuse is just as poor however, and quite possibly worse. UofL gave up 38 to the Orange, and lost...at home. Against the Pack UofL held them to 10 on the road, and as I alluded to, did some player position readjustments that seemed to be key in the D improvement. Utah has a better offense than NC State, so UofL fans are very cautiously optimistic that the D improvement will continue against a team with more of an offensive pulse.

UofL also limited the stupid 15 yard personal foul penalties against the Pack. That's key for us, as multiple opponents this season had drives stopped by UofL on a 3rd down, only to be given a 1st down due to an after the play 15 yarder...and that opponent went on to score 7 points on the drive. Such a drive could be called the difference in losing to Syracuse for example. Believe me, Card fans are not cocky, we are waiting to see what this week brings. I just don't see Utah bringing enough to win tomorrow, and that's just my personal feel for it.

As for Utah St, there's bottom of the ACC bad (NC St), and then's there's bottom of I-A bad (Utah St). Let's not insult the board's intelligence and claim those teams are equals.

As for Utah St, there's bottom of the ACC bad (NC St), and then's there's bottom of I-A bad (Utah St). Let's not insult the board's intelligence and claim those teams are equals.

Remind me again of NCSU's home opener- http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teamsched?teamId=152 .

#18 BYU 26, #21 Utah 23

#10 BYU 82, Utah 69

#14 BYU 71, Utah 51

#16 BYU 99, Florida 92

Remind me again of NCSU's home opener- http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teamsched?teamId=152 .

Let me start by saying this is my last back and forth post with you on the subject, because it's a waste of time debating those that cannot help themselves. I honestly had forgotten how far apart you were from reality on most topics. I earnestly thank you for proving my point however.

I'll lay it out simple like, so you understand. It boils down to this. Utah St does not equal NC St, and does not equal UCF. The Pack losing by 2 at home to UCF shows they are a poor team, as I stated. An ACC team should win that game, but UCF is looking like a potential CUSA East favorite, and almost beat Texas. As for the sad sack Aggies on the otherhand, we saw what happened when they played a top team from the Big 12.

it's a waste of time debating those that cannot help themselves. I honestly had forgotten how far apart you were from reality on most topics.

Don't be such a drama-queen. My point, Priscilla, is simply that North Carolina State is not a good football team, nor was Louisville's win over them impressive, as you tried so hard so unsuccessfully to imply above. Accept that and move on with your life, perhaps to a Louisville/Big Least message board if you can't handle discussion or disagreement without crying like a newborn.

#18 BYU 26, #21 Utah 23

#10 BYU 82, Utah 69

#14 BYU 71, Utah 51

#16 BYU 99, Florida 92

Don't be such a drama-queen. My point, Priscilla, is simply that North Carolina State is not a good football team, nor was Louisville's win over them impressive, as you tried so hard so unsuccessfully to imply above. Accept that and move on with your life, perhaps to a Louisville/Big Least message board if you can't handle discussion or disagreement without crying like a newborn.

Eldermars are you still angry that the MWC did not take the BIG EAST BCS Bid and basically the BIG EAST has pretty much as a league left you in the dust.

Big Least, now that original especially coming from a fan of a league that has gotten killed OOC the past two years.