Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

riesers

Simple Question

IMO the biggest two sports are football and bball. Like I said, some might even argue that we are a bball conference. We've added TCU which didn't help our bball that much. This is why I think a team like fsu would be a better addition. Add a rivalry for a team that doesn't have one, decent football, decent (with pretty good potential) in bball, etc. If we were looking strictly at football or if we go to 3 then this might be a different discussion.

I agree with you here. FB and BB are the key sports, the others are just nice if you are good at them. It would be nice to add a rival for SDSU and to open more recruiting areas in Cali, but I think BSU is a school on the rise athletically and academically. If we don't add them, then we at least need to save a spot for them, because I bet in a few years yet they will be more balanced athletically and significantly better academically.

2008-Present - Kicker Conditioning Coach, Team Apology

It seems to me that the most important question that should be asked is...

Does adding BSU give the MWC a chance to get a BCS automatic invite?

If yes you have to add BSU. It would increase exposure, income for all the schools and be more important than every other sport combined (and improve all sports across the board).

If no than why would the MWC add BSU?

That in and of itself should be the only debate. Everything else is small in comparison to the answer to that question.

Guest ragtimeJOE

The key to the strength of a conference is how they perform in OOC games and in bowl games. Now it is easy to point out that Boise State has losses at Georgia and at Washington, but it is not as though the rest of us have perfect records out of conference in the last couple years. They have an OOC record that would rank with the best in the MWC and they would almost certainly improve the strength of the conference.

I would agree with this, but I think my point still needs to be considered. I guess I would just need to see some hard mathematical evidence of how much improvement they would bring and how much closer we would be to the aq conferences.

Lets stick with Reality, gang.

Wyomings Athletic department is one of the worst in the nation. That is a FACT.

The same criteria YOU MWC FANS have been throwing at BSU fans has now come back to bite you.

The Directors Cup (posted REPEATEDLY here by MWC as the standard for Athletic Departments) clearly shows how terrible Wyoming is.

As in last place, out of 284 schools.

So please, leave Athletics out of the discussion. Wyoming doesn't compare to BSU in any way, shape or form in terms of On Field preformance.

Stop. You've just shown your vast ignorance and anything you say after this has no credibility.

This is seriously the dumbest idea for a thread I've seen on this board since I joined. And I've read all the other +++++ from the BSU trolls. This takes the cake.

What an idiot...

BORDER WAR 2010: 44 - 0

I THINK ALVESTER ALEXANDER JUST SCORED AGAIN...

Guest ragtimeJOE

Why becuase it is making Wyoming look like crap?

Again, why do you continually ignore the valid points that have been posted by MWC fans and resort to name calling and/or derogatory comments? You still are avoiding my question..if bsu stumbles in football, what do they bring to the conference that STRENGTHENS the conference?

Edit: one thing bsu does have, though, is a very annoying fan base that trolls other conference's message boards--you definitely have us beat on that.

Wrong. All the points I have to make have been addressed, so I'm not getting buried in this +++++ storm.

The University of Wyoming has more athletic tradition, more athletic success, and is a REAL SCHOOL.

Obviously there are no courses that encourage critical thinking at Boise Tech School for Blind Truck Drivers.

I'm done with this.

BORDER WAR 2010: 44 - 0

I THINK ALVESTER ALEXANDER JUST SCORED AGAIN...

Again, why do you continually ignore the valid points that have been posted by MWC fans and resort to name calling and/or derogatory comments? You still are avoiding my question..if bsu stumbles in football, what do they bring to the conference that STRENGTHENS the conference?

Edit: one thing bsu does have, though, is a very annoying fan base that trolls other conference's message boards--you definitely have us beat on that.

Migger market, a bowl game, Tennis, Wrestling, Track, Girls BBALL wow this is easy!!! What does Wyoming bring to the MWC with out football (by the way they have sucked in for awhile)??

Guest ragtimeJOE

Migger market, a bowl game, Tennis, Wrestling, Track, Girls BBALL wow this is easy!!! What does Wyoming bring to the MWC with out football (by the way they have sucked in for awhile)??

not sure what a migger market is but you are one letter away from a serious foul :lol:

For the bigger market benefit to the MWC? MTN already in boise, idaho not fertile recruiting grounds, attendence is and would be good.

Bowl game...keep it

Tennis, wrestling, track who cares

Girls bball ok

We bring academics, more athletic revenue than bsu, mens and womens bball, and we play some other sports that I don't keep up with. As for the sucks for awhile thing, you are right, a couple of coaches ran the program in the ground. I will be interested to see if bsu wins 10+ games every year for 50 years.

