Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SinCity

New Home of MWC Tourney?

It appears the ground breaking will occur on the new MGM arena will happen next month and I would anticipate this will become the final home for the MWC tourney. Heres the link: 

http://www.reviewjournal.com/business/aeg-mgm-arena-project-break-ground-may-1

What'll be the cost difference?  I think T & M a blast already, if it costs us more money, I'd rather not.

What'll be the cost difference?  I think T & M a blast already, if it costs us more money, I'd rather not.

Neutral court aspect.

Plus....I think it would be kinda cool to have the tournament right on the strip.

Neutral court aspect.

Plus....I think it would be kinda cool to have the tournament right on the strip.

If the MGM plans on installing red seats then I don't see the big difference..or any difference for that matter.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Too expensive for MWC but Pac-12 will book it for long term and will build it in to #1 post season conference tourney in Vegas.

unlikely. arizona fans are the only pac12 fans that give any shits about basketball 

Please move the MWC tourney out of the Thomas and Mack !

Hair could care less about a neutral court.  All he cares about is not having to shell out more money so the T&M it is.  Now if we had a more progressive commissioner we could......, aw forget it.  The presidents love him.

The T&M is not close enough to the strip for you?

Actually where I stay is midway between The Strip and T&M, so it works

well for walking to either....which is what I prefer.

Just would be nice to experience the latest and greatest.

BTW....I have never been one to complain about any perceived

home court advantage at the T&M. (for the Rebels)

If the MGM plans on installing red seats then I don't see the big difference..or any difference for that matter.

Agreed.  The biggest advantage UNLV has in the tournament isn't the building.  Its having fans that don't have to travel. 

how about both the MWC and PAC-12 come to an agreement and both play their conference championship games at the new MGM arena on Saturday (different times).

Also all UNLV tourney games should be played at the new arena.  Other than that keep the other games at the smaller MGM venue and the T&M.

Nor do SDSU and UNM. It's become our second home.

we've become quite comfortable at the T&M as well :)