Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyobraska

2014 Border War CSU-WYO Thread

You sure about that?

Depends on who you ask I guess...to someone in Texas...yes. To someone in Alaska...maybe not.

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

Depends on who you ask I guess...to someone in Texas...yes. To someone in Alaska...maybe not.

Heck last winter snow meant a heat wave.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Why is this game not played during the last week of the season?

It was for a long time.  MWC moved the in-state game between Air Force and CSU to that Thanksgiving weekend slot.  I think at the request of AFA and CSU, but I may be wrong on that.

Why is this game not played during the last week of the season?

Attendance worries. October is generally nice; late November can be so miserable nobody will want to go. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Wyobraska, I'll work on your new avatar after the game.

I knew this game would be tough before the season started, but I didn't think you guys would be this good.  I hope Wyo wins but man am I going to hate looking at your avatar for a few months!

I knew this game would be tough before the season started, but I didn't think you guys would be this good.  I hope Wyo wins but man am I going to hate looking at your avatar for a few months!

Hey, I've been wearing blue tits since our Boise game.  If we win, I'll go easy on you, having been there and all.

Guest Cowboy Junky

I think you guys will destroy us this year, but I've been surprised before by the Border War. I just hope we don't get beat 44-0.

Go Pokes. Beat the sheep and take a giant dump on CSU's craptastic season.

I think you guys will destroy us this year, but I've been surprised before by the Border War. I just hope we don't get beat 44-0.

Go Pokes. Beat the sheep and take a giant dump on CSU's craptastic season.

You guys seem pretty beat up and playing with little confidence but stranger things have happened...

You think they will cover -18?  

We won by 30 last year in Laramie.  This wyo team is not as potent offensively as last years team and they are banged up.

With the rivalry aspect and the fact that they are pissed off at us is worth about 7 points but Stanard cancels out the 7 I just gave them so we win by at least 30.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

Guest Cowboy Junky

You guys seem pretty beat up and playing with little confidence but stranger things have happened...

Yeah, it's going to take Bohl a couple of years to clean out the mess DC left. He's got to rebuild a defense that's "Small, Weak, and Slow." We are banged up. We have little to no depth and we've got dominated in the trenches by almost every team we've played. It's not exactly a recipe for smashmouth football.

Still, pride does matter and the opportunity to drop a historically epic deuce in the punchbowl of CSU's best season in years is real and very motivating.

I'll still be cheering my voice out, but I'm expecting the worse and hoping for the best.

You have to admit though: if we won this game it would probably piss CSU off more than the 44-0 beatdown or the four in a row. This one would hurt for you guys.

I'm hoping that gives us an edge and we can stay in the game late until the Rammies start to feel the pressure of a fan base crushing upset.

Wyo is banged up but let's not forget we are also banged up.  Cartwright, Hathaway, Bennet are all out for the year with KPL, Myers possibly out for this game.  Jarrells is still recovering from a sprained knee and Charles Lovett will not play this week.  Those are some BIG losses.

If Wyo can't find a way to keep this game close, CSU will.  That's how we roll lately.  Any close game is up for grabs.  That's why I'm hoping the players are nervous enough to treat this one right.

This thread is far too tame.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

If Wyo can't find a way to keep this game close, CSU will.  That's how we roll lately.  Any close game is up for grabs.  That's why I'm hoping the players are nervous enough to treat this one right.

We will roll.  Coach Mac puts A TON of emphasis on our rivalry/trophy games.