Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EvilPoke

Another .MTN rumor for Dish Network

My cousin is one of those people who you complain to when Dish Network doesn't work. He says Dish Network will be putting the .Mtn on, but he doesn't know when. Take if for what it's worth.

Still sounds iffy to me from that info.

But if Dish wanted to gain market share in the MWC footprint region, they would be smart to beat DirectTV in getting the MWC network added.........I bet people would drop DirectTV in the MWC footprint to sign on with Dish Network............then DirectTV would be the odd player out in the MWC region.

My cousin is one of those people who you complain to when Dish Network doesn't work. He says Dish Network will be putting the .Mtn on, but he doesn't know when. Take if for what it's worth.

As far as I'm concerned, NOW is better than LATER.

PokeNation: Internet Society of Wyoming fans everywhere

My son-in-law that works for DirecTV was at our home watching BYU-UNM. He said virtually the same thing about DirecTV. The positive is that at least now the people who work in the call centers know something. Not real optimistic. Wish it would happen before hoops.

GO COUGARS!

I'm a well adjusted mal-content now...please don't get my hopes up!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

My son-in-law that works for DirecTV was at our home watching BYU-UNM. He said virtually the same thing about DirecTV. The positive is that at least now the people who work in the call centers know something. Not real optimistic. Wish it would happen before hoops.

GO COUGARS!

Ditto! I'm quite comfortable in believing that the Mtn. on satellite is a big lie that will never come true. The "Hair" ought to be tarred and feathered for getting us into this deal. I say if we did that, we ought to film it for TV, but I'd never get to see it anyway. :angry:

PokeNation: Internet Society of Wyoming fans everywhere

My cousin's aunt's brother's sister's former roommate is huge with echostar. She's says Dish will be putting it on all tiers beginning tonight at midnight eastern. Dude, shut up already. We are tired of this babble.

XX you wanna know what we are really tired of? Two guesses.

GO COUGARS!

That would be- Nothing (sadly).

#20 BYU 14, #3 Oklahoma 13

#18 BYU 26, #21 Utah 23

#14 BYU 44, #16 Oregon State 20

#10 BYU 82, Utah 69

#14 BYU 71, Utah 51

#16 BYU 99, Florida 92

My cousin's aunt's brother's sister's former roommate is huge with echostar. She's says Dish will be putting it on all tiers beginning tonight at midnight eastern. Dude, shut up already. We are tired of this babble.

Don't tell me to shut up.

This isn't like I made this $hit up out of thin air. We're all pissed off about the Mtn - but at the same time we'll take any damn information we can get.

If you don't want to read it, you don't have to.

Nothing against CSRs, but when it comes to many of the CSRs at DirecTV and Dish Network, they are not as clued in to when new channels are coming in. In most cases, I don't believe they want the CSRs to have this information since it tends to spread and get false hopes up. Same thing goes for installers and dealers, though some of them are more apt to simply lie about that stuff because, in the end, they are selling a product.

DirecTV CSRs might be a little more clued in to what the mtn actually is because a DirecTV call center is in Boise, ID. The main cable system there carries the mtn. because of a tift between Comcast and Cable One regarding rebroadcast rights over the 2006 BSU-Wyoming game, so folks there have some idea of what it is.

I still don't understand why on Dishnetwork I can get the BYU, UCLA and University of Washington channel along with countless home shopping channels but not a reginol sports network.

Let's see BYU pays to broadcast there channel.

MTN wants money to broadcast theirs.

It's not terribly complicated.

CVEcMlXUEAAtMZW.png