Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super six

The best addition so far?

Happens bro. Its all cyclical. You guys will land on your feet again. Just remember where you are now, because it makes you appreciate being on top even more. That's true fan status. Earning your stripes.

Well in 98 we went 0-12..... let's just say it humbled us. Then June Jones came in and saved the program. We were actually a competitive program again....we were happy....maybe a little cocky. Now we hit rock bottom.....it bites.

Fans are stopping to support the program....attendance is dropping......our program is self destructing. Definitely a terrible position to be in at this moment. Ugh

rp_primary_UH_Lower_Campus.jpg

University of Hawai'i Athletics

Crazy talk IMO. Hawaii hasn't done anything sustainable, ever, to join a P5 conference. In addition, the PAC isn't holding auditions. Nothing against Hawaii, but I just don't see how they're ever in line for a PAC invite.

The athletics side has a ways to go....but UH continues to upgrade on the academic side with its new Cancer Center recently opening and many other upgrades upcoming. I say we might not be attractive now....but if we continue to make strides on both fronts....we have a decent chance like everyone else.

rp_primary_UH_Lower_Campus.jpg

University of Hawai'i Athletics

You're getting grapes mixed up with almonds.  It happens.

We have plenty of grapes around here, just not the kind you really want to use in wine unless you like the kind that comes in a jug.  Although they are doing some nice wines just across the river in Madera County.  

There aren't a lot of things that I believe are 100%. However, with Chow, I was sure it wouldn't work from the beginning. Too old, doesn't do things he must to win, poor coaching, etc. Ever since he was running the O at UCLA, he started getting hyped as a future coach. But no one pulled the trigger. Then to Utah being a disappointment....still no one offers him a HC.

Some guys are coordinators, and that's it. I don't even think Chow is a really good OC to begin with. He's old, he's tired, he needs to pass the reigns.

I think that he could build a solid run-first offense there.  When I picture those Hawaiian big boys, I see run blockers.  Give the guy a chance, he's trying to go from a run-n-gun to a ground and pound, one had to expect growing pains during the transition.

I hate to admit it because I wanted them to rejoin us, but keeping SDSU in the MW was the best thing that could have happened because if not for them, the MW would have been a one-bid league with its champion a one and done.  

I think the BWC may or not may have been 2 big league had SDSU not came back. UCI would match up well with SDSU.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

Fresno should have been brought in after the airport meeting. We should have never left them behind. BSU should have been brought in when TCU came into the conference. SJSU and Utah St should have never been brought in. UTEP would have been better than either  SJSU or Choo Choo St.

Fresno should have been brought in after the airport meeting. We should have never left them behind. BSU should have been brought in when TCU came into the conference. SJSU and Utah St should have never been brought in. UTEP would have been better than either  SJSU or Choo Choo St.

Try having a competitive football game against us before purveying this trash.  Football drives the bus, and you guys don't even have a team....and our worst basketball team in years competed just fine down there in your beloved pit.  We'd drag UTEP all over the field in every sport.  Add to that the fact that UTEP is rated amongst Big Sky colleges academically, and we have a formula that equates exactly to your stupidity.

Try having a competitive football game against us before purveying this trash.  Football drives the bus, and you guys don't even have a team....and our worst basketball team in years competed just fine down there in your beloved pit.  We'd drag UTEP all over the field in every sport.  Add to that the fact that UTEP is rated amongst Big Sky colleges academically, and we have a formula that equates exactly to your stupidity.

Did you win in the "beloved pit"? We just had the worst football coach in history set us back 5 years. Davie is slowly bringing us back. I don't mind USU in the conference, you guys have a good football team and you can say you had one of the worst b-ball teams and years but you actually joined a better b-ball conference.

We have plenty of grapes around here, just not the kind you really want to use in wine unless you like the kind that comes in a jug.  Although they are doing some nice wines just across the river in Madera County.  

Yep, grapes are Fresno county's #1 agricultural item, followed by almonds.  But not wine grapes as you point out.  

Are they processed mainly into grape juice, jellies and also dried for raisins, then? 

This.

It wouldn't have prevented BYU and Utah leaving but I think MWC was a little to cautious when they formed and when they expanded by only 1. 

