Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Khem Birch

I don't think birch will be a first rounder next year with some of the talent coming back. That being said I'm guessing he's taking so long cause he hasn't liked feedback from nba and is probably leaning towards staying. Hoping he stays, need at least 2 top 25 teams in league next year.

he absolutely has a shot to play his way into the first round; he just needs to work on his offensive game some more.  if he has no shot in making it to the first round he is better off to leave now and start playing pro ball somewhere to get paid now.

i have no inside info but i believe he comes back.

he absolutely has a shot to play his way into the first round; he just needs to work on his offensive game some more. if he has no shot in making it to the first round he is better off to leave now and start playing pro ball somewhere to get paid now.

I actually think its his lower body strength is what is holding him back. Gets bullied around too easily, look at what happened to him vs any big with some meat on his bones.

Any rebelnet confidential 'insiders' have any news on Birch? Or are they waiting for twitter, LVRJ, or the MWC board to break the news first before they leak that inside info to their paying subscribers?

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

he absolutely has a shot to play his way into the first round; he just needs to work on his offensive game some more.  if he has no shot in making it to the first round he is better off to leave now and start playing pro ball somewhere to get paid now.

I mean he has a chance like about 50 other returnees do, but odds are stacked against him, Birch isn't going to score in post much in NBA with his size, he needs to show a mid range jumper more than anything. While next years draft class is by all accounts weaker their are more good centers in the draft with WCS and Kaminsky coming back.

Birch will be a beast next year.

Especially with a stud PG and legit outside threats.

His FT percentage shows he's capable of the jumper..It's about putting in the time in practice taking them under pressure.

I think he knows he needs to drain those short jumpers.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

What can Khem Birch gain with another season under inept coach?  He doesn't have the option to transfer like all the smart players did, go pro Khem.

You believe the entire staff is inept including Augmon and now Miller?

You understand that assistant are heavily involved on working and developing the players?

You believe the entire staff is inept including Augmon and now Miller?

You understand that assistant are heavily involved on working and developing the players?

birch has improved greatly since coming to vegas and working with augmon (also a former rebel)...he himself admitted he really didn't even know what a drop step was before he got here. now if over the next year he works on developing a nice jumper, like bairstow did, then he'll improve his status in next year's draft.

birch has improved greatly since coming to vegas and working with augmon (also a former rebel)...he himself admitted he really didn't even know what a drop step was before he got here. now if over the next year he works on developing a nice jumper, like bairstow did, then he'll improve his status in next year's draft.

Agreed. There are a few here who won't admit that though.

Augmon is a great guy but he needs to work for better coach, don't know much about Miller, you better pray that he will be better fit than Schroyer.

I said this many times before, unless Rice find somebody like Grgurich (the odds of that are very slim) he will never succed here.

I actually thought Schroyer ended up being a great fit at UNLV.  They needed an x's and o's guy and he developed a lot of the calls during time outs.  He may be a lot harder to replace than you think.

He was defense only. If the wheels fall off without him, it just means Rice couldn't get it done. We will see.

Augmon is a great guy but he needs to work for better coach, don't know much about Miller, you better pray that he will be better fit than Schroyer.

I said this many times before, unless Rice find somebody like Grgurich (the odds of that are very slim) he will never succed here.

Augmon's going to do the same thing and have the same success whether he works for a better coach or not. He's not HC material. He will stay in his niche no matter where he goes, and he should. He is good at it.

Nobody can find another Grg. He is a one of a kind genius. If that is what you are looking for, good luck finding it.

I know the Rice Camp is waiting for the "magic recruiting class" next season and miracle on Maryland Pkwy. Would you be at last convinced if next season is a downer again?

I don't know who the +++++ you are babbling at, but if it is me, go back and read my last 20 posts or so and make sure you are wearing your glasses.

monkey_with_glasses.jpg