Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TrueAg

MWC Friday Night Televised Games

Guest #1Stunner

Looks like most of the premier MWC matchup games will be on Friday Nights.  Not bad for exposure.  Only bad thing about Friday nights is that high school kids play games at the same time, and won't be watching.

I really hate Friday night college football games. I don't watch them for a number of reasons, one of which is High School football. Gotta help support the high school games.

It also means that I wouldn't have been buying season tickets because that 1/3 of the games that I would miss plus I normally miss one Saturday day game which this year is a different weekend than the Friday night game. So therefore I can't get to half the home season.

Horrible decision IMO.

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

Looks like most of the premier MWC matchup games will be on Friday Nights.  Not bad for exposure.  Only bad thing about Friday nights is that high school kids play games at the same time, and won't be watching.

Thankfully ESPN replays games til early Saturday morning. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

Only Hawaii not on a Friday. Nine games including a West team and 10 including a Mountain.

Only the 'Dogs and Tecs have more than 2

Pretty evenly distributed.

I am just glad it only effects one FS home game, and none of the 3 we will be travelling to this season. I am already feeling a cold coming on for Oct 3rd. Can't miss that tailgate.

As I wrote in the "ESPN Games" thread...looks like CSU, SDSU, AFA and UNLV all getting hosed with zero weekday (Friday night) national broadcast payouts as presently scheduled.

Yeah, Suds can't be happy. 3 Friday games all on CBSSN. At least the 'dogs will get 600k out of their Fridays.

Yeah, Suds can't be happy. 3 Friday games all on CBSSN. At least the 'dogs will get 600k out of their Fridays.

Yeah..I'd be pissed...they do seem to be a CBSSN favorite...SDSU will probably make it up though with some ESPN/2 Saturdays....including a 500K day at Boise which is inevitable.             

My problem with Friday evening games is a selfish one. It makes it tougher to coordinate a tailgate as not everyone can get there. At least for the Wolf Pack we usually get wonderful weather for an evening game on 9/5 that's a heck of a lot better than a cold night game in November.

It's a side deal conspiracy I tell you!  (I'm just kidding...not at all a conspiracy theorist...but sometimes it makes you wonder)

Definitely interesting.  And proves that CBS isn't picking the most successful teams each year.

Is there a monetary bonus being a home game on ESPN?

UNM has Fresno on ESPN or ESPN II

SDSU on ESPNU

Do we get a bonus for both or only the Fresno game?

Do they even give bonuses anymore...

And Friday night football games absolutely suck! I realize we are selling our souls to ESPN but it screws up tailgating, screws up fans coming to the game, screws up Friday night High School games... It basically just sucks...

trm101.jpg?t=1279010041

It's a side deal conspiracy I tell you!  (I'm just kidding...not at all a conspiracy theorist...but sometimes it makes you wonder)

It's because CBS get's first pick...excluding boise

Well see what Saturday games are going to be shown.  I think this may give the MW better exposure than Thurs or other weekday games.  I wonder since the AAC new deal with ESPN that kicks in this year is an effect of this many ESPN games.