Coastie

Sad news. This is coastie's son posting.

RIP Coastie....

We probably sparred more than we agreed, but I always respected your moxie. You were a true fan and an avid MWC supporter. The community won't be the same without you. Condolences to your family & friends, including those here on this board.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Dear Coastie's family,

I post mostly on the Air Force Falcon forum, and even then, mostly during football season. Your husband/father was one of my favorite forum buddies, and I will miss him GREATLY!!! Thank you for letting us know of his sudden passing. We are all grieving with you. Here's a link to the thread that told us of Coastie's passing. You will find other condolences from the members of the AF forum there. Please accept my hearfelt condolences, and know that I will keep you all in my prayers.

Take care and God bless you,

Fledge

FledglingFalcon.jpg

This is just so sad to hear. What's happened on this board and the time spent on it is just a micro fraction of his entire life. It makes board stuff seem completely small even though he's had a very positive impact on many people.

Coastie, I never knew you as a regular person, but it's not hard to see that you were a good man, husband and father. You can't do anything but be impressed with that. You will be missed more than you'll ever know.

kat.jpg

Stunning news and condolences to you and your family, Troy. Coastie was one of my favorite posters and when I first started here I could tell he was going to be one of the nicest, most congenial ones around. He did not let me down and he had a good wit about him to boot. I'm just stunned; Coastie really helped bring this forum together as a moderating, relaxed influence. I am really going to miss him. Sad, sad day for the board. Coastie was top notch.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

I'd like to offer my sympathies with all the others on here. Your father will be missed by all on the board and I hope your family will find some comfort from these small remembrances of his wit, passion, and knowledge.

Go Pokes!

bronco2.gif

I had to sign on long enough to give my condolences to you and your family. Coastie, it's been said before here already, but he was truly a voice of reason on this board... he will be sorely missed by all of us!

God Bless you and your family, may he give you strength and guidence in your time of need.

Mach 4... Into the wild blue yonder Coastie!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Wow, times like this make you know what is important. Thank you for sharing the information on your Father's passing and letting us both grieve and celebrate this part of his life with you.

May the Lord Bless you and keep you, may his face shine upon you and may He grant eternal rest unto your father's soul.

Peace,

Mark

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

Troy,

I spoke to your father about his time in the Coast Guard. My brother spent time in the Coast Guard in Coos Bay, and I was trying to see if he may have met my brother at one point or another and he had not.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, I am very sorry for your loss. Your Dad will be missed.

RIP Coastie!

"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

- John Stuart Mill

I just got an email from Troy Calhoun, the head coach of the Air Force Falcons football team sending his condolences. I'm just amazed that the news reached him and that he reached out. I don't know how the news reached him but I'm so thankful he sent the email and I responded back thanking him.

I just wrote out what I'm gonna say at the service and I included some of the great things you've written about my dad and I'm gonna share it with everybody. I'm sending the link to family as well.

Again, you've all been so wonderful. Thank you.

5810035788_0136d8168b_b.jpg

I just got an email from Troy Calhoun, the head coach of the Air Force Falcons football team sending his condolences. I'm just amazed that the news reached him and that he reached out. I don't know how the news reached him but I'm so thankful he sent the email and I responded back thanking him.

I just wrote out what I'm gonna say at the service and I included some of the great things you've written about my dad and I'm gonna share it with everybody. I'm sending the link to family as well.

Again, you've all been so wonderful. Thank you.

Troy Calhoun just gained a whole lot of respect from this Nevada fan.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

RIP Coastie.

Great poster. Probably safe to say, an even better person.

He'll be missed in these parts.

Go Warriors! Go Bows! Go Wahine! GO HAWAI'I!!

aloha-stadium.jpg

This is Mountain West Country

ALOHA!

Follow me on Twitter! @UHawkFan12

Just had my mom check her email and Troy Calhoun sent her one as well.

That is awesome....I just gained alot of respect from Coach Calhoun

That is sad news and I'm sorry to hear. My condolences to the family.

Coastie was probably the best poster on here, objective, informative and gave his opinion without trashing everyone else.

We could all learn a thing or two from his positive attitude.