Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rofl_copter_dos

MWC football recruiting 2014

Pokes pick up another o-line commit in Tanner Cole from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. 6'4 285lbs. Videos I've seen show him as a very good run blocker that just shoves defenders backwards until the play is over, or the defender loses their footing.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Cole-Turner-144841

We beat them for Worthy and I believe Titus Young for two I can remember but the list of losses is a lot longer.   I'd love to land a name recruit or two just for the positive PR it could bring. 

I have a feeling this could be the best recruiting class we could see for a while.  Many of the relationships our new coaches have built with recruits was while they were at Stanford or A&M, or recruiting in the deep south 100% of the time.  That all changes next year so I hope we cash in right now.

We beat them for Worthy and I believe Titus Young for two I can remember but the list of losses is a lot longer.   I'd love to land a name recruit or two just for the positive PR it could bring. 

I have a feeling this could be the best recruiting class we could see for a while.  Many of the relationships our new coaches have built with recruits was while they were at Stanford or A&M, or recruiting in the deep south 100% of the time.  That all changes next year so I hope we cash in right now.

Off the top of my head Allen Mooney and Jeremy Childs as well.

I have that feeling as well. Can't wait to see who they can bring in. Reminds me of when Leon came in, he was able to land guys the basketball team normally wouldn't get because he was recruiting them as a Gonzaga coach. Now there are Stanford and aTm recruits that are looking at Boise State for similar reasons.

Off the top of my head Allen Mooney and Jeremy Childs as well.

I have that feeling as well. Can't wait to see who they can bring in. Reminds me of when Leon came in, he was able to land guys the basketball team normally wouldn't get because he was recruiting them as a Gonzaga coach. Now there are Stanford and aTm recruits that are looking at Boise State for similar reasons.

I can see the A&M thing working if the stars align but I gotta ask.. what in the hell would compel a recruit to choose Boise (or any other MWC school) over 'Furd?

I can see the A&M thing working if the stars align but I gotta ask.. what in the hell would compel a recruit to choose Boise (or any other MWC school) over 'Furd?

I'm not sure, but you could probably ask current Broncos Matt Miller, Jeremy Ioane, and Kirby Moore why they chose Boise State over an offer from 'Furd.

Besides, that is not everyone we are talking about. Currently Sanford has gotten a trip out of a 4 star QB who was Stanford's #2 on their list. They got their #1 so he never got an offer from Stanford. There is likely a handful of recruits that are on Stanford/aTm's short list that don't have offers.

I'm not sure, but you could probably ask current Broncos Matt Miller, Jeremy Ioane, and Kirby Moore why they chose Boise State over an offer from 'Furd.

Besides, that is not everyone we are talking about. Currently Sanford has gotten a trip out of a 4 star QB who was Stanford's #2 on their list. They got their #1 so he never got an offer from Stanford. There is likely a handful of recruits that are on Stanford/aTm's short list that don't have offers.

Poor parenting skills. I get the non-offers but an degree from Boise or one from Stanford? Asinine.

Poor parenting skills. I get the non-offers but an degree from Boise or one from Stanford? Asinine.

agree.  Turning down a Stanford Degree is lunacy