SJSU, Utah St, UTEP and NMSU are all about the same really. Any combo would have resulted in the same contract MWC has today. SJSU and Utah St simply hit the lotto in a way thanks to BSU and SDSU attempting to sacrifice their athletic dept. chasing BCS $$ on the East coast of all places. 

roflbot.jpg

Until proven otherwise, BSU right now due to the fact they brought ESPN back to the MW.

You and I have different definitions of the word fact.

Lulz at the unm fans bleating about USU's add.

Re: USU hoops: yall suck. Terrible add. Couldn't beat us, we are awesome.

Re: unm football: we are in a rebuilding year(s)! Just give us time, you'll see! Can't judge us on the craptitude (means aptitude for crappiness) b/c Locksley was a dingleberry with a fairly attractive wife!

Dudes... Either USU hoops gets time before being labeled as garbage and thus we are not a bad add or unm's football is garbage and USU was a terrible add because the only criteria is being terrible in the lesser ($ wise) of the two sports.

Get it together, Lobo fans. You're making my Lobo PhD having bestie look bad.

Yep, grapes are Fresno county's #1 agricultural item, followed by almonds. But not wine grapes as you point out.

Are they processed mainly into grape juice, jellies and also dried for raisins, then?

I don't know much about farming but that would make sense.

I know our Enology department is pretty well known. That's probably where our Boise friend got that idea. We grow some wine grapes on campus and I believe Madera is growing some decent ones too...but nothing to the extend of Napa, Sonoma, and Paso. But, I did have a lot of classmates who came from those areas to study in Fresno.

If you are a wine drinker I'd suggest watching the movie Bottle Shock. Pretty good movie. One of the guys in the movie ends up at Fresno State.

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Yep, grapes are Fresno county's #1 agricultural item, followed by almonds.  But not wine grapes as you point out.  

Are they processed mainly into grape juice, jellies and also dried for raisins, then? 

Mostly raisin and table grapes.  Most juice and jelly comes from Concords that don't grow here.  

I don't know much about farming but that would make sense.

I know our Enology department is pretty well known. That's probably where our Boise friend got that idea. We grow some wine grapes on campus and I believe Madera is growing some decent ones too...but nothing to the extend of Napa, Sonoma, and Paso. But, I did have a lot of classmates who came from those areas to study in Fresno.

If you are a wine drinker I'd suggest watching the movie Bottle Shock. Pretty good movie. One of the guys in the movie ends up at Fresno State.

Mainly table grapes and raisins.  Some juicing of the ugly ones.

I would have rather taken Idaho over you clowns. Two words "The Project". That chit alone should have blacklisted Choo Choo St from ever getting into the MWC. UTEP has a long history with the original members of this conference. USU has no history.

Being BYU's pissed off skinny little brother is about all USU has going for it. My hatred for Choo Choo runs damn near as deep as my hatred for BYU. The thing is I would be happy to have BYU back in the MWC, their arrogant azzclown act works for them. Not so much for USU.

I would have rather taken Idaho over you clowns. Two words "The Project". That chit alone should have blacklisted Choo Choo St from ever getting into the MWC. UTEP has a long history with the original members of this conference. USU has no history.

Being BYU's pissed off skinny little brother is about all USU has going for it. My hatred for Choo Choo runs damn near as deep as my hatred for BYU. The thing is I would be happy to have BYU back in the MWC, their arrogant azzclown act works for them. Not so much for USU.

As for UTEP.  There was an interview posted here a few years ago with the president of UNM, in which he stated that "UTEP would add nothing to this conference".  He did go on about the UNM/UTEP history and rivalry and that he thought it was important, but he was dead set against adding UTEP.  I agreed with him then and I do now.  They're great to have on the schedule, but they do add nothing to the MWC.

As for UTEP.  There was an interview posted here a few years ago with the president of UNM, in which he stated that "UTEP would add nothing to this conference".  He did go on about the UNM/UTEP history and rivalry and that he thought it was important, but he was dead set against adding UTEP.  I agreed with him then and I do now.  They're great to have on the schedule, but they do add nothing to the MWC.

I agree that UTEP adds nothing, but they are the same as USU and SJSU. At least SJSU has some history with the original members, USU has squat. At least UTEP would add a natural rival for the Lobos. Hell I would take Northern Arizona over USU.