Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

More TV Times and networks Announced.

Yep, now we know Welty is the idiot we all thought he was for not leaving and agreeing to this deal.

In Fresno's case, as long as SDSU and SJSU stay good we will likely be okay. CBS will opt for AF and the larger population centers of San Diego and San Jose. Games against Nevada and Hawaii will have a shot. We will also be better with MAC teams coming in as CBS will ignore them and ESPN will pick them up.

We can also put to bed the belief here that Fresno was approached by the AAC.

Exactly. A merit based system is fine. This isn't that and won't ever be.

It is.  BSU earned the ESPN money and it looks like ESPN wants to put them on.  Seems pretty simple to me.

Posted Image

I'd have no problem with the uneven distribution if it was based strictly on merit as determined by TV ratings and wins and losses within the conference. However, it really isn't. However much some Aztecs might hate Boise because of what they're guaranteed, Boise at least garners decent ratings and has had one of the best teams in the conference in the last few years. However, some of us are earning more than we deserve while others are getting the short end of the Craigy T.'s less than studly stick.

A merit system will never happen, unless TV networks start selecting who they're going to televise on merit.

lol, keep fighting the fight.

And keep thinking you are getting slighted in some way.  SDSU could have stayed in the AAC, gone indy, or negotiated a deal like BSU.  They were either to stupid to do it or ESPN did not want it.  The latter makes a lot more sense to me. 

Posted Image

And keep thinking you are getting slighted in some way.  SDSU could have stayed in the AAC, gone indy, or negotiated a deal like BSU.  They were either to stupid to do it or ESPN did not want it.  The latter makes a lot more sense to me.

Not to me. I mean, they agreed to this shitty deal, that shows a lot of where their head is at....

Im glad we are back in the MWC because of my own selfish reasons, but come on this TV deal is a joke.

There is no arguing that, boise fan or otherwise.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

For pennies and giving the illusion that they wanted Boise ESPN got filler MWC football and UNLV/UNM/SDSU basketball, lol...

Is your black helicopter chromed out like this one?

UH-60-Black-Hawk-helicopter-109.preview.

Posted Image

Is your black helicopter chromed out like this one?

UH-60-Black-Hawk-helicopter-109.preview.

lol, no, clearly they wanted six Boise games and not the 40 something basketball games and dozen or so football games they got with them.

lol, no, clearly they wanted six Boise games and not the 40 something basketball games and dozen or so football games they got with them.

ESPN has 40 something basketball games showing?

Posted Image

So does that means if the Fresno Hawaii game is part of the PPV package (likely every year) then it is not available to ESPN as a bonus game?

If true that sucks since it reduces our chance for a bonus.

No, because the MWC and its broadcast partners pick their games first. I'm not sure what happens if they want more than 5-6 and Oceanic is left with fewer than 7. In that case UH would probably take a pay cut from Oceanic and UH would ask the MWC to make up the difference.

"This is possibly the biggest television package for Mountain West basketball in the leagues history, so it is good to see an emerging power league get some much needed respect."

How much was the previous basketball contract worth?  I mean if this is the "biggest televison package for Mountain West Basketball in the leagus history"

Posted Image

"This is possibly the biggest television package for Mountain West basketball in the leagues history, so it is good to see an emerging power league get some much needed respect."

How much was the previous basketball contract worth?  I mean if this is the "biggest televison package for Mountain West Basketball in the leagus history"

He said "Could be..." and he was talking about number of games on TV, and he was wrong.

He said "Could be..." and he was talking about number of games on TV, and he was wrong.

So how much was MWC basketball making before this contract?  I don't seem to remember it making jack chit.

Posted Image