Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vallivue19

Where are all the Wyoming fans

After BYU wins at home, the Wyoming fans come out of the woodwork to say how much they hate BYU because they are the favorite team of the conference. (What I really love is the UW fans complain about that even when it isn't UW BYU just beat.) They defend this statement because BYU gets less fouls called against them. I didn't get to watch the game last night, so I hope that someone else can explain to me what happened last night. 26-16. That was the final foul count. But what really made me raise my eyebrows was 30-6. That is the FTs attempted number. Is it just me, or is that extremely lopsided? If they shoot the same # of FTs and BYU stays at 50%, they win by 6. Like I said, I am not claiming that the refs were biased because I didn't see the game. But, the evidence is there.

The difference is that SDSU scores in the paint and BYU scores on the perimeter. If you go almost exclusively inside, you're going to get fouled. That's what the Aztecs do. BYU scores from treyville, a place that you're not going to get fouled as often. Case closed.

Superman watching BYU's 12th man in action.

After BYU wins at home, the Wyoming fans come out of the woodwork to say how much they hate BYU because they are the favorite team of the conference. (What I really love is the UW fans complain about that even when it isn't UW BYU just beat.) They defend this statement because BYU gets less fouls called against them. I didn't get to watch the game last night, so I hope that someone else can explain to me what happened last night. 26-16. That was the final foul count. But what really made me raise my eyebrows was 30-6. That is the FTs attempted number. Is it just me, or is that extremely lopsided? If they shoot the same # of FTs and BYU stays at 50%, they win by 6. Like I said, I am not claiming that the refs were biased because I didn't see the game. But, the evidence is there.

Here we go again. The refs suck and favor the home team. Blah blah blah....

Here we go again. The refs suck and favor the home team. Blah blah blah....

My main point wasn't the refs sucking. My main point is that a lot of fans (especially Wyoming fans) attribute the home dominance of BYU to the refs. I was only pointing out that no one else blames their away losses on the refs unless they play at BYU. I didn't see the game, as explained earlier. I am only going off of stats such as Plaisted going 2-10, Collingsworth going 1-7, etc. But I also see where Cummard fouled out, where as Wade picked up only 3 fouls. I know that 2 were late in the game on Wade. Cummard has fouled out before, but after 27 games, he averages less than 3 fouls per game. Does he just play defense that much more intense than Wade? I doubt that, since there have been many SDSU fans saying Wade should be the MWC POTY mainly due to his defense. Good defensive players usually foul more than those that play lazy defense since there is usually more contact. Cummard kept BYU in that game, and I just find it kind of convenient that he fouled out.

That being said, the horrible games by Trent and Collingsworth contributed more to the loss than the officials. Wade having a career game didn't help much either.

How about just Cowboy Junky adn maybe one or two others, address your post to the one who does this and not lump us all together huh.. This is like saying XX--97 speaks for all BYU fans. or rebel Robert speaks for all UNLV fans

Geez

Guest Cowboy Junky

How about just Cowboy Junky adn maybe one or two others, address your post to the one who does this and not lump us all together huh.. This is like saying XX--97 speaks for all BYU fans. or rebel Robert speaks for all UNLV fans

Geez

I don't even believe most of the crap I type. I just like making the BYU fan base squirm.

My main point wasn't the refs sucking. My main point is that a lot of fans (especially Wyoming fans) attribute the home dominance of BYU to the refs. I was only pointing out that no one else blames their away losses on the refs unless they play at BYU. I didn't see the game, as explained earlier. I am only going off of stats such as Plaisted going 2-10, Collingsworth going 1-7, etc. But I also see where Cummard fouled out, where as Wade picked up only 3 fouls. I know that 2 were late in the game on Wade. Cummard has fouled out before, but after 27 games, he averages less than 3 fouls per game. Does he just play defense that much more intense than Wade? I doubt that, since there have been many SDSU fans saying Wade should be the MWC POTY mainly due to his defense. Good defensive players usually foul more than those that play lazy defense since there is usually more contact. Cummard kept BYU in that game, and I just find it kind of convenient that he fouled out.

That being said, the horrible games by Trent and Collingsworth contributed more to the loss than the officials. Wade having a career game didn't help much either.

Chill, vallivue19. Picked on Wyoming fans for this nonsense is low, IMO. The refs have done their best (maybe it wasn't enough for everyones in many cases), but they're human too. Let's enjoying the games and less complaining. Good luck to the Cougars and the others.

I don't remember you complaining about the foul disparity in favor of the coogies agains the Utes?? Like you say, "the evidence is there".

MWC Champions 1999, 2003, 2004, 2008

Fiesta Bowl Champions 2005

Sugar Bowl Champions 2009

But what really made me raise my eyebrows was 30-6. That is the FTs attempted number. Is it just me, or is that extremely lopsided? If they shoot the same # of FTs and BYU stays at 50%, they win by 6. Like I said, I am not claiming that the refs were biased because I didn't see the game. But, the evidence is there.

Did you see the boxscore from our first game in Provo? We only got 12 free throws and Wade shot 11 of them. Explain that one. Combine that with the flagrant non-calls at the end of the game and your streak was over. I haven't dropped my eyebrows since.

Guest ragtimeJOE

For all of those that have been analyzing this stuff...what percentage of the time does the team that is lowest in the number of calls lose the game? Not saying anything..just curious.

Geez

Very good point. My bad. Sorry to clump everyone together.

If you stand around at the 3 point line and shoot 3's all night, you aren't going to get many free throws.

On the other hand, Coach Fisher had the guys dropping bounce passes down low all night long as Zo Wade, Ryan Amoros, and Billy White had their way in the low post against BYU defenders.

We took it to you guys and you guys settled for jumpers.