Coastie

Sad news. This is coastie's son posting.

Hello, this is Troy again. I want to say how wonderful you've all been to me, my mom Terrie and my sister Beth. I showed them what you've all said and it's helped so much to know that there are such kind people in this world.

It's been suggested that I set up a paypal account for donations because some people would rather send money than flowers. I feel weird asking for money but you can send money on there by finding my email address which is chandlertroy@gmail.com and sending it as a "personal payment". Customer service said if you do it that way then there won't be any charges.

Again, thanks to all of you. I'm glad my dad got to know and talk to all of you.

5810035788_0136d8168b_b.jpg

Troy,

I am very sorry to hear this news. Coastie was a respected poster and even though we agreed on pretty much nothing I will miss him. Best wishes to your and your family in this difficult time.

One of the Final Five..........

RIP my fellow A.F. vet, you'll be missed by all you have touched in your life. You were pretty much my sanity check guy as I really paid attention you what you had to say. Best wishes go out to your family and friends in this time of sorrow.

A time like this makes me realize that there is a real life person with a real life behind the screen name. Many times behind this computer monitor and keyboard we say and type things that we wouldn't normally do or say to a person in a real life face-to-face situation. But not coastie, he seemed the type to be the same way both on and off the forum. What you got here from him is what you would probably get from him in his normal life.

You'll be missed here buddy...RIP.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

af-cadet_salute.gif

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Hello, this is Troy again. I want to say how wonderful you've all been to me, my mom Terrie and my sister Beth. I showed them what you've all said and it's helped so much to know that there are such kind people in this world.

It's been suggested that I set up a paypal account for donations because some people would rather send money than flowers. I feel weird asking for money but you can send money on there by finding my email address which is chandlertroy@gmail.com and sending it as a "personal payment". Customer service said if you do it that way then there won't be any charges.

Again, thanks to all of you. I'm glad my dad got to know and talk to all of you.

Great, I'll be sending some this weekend. You aren't asking for anything, we're offering, so don't worry about it.

Flowers are nice but I'm sure your Dad would rather you have some money either for you guys or to donate to a charity or whatever.

Again, our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. Tim will be missed around here...

I don't know of any problems with paypal. Again, the email you send it to is chandlertroy@gmail.com and select "personal" then "payment" so there's no fees.

I just showed this to my mom and she is amazed. She wants me to tell all of you thanks for everything you've said. We're talking to the chaplain from the prison he worked andf he's officiating the service and he and the superintendant of the prison are also arranging for the honor guard to come and do the 21 gun salute and have a coworker play taps. I really pushed for that since it seems like the best thing to do for my dad at the service.

5810035788_0136d8168b_b.jpg

I don't know of any problems with paypal. Again, the email you send it to is chandlertroy@gmail.com and select "personal" then "payment" so there's no fees.

I just showed this to my mom and she is amazed. She wants me to tell all of you thanks for everything you've said. We're talking to the chaplain from the prison he worked andf he's officiating the service and he and the superintendant of the prison are also arranging for the honor guard to come and do the 21 gun salute and have a coworker play taps. I really pushed for that since it seems like the best thing to do for my dad at the service.

Not sure what the issue was, could have been my work Internet. Anyway I ended up sending it via iPhone app and it says it went through.

Fantastic that you've been able to set up the service the way you wanted. Again, my sincere condolences to you and yours. This place just won't be the same without him.

Troy-

I am sorry for the loss of your father. If you haven't read the favorite posters thread do so. Your dad was consistently named among the favorite posters representing AF. Pretty impressive considering the caliber of people with whom he was competing.

While I am sure many will be at his services this weekend, you can be sure hundreds more are virtually there with you and your family both to honor the man and offer support to you and your family.

May Gods peace be with you all.

Wow this is sad news. One of the best on this board. Very sad to hear this. Like many of us, I just conversed with him in a thread a few days ago. RIP Coastie and all the best to your family and friends. I'll miss your wit and the in your face humor.