Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

More TV Times and networks Announced.

Guest Cowboy Junky

ESPN and CBS can still trade games and/or purchase ones from each other, no? So there are probably a few CBSSN games that ESPN might pickup before the season starts.

And any games not scheduled for t.v. can be picked up later in the year. So, if you're in contention, there's a good chance you'll end up having a game picked up.

ESPN and CBS can still trade games and/or purchase ones from each other, no? So there are probably a few CBSSN games that ESPN might pickup before the season starts.

It's possible.  I know they traded the CSU Nevada game last year.  It's probably not likely though.  

It's possible.  I know they traded the CSU Nevada game last year.  It's probably not likely though.  

Do you know when that happened?  I think the Boise at Fresno game was part of a trade...but that was also a game that was announced as part of the national package early on.    

Guest Cowboy Junky

For bonus money you either want ESPN networks or no network at all(allowing ESPN to pick up the games later on). The only guarantee that you won't make bonus money for that weekend is CBSSN.

Guest Cowboy Junky

You're thinking short term...

I'm thinking about getting another 1 million dollar or more check(in bonus money) mailed to the UW athletics program. The million dollars we got last year in bonus money is building Larry Nance's new locker.

I'm thinking about getting another 1 million dollar or more check(in bonus money) mailed to the UW athletics program.

And what if you only get 2 bonus games(out of 5 potentials) and then end up with only half your games on national TV? You might get a mil if both those games are on a saturday. But for half the season recruits cant watch your team.

Do you know when that happened?  I think the Boise at Fresno game was part of a trade...but that was also a game that was announced as part of the national package early on.    

It was mid season I think.  

Guest Cowboy Junky

And what if you only get 2 bonus games(out of 5 potentials) and then end up with only half your games on national TV? You might get a mil if both those games are on a saturday. But for half the season recruits cant watch your team.

Did Root Sports suddenly close shop? Wyoming was on t.v. a lot last year and will be again this year. We have five games scheduled for ESPN without Root announcing their t.v. schedule.

We're go on the road to Oregon and Michigan State. Both of those will be on t.v. Our games against CSU and UNM will be picked up by Root. UW at Hawaii will likely end up on t.v.

The only games we play that probably wont be on t.v. are at home vs. Montana(this might end up on Root) and on the road at Florida Atlantic.

To me, ten or eleven games on t.v., with five scheduled for ESPN networks is pretty good exposure.

Did Root Sports suddenly close shop? Wyoming was on t.v. a lot last year and will be again this year. We have five games scheduled for ESPN without Root announcing their t.v. schedule.

Is Root national, thought it was regional? Pretty sure we dont get that in Southern Calirfornia...Hey but if most of your players are coming from the rocky mountains no biggie right?

Is Root national, thought it was regional? Pretty sure we dont get that in Southern Calirfornia...Hey but if most of your players are coming from the rocky mountains no biggie right?

Yes, we do. I have to pay extra for the sports package though.

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Yes, we do. I have to pay extra for the sports package though.

Who's your carrier? I have Cox and have the expanded sports package but dont get root. I had to watch all root events on theMW website this last year.

We're go on the road to Oregon and Michigan State. Both of those will be on t.v. Our games against CSU and UNM will be picked up by Root. UW at Hawaii will likely end up on t.v.

The only games we play that probably wont be on t.v. are at home vs. Montana(this might end up on Root) and on the road at Florida Atlantic.

To me, ten or eleven games on t.v., with five scheduled for ESPN networks is pretty good exposure.

Root is regional and per the article, they will get to choose their games and I guess whatever is left over will be on The MW Digital Network.

Guest Cowboy Junky

ESPN networks five times, plus whomever picks up Oregon and Michigan State, plus three on Root, and one on Hawaii Network is pretty good exposure.

Root isn't a national network, but it's available everywhere in the country to people with Sports Packs. My brother gets Root in Washington state. Even if you have basic cable, you can go to a sports bar and watch Root no matter where you live.

CBS is decent for exposure, but it's the ONLY guarantee that you aren't getting bonus money from that game.

Who's your carrier? I have Cox and have the expanded sports package but dont get root. I had to watch all root events on theMW website this last year.

Dish.

It might only be Dish/DTV. The parents have TWC and they don't get the channel.

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

ESPN networks five times, plus whomever picks up Oregon and Michigan State, plus three on Root, and one on Hawaii Network is pretty good exposure.

Root isn't a national network, but it's available everywhere in the country to people with Sports Packs. My brother gets Root in Washington state.

We have a game at Oregon St and I figure that will end up on the PAC 12 network unfortunately, don't be surprised if that happens to your Oregon game(unless you are at home). I'm not saying being selected for ESPN is bad at all. I am just saying it would probably be better if your other games were on CBSSN as opposed to Root.

I think there's a decent chance 3 out of the 4 ESPN selected end up on ESPNU-  Probably another year of no bonus money but at least we'll be on TV and not the online feed.

you're right, i completely spaced about espnu and just assumed they'd all be on espn3