Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USUonU

USU at CSU

CSU gets our best player back this week. RB Chris Nwoke.

The games vs NDSU/SJSU would have been a LOT closer if we had him seeing as how our offense revolves him and the power run game

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

Right now I think Utah State is probably better than SJSU. And we beat CSU, so you should too. Go Aggies! :)

I don't know if that's true. I actually think SJSU might be slightly better than USU based on your performance against Stanford. Regardless, while i'm pulling for a CSU win I feel that USU will have the edge this week.

Hughes Stadium panoramic Utah05 - 2

Hows your D-Line? Good against the pass or run?

Well against NDSU and SJSU we struggled against both. Against CU we dominated them pass and run. I'll be curious what happens this weekend cause McElwain is saying the team is improving and so-forth. I expect USU to win this one but if CSU catches a few breaks like last year it could be interesting. Ag day usually brings decent (not great) crouds too. I expect around 24,000 or so.

Well against NDSU and SJSU we struggled against both. Against CU we dominated them pass and run. I'll be curious what happens this weekend cause McElwain is saying the team is improving and so-forth. I expect USU to win this one but if CSU catches a few breaks like last year it could be interesting. Ag day usually brings decent (not great) crouds too. I expect around 24,000 or so.

Curious about the game day ticket scalping situation at Hughes? Will I be able to get 5 together?

Curious about the game day ticket scalping situation at Hughes? Will I be able to get 5 together?

5 together? maybe.

Get what tickets you can and sit up a little higher on the west side and you can all sit together. Stadium holds 33,000 and expecting around 24,000 for the game so you should be fine.

Honestly think USU takes this one. Secondary is beat up (both starting CB's likely out due to injury), the DLine hasn't put up any sort of pass rush against a real team, the Oline is still learning the new blocking schemes (a step slow and not gelling yet), and inconsistencies at the skill positions. We have a long ways to go.

That being said. I really do think things are heading in the right direction for us. At about the midpoint this season I think things will start clicking more and we will be more competitive. The game where we start clicking? Could be USU, but I'm not putting my money on it.

Go Rams!

5 together? maybe.

Get what tickets you can and sit up a little higher on the west side and you can all sit together. Stadium holds 33,000 and expecting around 24,000 for the game so you should be fine.

Gracias. Looking forward to throwing back some beers and sampling the CSU AgDay fare prior to the game.

To answer the OP...

Offense:

QB Garrett Grayson is developing, but is still inconsistent. Showed us a bit of the potential last week with some nice rhythm out of the no huddle.

RB Chris Nwoke can be a beast, but he is coming off of injury and may be rusty.

WR Joe Hansley has some real potential, but he is a true frosh and plays like it at times. We need to find out how to use him more.

Defense:

LB Shaq Barrett is all conference material and overall we have a very strong LB group.

To answer the OP...

Offense:

QB Garrett Grayson is developing, but is still inconsistent. Showed us a bit of the potential last week with some nice rhythm out of the no huddle.

RB Chris Nwoke can be a beast, but he is coming off of injury and may be rusty.

WR Joe Hansley has some real potential, but he is a true frosh and plays like it at times. We need to find out how to use him more.

Defense:

LB Shaq Barrett is all conference material and overall we have a very strong LB group.

Thanks. What do your guys play on D, 4-3 or 3-4?

Base 3-4, but you'll see a lot of both.

Ours is a 3-4 too. We blitz the outside backers a lot, so its kind of like a 4-3 with a stand up DE. We have a lot of different blitz schemes on D. I really like our new defensive coordinator, Dave Aranda (Thanks Hawaii!). He's really creative and unique with his defense, we blitz guys from all over the field.

Ours is a 3-4 too. We blitz the outside backers a lot, so its kind of like a 4-3 with a stand up DE. We have a lot of different blitz schemes on D. I really like our new defensive coordinator, Dave Aranda (Thanks Hawaii!). He's really creative and unique with his defense, we blitz guys from all over the field.

Very cool! Sounds a lot like what we try to do. It all starts up front with the DL creating opportunities for the LBers getting pressure. That's where we are inconsistent, sounds like you guys have it going on

How about on the other side of the ball? Missing turbin?

Very cool! Sounds a lot like what we try to do. It all starts up front with the DL creating opportunities for the LBers getting pressure. That's where we are inconsistent, sounds like you guys have it going on

How about on the other side of the ball? Missing turbin?

Ya we miss him. It's hard to tell how good we are on offense. We didn't look very good against Utah and Wisconsin but those teams have very good defenses. We looked great against SUU but its SUU. The offensive line has been struggling and Keeton hasn't had time to throw. We have some decent receivers but were they're not real fast. Kerwynn Williams is our best back followed by Joe Hill. Neither is very big but Williams has decent speed and Hill is very fast. We're pretty good at running on the edge and have struggled to run between the tackles.