Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

riesers

Simple Question

Guest ragtimeJOE

If BSU replaced WYO in the MWC would the conference be better?

Not in bball, academics, or athletic revenues

Again, I contend this is a ridiculous argument. As a measuring stick for successful expansion and improving our conference, let's compare to one the smallest universities in the conference. Candidates should be compared to our larger universities.

No

BSU is a one trick Pony - Just FB and would struggle in other sports. Wyo is more competitive in BBall Mens and Womens.

BSU's Academics do not match up to Wyoming and are the biggest reason tehy have not been invited to date.

BSU does not have any real connection with CSU and AFA the way Wyoming does.

BSU does bring a bigger media market than Wyo, but then who doesn't.

Too much history between Wyo and the other MWC Scools to replace with BSU.

In fact there is no school in the MWC that I would replace with BSU. I would rather add FSU or Hawaii before BSU.

Guest ragtimeJOE

I noticed how bsu fans are now pointing out Director's Cup standings and how poorly WYO does, so bsu has a stronger athletic program. Well, we are already in, but looking at Director's Cup standings I see the following schools have stronger athletic programs than bsu..

UC Irivine, UC Santa Barbara, hi, smu, pepperdine, Cal Poly San Louis Obispa, Long Beach State, Montana State, etc.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

NO. Emphatic NO! As in: HELL NO!

Wyoming has far superior academics. I think that even Weber St has superior academics to Boise.

Wyoming has the big edge in conference rivalries.

Wyoming has more money.

Wyoming has a great tradition in basketball.

Boise, as an institution, is still little more than an advanced truck driving school.

A great football team is not all the MWC would be looking for.

I, as a UTE grad, am personally offended when the boise pres comes out and says he wants his school in a conference of like schools. If that's the case, boise should join the sac st, portland st conference...if that is not considered an insult to those fine institutions.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

Great thread, Fresno fan.

Better, in what context?

The real question is why hasn't BSU replaced BYU in the Mountain West Conference? From everything I read on message boards, Boise State has a good football team or something.

This should happen immediately, if not sooner.

deadhorse.jpg

The really real question is why hasn't Gene Bleymaier been approached to replace Herr Craig Thompson?

included to the MWC...yes. BSU instead of WYO...ABSOLUTELY NOT!...WYO ROCKS! except when we play them in any sport!

The Pokes are a keeper!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

I would say No also. BSU isn't much different than Wyoming in my opinion as to what they bring to the conference as a whole. It would be like trading apples for oranges.

Best answer on the thread.

My question was just to point out to the WYOMING fans that seem to feel the need to constantly tell us why were not good enough. There school isnt much better. So to say that we would drag down the conference is stupid coming from those fans. Now Utah and BYU can preach that crap all day. Wyoming? Hell No!!

Here's a better question:

If Boise State didn't have creampuffs like USU, NMSU, Idaho, SJSU and La Tech to pad annual win totals, would anyone know the Broncos exist? :o

My question was just to point out to the WYOMING fans that seem to feel the need to constantly tell us why were not good enough. There school isnt much better. So to say that we would drag down the conference is stupid coming from those fans. Now Utah and BYU can preach that crap all day. Wyoming? Hell No!!

On the football field is the only place Boise is better nothing else comes close

where did this retarded question come from? NO WAY...Wyoming has WAY more rivalry blood between the schools that are already here. The rivalry between BYU, Utah, CSU and UNM go back 50-80 years! I would rather see UTEP or Hawaii in the conference before boise.

Well there is probably alot of Paraquat in the air this time of the year in Idaho, and that can't be good on the fans up there.

Guest ragtimeJOE

LMAO. Pick one response that agrees with your opinion and run with it like it is gospel. I already have shown that the Director's Cup thing really doesn't mean much.

1) WYO bball is way better than bsu; bball is very important to the MWC (some might even argue that we are a bball conference--traditionally at least)

2) WYO academics are better than bsu

3) Athletic revenues at UW are better

4) The MTN is already in boise--adding bsu doesn't increase tv that much

5) bsu is clearly the better football team (although WYO does bring something to the table here that bsu doesn't--road wins against bcs teams :P )

The point your missing is that we are a voting member of this conference and we (unlike you) have a vested interest in the success of this conference. We can preach whatever in the hell we want to preach if in our opinion it is the best for this conference. The part I bolded I think drives the point home. To strengthen the conference our measuring stick needs to be in relation to other candidates and our strongest programs.

Now, a question you never answered...if bsu stumbles in football (hey it can happen) what do they bring to the conference that would STRENGTHEN the conference.

where did this retarded question come from? NO WAY...Wyoming has WAY more rivalry blood between the schools that are already here. The rivalry between BYU, Utah, CSU and UNM go back 50-80 years! I would rather see UTEP or Hawaii in the conference before boise.

Funny how this thread is turning into Wyoming is good enough for the MWC. You poke fans like to talk about how BSU isnt good enough to try to distract from the real weakness of this conference. As I stated before in the thread RIVALRIES ASIDE.

What does WYOMING BRING TO THE MWC? Really what?

Funny how this thread is turning into Wyoming is good enough for the MWC. You poke fans like to talk about how BSU isnt good enough to try to distract from the real weakness of this conference. As I stated before in the thread RIVALRIES ASIDE.

They don't have to bring anything...they're already here.

Seriously stop licking the potatoe vines this time of year that stuff is not good for you