Look, I've said repeatedly that bsu is good in football and their university is growing. However, they wouldn't be my pick for expansion. Why does that rub all you bsu fans so wrong? I would rather add a solid football program with a solid bball program--fsu fits this a little better. They also add baseball, bigger market than bsu, are located in a fertile recruiting state, and would add a rivalry to a MWC school that doesn't have one. What's the problem with that opinion? You act like I kicked your dog or something.

not sure what a migger market is but you are one letter away from a serious foul :lol:

For the bigger market benefit to the MWC? MTN already in boise, idaho not fertile recruiting grounds, attendence is and would be good.

Bowl game...keep it

Tennis, wrestling, track who cares

Girls bball ok

We bring academics, more athletic revenue than bsu, mens and womens bball, and we play some other sports that I don't keep up with. As for the sucks for awhile thing, you are right, a couple of coaches ran the program in the ground. I will be interested to see if bsu wins 10+ games every year for 50 years.

Look, I've said repeatedly that bsu is good in football and their university is growing. However, they wouldn't be my pick for expansion. Why does that rub all you bsu fans so wrong? I would rather add a solid football program with a solid bball program--fsu fits this a little better. They also add baseball, bigger market than bsu, are located in a fertile recruiting state, and would add a rivalry to a MWC school that doesn't have one. What's the problem with that opinion? You act like I kicked your dog or something.

I think the deal is that the Most BSU fans root for Wyoming to win the MWC conference. We LOVE playing you guys. We NEVER count you guys out. Same kind of people in our states (no yuppies, atleast where I am from). Plus we share yellowstone with you. :lol:

Guest ragtimeJOE

I think the deal is that the Most BSU fans root for Wyoming to win the MWC conference. We LOVE playing you guys. We NEVER count you guys out. Same kind of people in our states (no yuppies, atleast where I am from). Plus we share yellowstone with you. :lol:

I am as excited as anyone to have bsu on the schedule and share yellowstone with Idaho :lol: . My intention is not to knock bsu by any means; I just have a different opinion when it comes to expansion.

Good luck with the rest of the season btw..if you get by hi and end the season with only 1 loss, I think there is still an outside chance that you get to the bcs bowl.

You've proven my point for me :) Thank you. Any further Directors Cup smack from idiot MWC fans has just been destroyed.

The Directors Cup is a joke. The fact that MWC fans have used it repeatedly to dog BSU shows what a clueless bunch of morons they are.

Thanks RTJ!

As I have posted 10 times before on this board, here is some evidence for why the Director's cup is a joke:

1. UNM Football received 25 points, WYO received Zero. This is despite the fact that Wyoming finished with a better record, better MWC record, and won head to head. However, UNM was awarded points for being selected to a bowl. How can bowl selection be considered a criteria for evaluating success of an athletic program, if the bowl selection process is not based on competitive merit, but rather based on revenue potential? Should we start adding media market size to the director's cup? Is that what collegiate athletics has come to?

2. Wyoming finished 2nd in the MWC in Women's BB and won the WNIT and received zero points. How can a minor bowl like the New Mexico or Poinsettia Bowl be worthy of 25 points, but a WNIT championship (the BB equivalent of a minor bowl win) not worthy of any?

3. CSU finished last in the league in Football, and near the bottom in Men's BB and Women's BB. Are you telling me that their athletic department is in the top half of the country and Wyoming is at the bottom? All because they have a couple of very talented cross country runners?

Not to pick on UNM, whose New Mexico Bowl selection I fully understand, or CSU whose Football program achieved great things for the MWC at its inception, but the DIrector's Cup is useless.

What is the point of this thread? Here are a couple of facts for you:

1. Wyoming was a founding member of the WAC

2. Wyoming was a founding member of the MWC.

3. The MWC has no procedures in place to remove a member.

4. The MWC presidents have shown a lack of interest in Boise State University (reasons for disinterest have been debated ad nauseum)

Sorry, but the reality is that Boise State University is a member of the WAC, the University of Wyoming is a member of the MWC, and neither of those things appear to be changing anytime soon. Wyoming has a long, rich history in Men's Basketball that Boise State can only dream of, and Boise State is at least 20 years away from being discussed in the same classification as a land grant research institution such as the University of Wyoming, Colorado State University, or Utah State University.

So that explains why you have spent this entire thread trying to insult the University of Wyoming?