Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Rank em

CSU

BSU

UNR

USU

Fresno

SDSU

SJSU

AFA

UNLV

Hawaii

Wyo

UNM

You are being too hard on your cowgirls.  I'd put y'all under the USAFA & above UNR-southern campus with a BIG drop-off between y'all & the USAFA.  Other wise I think you on point.

GO STATE....Beat wyo & Retain El Boot!!!

1a - The Colo State Univ

1b - boise jc

=======

3 - Ute State

4 - UNR

=======

5 - Fresno St

6 - CSUSD

7 - CSUSJ

8 - USAFA

=======

9 - wyo

10- UNR-south campus

11 - Hawai'i

12 - New Mex

Don't ask me why I listed my Rammies as "The Colo State Univ." I find it extremely annoying when ohio State does that.

GO STATE...Beat wyo & Retain El Boot!!!

CSU

BSU

USU

AFA

West division

WYO

UNM

PERFECT!!!  I LOVE the way you ranked the West Div.  I'm upset I didn't come up with it 1st!  WELL DONE!!!

It is what it is, and it changes week to week ... at the end of the regular season, it's the only "Rank 'Em" that matters right?

#1 - RE:  "It changes wk-to-wk:"  That's why we do it each wk.

#2 - It isn't "...the end of the regular season..." yet, hence why we do this.

#3 - If you don't like it...simply move along.  Why whine about it?  FYI...It's not flattering.

#4 - You have an AMAZING COMAND of the OBVIOUS!!!

1a - The Colo State Univ

1b - boise jc

=======

3 - Ute State

4 - UNR

=======

5 - Fresno St

6 - CSUSD

7 - CSUSJ

8 - USAFA

=======

9 - wyo

10- UNR-south campus

11 - Hawai'i

12 - New Mex

Don't ask me why I listed my Rammies as "The Colo State Univ." I find it extremely annoying when ohio State does that.

Ah that's cute, you took time out from brushing your tooth to make a list. Good job!

BSU-- but only because they beat CSU.

CSU--  The win over USU is big.

Nevada--  Fajardo has been very healthy this season.

SDSU-- Now that Kaehler is back, they are a better balanced team.

USU--  Really, otherwise, the best team but they are decimated at QB.

SJSU-- Dominating statistics but can't close in the Red Zone.

AFA-- Doing better than expected.

Fresno--  Will the real Fresno team show itself?

Wyoming-- Seems to be on a decline.

Hawai'i--  Much improved and may be better than this.

UNM--  Shows signs of life.

UNLV--  The win over Fresno was a highlight of the year.

Based on the team's performances overall; considering Home vs Away; their remaining schedules; and even factoring in some would of/could of/should of's; this is what I think. And it's no better or worse than anyone else's:

1. Boise State

2. Colorado State

3. San Diego

4. Utah State

5. Air Force

6. Nevada

7. San Jose

8. Fresno

9. Wyoming

10. Hawaii

11. UNLV

12. New Mexico

Rationality:

1. BSU: Other than a bad day at Air Force, they COULD be standing much higher. And with their remaining schedule having HOME GAMES against BYU, SDSU, and Utah State; and their away games at Wyoming and New Mexico; I think they have the potential to win out and be: 10-2 overall and 7-1 in conference

2. CSU: They have the best overall record. They have a very favorable home schedule left against Wyoming, Hawaii, and New Mexico. But their away schedule against SJSU and Air Force could be tough

3. SDSU: Very decent record in and out of conference. But their wins are against Northern Arizona, UNLV, Hawaii, and and New Mexico. Nothing really significant. Their home games remaining favor them against Idaho. I don't think Air Force and San Jose will be gimmies because it's home. And they have an away game in Boise. Could be a tough finish for SDSU.

4. Utah State: Better team than their record shows.They've had some very decisive wins. Also; with 6 games left, they probably have one of the easiest remaining schedules to play. With the exception of Boise State, in Boise, their other away games are against Wyoming and Hawaii. They couldn't ask for better away games. Home is against UNLV, New Mexico, and San Jose. They are in a great position to be 6-2 conference and 8-4 overall.

