Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aztec Cannon

Good Day for Aztec Baseball and Softball...

Last nights match up of Strausburg (sp) from SDSU and the #1 from USD was one of the best pitching match ups of the weekend and SDSU performed well. The Aztecs should win a lot of Friday games with Steven in the mound.

Baseball America predicted the MWC as a two bid conference this year with TCU and SDSU both making the field.

LR5h5.St.58.jpg

Last nights match up of Strausburg (sp) from SDSU and the #1 from USD was one of the best pitching match ups of the weekend and SDSU performed well. The Aztecs should win a lot of Friday games with Steven in the mound.

Baseball America predicted the MWC as a two bid conference this year with TCU and SDSU both making the field.

Really? That's the first time I've heard that the Aztecs are picked to head to a regional. Of course I hope you're right. You've proven yourself to be much more knowledgeable about baseball, especially college baseball, so I'll take your word for it.

It's only one game, and only the first game of a 4 games series (the teams play a double header today, the first starting at USD as I type this), with last night's game at SDSU, a split day/night double header today with the first game at USD and the nightcap back at TG Stadium, and wrap it up tomorrow back at USD. We'll know a lot more about where this team stands after the weekend's over, but it's a great start!

I'm hoping we can give TCU a run for their money once conference play starts. Both teams will have to do well OOC to really earn an at-large bid. That should be the goal, and not rely on winning the conference tourney. Hopefully T. Gwynn will finally be able to put it all together and we'll see this program begin to live up to its lofty expectations. Theres no reason we shouldn't be a powerhouse in baseball, given our location in one of the nation's premier baseball hotbeds. There are just so many great baseball players historically coming out of SD County. Kudos to USD and the program they've built, but for them to be upstaging the Aztecs like they are is really an embarrassment, especially when you consider the facilities each school has to work with. Ours are second to none!

"Once an Aztec, Always an Aztec"

CSU Fresno: Accepting SDSU's sloppy seconds since 1911.

Yeah BA had that in their college baseball preview issue. IMO SDSU has the talent to play in the regionals, coaching will remain the question.

TCU beat Fullerton 4-2 today in the 2nd game of our series, tommorow would be huge for TCU if they managed to win. But I predicted 1 of 3 for the frogs.

LR5h5.St.58.jpg