Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpanaBaller

So when will the WAC officially disband?

Going back to June.....when the BIG12 almost broke up......the BIG12 was in danger of disbanding because they only had 5 teams(Kansas, Kstate, IowaSt.,Missouri, and Baylor) Something about having 6 teams who have been together 5yrs or more to remain a conference. NCAA rule or something

Right now the WAC has SJSU, NMSU, UtahSt., Hawaii, LaTech, and Idaho. What happens if the MWC adds Houston/UTEP. And CUSA replaces them with LaTech. Damn the WAC and BYU are screwed!

NEW LOBO ORDER

spannaballernp1.gif

WE ARE NEW MEXICO

Going back to June.....when the BIG12 almost broke up......the BIG12 was in danger of disbanding because they only had 5 teams(Kansas, Kstate, IowaSt.,Missouri, and Baylor) Something about having 6 teams who have been together 5yrs or more to remain a conference. NCAA rule or something

Right now the WAC has SJSU, NMSU, UtahSt., Hawaii, LaTech, and Idaho. What happens if the MWC adds Houston/UTEP. And CUSA replaces them with LaTech. Damn the WAC and BYU are screwed!

You can get an exemption for that rule.

In the end it just doesn't matter because my university will get whatever it wants and be on the inside on any incarnation of whatever conference it chooses and whatever incarnation of the NCAA or BCS that arises. Our ego only got bigger with the Pac-10, SEC and Big 10 trying to get us to join their conference.

Look, why don't you just be quiet before my university buys yours and closes it just for spite?

That don't HAVE to disband. They could recruit some IAA schools to join, and shut down the football schedule until those schools became eligible for IA. Not an ideal situation for the likes of SJSU, NMSU, etc, but it might be preferable to being scattered to the 4 winds.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

no they only need 6, but they cannot play in a bowl game unless they have 8. The WAC with scrape and invite EVERYONE they can just to stay affloat. I think they will find a way to survive even if they are not relevent. It just may be in MWC's interest just to invite USU to stick it to them one more time.

I doubt they'll disband, but I seriously doubt they're going to exist as a football conference next season. I feel bad for the remaining schools, so I don't hope it disbands for their sake. But I can't stand Benson, and that makes me want to see it happen.