5. Air Force: The wild card. Coming off of a 2-10 season. Expected to finish last in the conference. As always, the cadets never quit. Some very impressive wins, but they've also had a significant loss to Utah State. Like Boise, they could/should/would have had the Wyoming game. But that only makes it neutral if Boise could/should/would have beat Air force. Air Force has a buy week to help with injuries. Plays an emotional Army for the trophy. Then has away games at UNLV and SDSU with home games against Nevada and CSU. Their home advantage has been perfect. I see the possibility of air force winiing army and possibly splitting the remaining. 8-4 overall; 4-4 division

6. Nevada: Similar to Utah State, I think their team is much better than their record states. They have the advantage of 2 of 3 away games being in their favor. But their remaining 2 home games could be tough. I think they'll finish similar to air force. 4-4 conference, but 7-5 overall,

Bottom 6:

San Jose and Fresno both can be spoilers. They've got some pretty tough games left. San jose has most of their games on the road. Their homes games include a tough Colorado State. Fresno has a favorable home schedule left and a tough Nevada away game. I think both these team will be squeaking close to a 6-6 overall record. Possibly 5-7. Difficult to say. They are definitely "SPOILER TEAMS".

Wyoming and Hawaii: Like so many times in the past, Wyoming starts off well and then goes down hill fast and hard. In all fairness to Wyoming, they probably had one of the most difficult seasons of any MWC in a very long time. And their biggest problem is: they have 5 really tough games left. Away games at CSU, UNM, and Fresno. All 3 teams are hungry. Their HOME games are even worse; against Utah State and Boise. I think Wyoming is in trouble. Maybe 2 more wins. Possibly only 1. They probably end up 5-7 or 4-8. Hawaii is in a similar boat. They have 6 games left; half home and half on the road. I think they might pull of 2 of the games. Like wyoming, I think they will just miss out on being bowl eligible. Probably 5-7 or 4-8.

UNLV and New Mexico: These are 2 of the most dangerous teams left on anyone's schedule. They may not become bowl eligible, but they definitely have the potential to stop others from being bowl eligible. Except against a ranked arizona state, the Lobos have play every team close. Pretty much within 10 points. If UNLV, Boise, CSU, Wyoming, or Utah State takes the Lobos lightly, they could be in for a major upset. I think UNLV has a similar potential. I think they can win 2 of their remaining games, but the 4 that they "SHOULD" lose, they could totally upset if they are taken lightly. I see both teams potentially with a 4-8 season.

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

You're in the wrong thread... I think you meant to put this in the weekly "Post the current standings" thread.

first ... the conference standings breakdown by division, there is not an overall rankings tab on the ESPN page or the theMWC.com page so there is some conjecture to my rankings.

second ... half-way through conference play for some teams -- their current record has as much to do with ranking as perception

to my knowledge, using current records as a tool to "rank 'em" is as valid as any other metric including "gut feelings" and "head-to-head results"

Oddly, how much different is the ranking I compiled based on conference record then those ranking by the eye test?

BSU is still 1st and UNM is still last ...

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

We have the best defense in the conference without two of our best players, who both may be back for Nevada. Our noodle arm QB is getting a week off to rest his shoulder for Nevada and will probably be getting his best weapon in the passing game back for Nevada.

Prepare thine anus MWC.

1. Boise St.

1. (T) Colorado St.

3. Nevada

3. (T) Utah St.

5. SDSU

6. SJSU (tempted to Tie SJSU with the Aztecs here, but I want to see fewer Spartan offensive mistakes in the RZ before I'd do so)

7. AFA

8. Fresno St.

9. Hawaii

9. (T) Wyoming

11.  UNLV

12. UNM

We have the best defense in the conference without two of our best players, who both may be back for Nevada. Our noodle arm QB is getting a week off to rest his shoulder for Nevada and will probably be getting his best weapon in the passing game back for Nevada.

Prepare thine anus MWC.

Best defense in the MWC?