Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Payton is the "Man"ning for NFL touchdown passes.

One of the best or THE best to do it.

Brett Favre still my favorite to ever watch though. A man playing a kids game and acting like it.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

I'm coming around to Peyton being the best QB to ever play in the NFL. I realize he doesn't have all the Superbowl wins that others do, but winning multiple SBs requires a very solid all-around team with more superstars than just your QB. Peyton hasn't had that much. But for individual skill, I'm not sure there's another QB I'd rather have on my team.

I'm coming around to Peyton being the best QB to ever play in the NFL. I realize he doesn't have all the Superbowl wins that others do, but winning multiple SBs requires a very solid all-around team with more superstars than just your QB. Peyton hasn't had that much. But for individual skill, I'm not sure there's another QB I'd rather have on my team.

If you back was ever against the wall and you needed someone who would make it happen, I would choose Elway any day of the week.  Teams seemed to know they were going to lose.  With Manning, he puts up so many points that you never are in that position.  That can be a curse, though, if you aren't used to those situations. 

Favre always seemed to be a turnover machine in those big situations.

Posted Image

If you back was ever against the wall and you needed someone who would make it happen, I would choose Elway any day of the week.  Teams seemed to know they were going to lose.  With Manning, he puts up so many points that you never are in that position.  That can be a curse, though, if you aren't used to those situations. 

Favre always seemed to be a turnover machine in those big situations.

Agree...........Farve for every good play, he'd force one & blow it............Manning has put up huge numbers, but isn't a sure thing.............Elway was pretty damn good at pulling out the W when he was in a pinch

Congratulations to Manning, but I hope the Donkos lose on Thursday. 

Elway could also pick up a first down with his legs from time to time.  I think that is what made him so dangerous in crunch time.  He was also probably the best at improvising.  I think Manning can be too rehearsed during crunch time sometimes.

Posted Image

Elway could also pick up a first down with his legs from time to time.  I think that is what made him so dangerous in crunch time.  He was also probably the best at improvising.  I think Manning can be too rehearsed during crunch time sometimes.

Elway was a really good running QB when he had to. He'll always be remembered for that scissor spin TD run in the Super Bowl. 

20100128_111629_elway%20helicopter_300.j

If you back was ever against the wall and you needed someone who would make it happen, I would choose Elway any day of the week.  Teams seemed to know they were going to lose.  With Manning, he puts up so many points that you never are in that position.  That can be a curse, though, if you aren't used to those

That's a good point. Elway was definitely a stud. And he is apparently damn good at putting together a great football team.

so true about elway being the best denver qb ever

peyton's a good statistical qb. puts up a lot of numbers and has been the leader of a lot of good football teams. he's a bit too "in his head" for my liking. not reactionary enough to overcome confusion. hasn't played his best games when it matters.

i have nothing against the guy. he seems like a good dude but i question how many knowledgeable football fans would have them on their "all-time in-their-prime" teams. i'm guessing not a lot 

Guest Cowboy Junky

so true about elway being the best denver qb ever

peyton's a good statistical qb. puts up a lot of numbers and has been the leader of a lot of good football teams. he's a bit too "in his head" for my liking. not reactionary enough to overcome confusion. hasn't played his best games when it matters.

i have nothing against the guy. he seems like a good dude but i question how many knowledgeable football fans would have them on their "all-time in-their-prime" teams. i'm guessing not a lot 

Elway was a Superbowl joke until they built a defense that could play well enough for the offense to win the Superbowl. In fact, Elway had more blow out Superbowl losses than Peyton does. The difference was the way he ended his career with two Superbowl victories.

I see similarities with the current Denver team. Tonight their defense looked pretty dominant. With the Seahawks sitting third in their own division, I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos win the Superbowl this year, as long as they stay healthy.

Peyton still has a chance to finish strong and win another Superbowl, maybe a couple more. The book isn't closed on him. In fact, he's going for another record this year: most consecutive games with a touchdown pass.

Elway was a Superbowl joke until they built a defense that could play well enough for the offense to win the Superbowl. In fact, Elway had more blow out Superbowl losses than Peyton does. The difference was the way he ended his career with two Superbowl victories.

I see similarities with the current Denver team. Tonight their defense looked pretty dominant. With the Seahawks sitting third in their own division, I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos win the Superbowl this year, as long as they stay healthy.

Peyton still has a chance to finish strong and win another Superbowl, maybe a couple more. The book isn't closed on him. In fact, he's going for another record this year: most consecutive games with a touchdown pass.

Lotta football to be played.  Denver was missing six defensive starters and several on offense last Super Bowl.  hopefully everyone can stay healthy.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Elway The Denver Broncos were a Superbowl joke until they built a defense that could play well enough for the offense to win the Superbowl. In fact, Elway had more blow out Superbowl losses than Peyton does. The difference was the way he ended his career with two Superbowl victories.

Most fans know the 3 teams Elway brought to his first 3 SB's had no damn business being there. Broncos offensive line, rb's, receivers and defense were all very pedestrian most of those years.  Not to mention that 2 of the teams the Broncos lost to in SB's - Niners and Giants were 2 very good teams that beat everyone else those years as well.