Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reb Baron

MWC Basketball Games

Who Wins?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. UNM @ Utah

• Lobos
    • Runnin' Utes
  2. 2. UNLV @ Wyoming

• Runnin' Rebels
    • Cowboys
  3. 3. BYU @ SDSU

• Cougars
    • Aztecs

Come on Natty, you and I both know the reffing is bad overall this year. And the calls have been inconsistent for both teams.

I also feel the same way as lobonfl, you can't ignore a stat like 19/7 FT attempts. Thats a huge gap.

Great defensive game so far.

Did you forget to look at the stats after the game? 24FT's for the skinny dogs... 28 FT's for the Utes.

I know, it looks pretty bad for the home team. Dang refs almost handed the Utes the game!!

MWC Champions 1999, 2003, 2004, 2008

Fiesta Bowl Champions 2005

Sugar Bowl Champions 2009

Did you forget to look at the stats after the game? 24FT's for the skinny dogs... 28 FT's for the Utes.

I know, it looks pretty bad for the home team. Dang refs almost handed the Utes the game!!

C'mon, you're smarter than that. I'm not one complaining about the officiating, but that stat (28-24) means nothing. Utah was fouling intentionally for the last couple minutes. UNM gained about 10free throws during that period.

Well CSU lost 61-59 (I believe) on a ridiculous call by the referees yet again. Down by three, Nigon cuts left and the Air Force player horizontally in front of him. Nigon steps away and shoots the 3. Tie game right? Wrong. The refs call a foul ON THE FLOOR, apparently before he shot the three. The AF guy didn't even touch him. So, he makes the first free throw, misses the second on purpose. Josh Simmons gets the rebound and goes up for a shot. AF players are all over him, no call. There is absolutely no way that wasn't a foul.

Yes, I'm probably biased, and yes I'm pissed off, but really two ridiculous calls (well, one ridiculous non-call) in the last 10 seconds of the game. I swear to God, this entire world is against us winning a single freaking conference game. By the way, that's at least the fourth game I've been to where we've lost by 3 or less. ARG!

Well CSU lost 61-59 (I believe) on a ridiculous call by the referees yet again. Down by three, Nigon cuts left and the Air Force player horizontally in front of him. Nigon steps away and shoots the 3. Tie game right? Wrong. The refs call a foul ON THE FLOOR, apparently before he shot the three. The AF guy didn't even touch him. So, he makes the first free throw, misses the second on purpose. Josh Simmons gets the rebound and goes up for a shot. AF players are all over him, no call. There is absolutely no way that wasn't a foul.

Yes, I'm probably biased, and yes I'm pissed off, but really two ridiculous calls (well, one ridiculous non-call) in the last 10 seconds of the game. I swear to God, this entire world is against us winning a single freaking conference game. By the way, that's at least the fourth game I've been to where we've lost by 3 or less. ARG!

The worse thing about the officials is my biggest gripe...inconsistency. If you call a foul in the first minute, that same play is a foul in the last minute. Same with non-calls. But these officials will go for awhile and call nothing, allowing physical play, then start calling ticky tack fouls. Call the whole game the same and allow the teams to adjust to the officiating. But that's what they don't want. It seems these guys really do want to have an affect on the game...if the teams adjust, they will have no affect.

Air Force 61, Colorado St. 59

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) -- Anwar Johnson and Andrew Henke scored 14 points each as Air Force dealt Colorado State its 13th consecutive loss with a 61-59 victory Saturday night.

Johnson sealed the win with two free throws in the last 13 seconds for Air Force (14-12, 6-7 Mountain West), which also beat the Rams for the 12th consecutive time in the regular season. The Falcons last lost to them in the regular season on Jan. 18, 2003, 51-49.

Marcus Walker scored 18 points for Colorado State (6-20, 0-12). The Rams didn't make a 3-pointer in the second half after making 10 in the first half.

Air Force cut a 13-point first-half deficit to 41-39 with a 9-0 run capped by Johnson's layup with 13:56 left in the game.

Air Force took its first lead with 5:45 to play. Walker's jumper and free throw tied it at 57, but Henke made two free throws to give Air Force the lead, 59-57 with 2:23 left.

The Rams had a chance to tie or take the lead on their next two possessions, but Walker made 1-of-2 free throws and then turned the ball over.

Air Force gave the ball right back when Keith Maren missed the front end of a 1-and-1 opportunity, but Walker missed wildly with 12.7 seconds left. Johnson sealed the game with two free throws that made it 61-58.

Colorado State made 10-of-15, 3-pointers in the first half and led 35-27 at the break.

2me1q87.jpg

San Diego St. 69, BYU 65

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Lorrenzo Wade scored a career-high 28 points and San Diego State snapped Brigham Young's nine-game winning streak with a 69-65 victory Saturday night.

Wade carried San Diego State (18-9, 8-5 Mountain West) by scoring 15 of his points in the second half, including 10 of the Aztecs' first 12 points of the period. After BYU led nearly the entire second half, Wade put San Diego State ahead 60-59 with a short jumper at the 4:55 mark.

Lee Cummard gave BYU the lead back with a basket before freshman D.J. Gay hit a 3-pointer with 4:04 left to put San Diego State ahead to stay.

Cummard led the Cougars (21-6, 10-2) with 20 points, hitting 8-for-10 from the field, including 3-for-4 from 3-point range. Jonathan Tavernari added 12 points.

BYU made its first six shots of the second half, including four 3-pointers, to take a 46-39 lead nearly five minutes into the half. The Cougars, who were tied at 29-all at halftime, took the lead less than one minute into the second half and did not relinquish it until Wade's late basket.

Freshman Billy White finished with 15 points, eight rebounds and four blocked shots as the Aztecs overcame hitting just two of 12 3-point attempts and 17 of 30 free throws.

BYU, which went 10-for-20 from 3-point range, has lost four straight here since last winning in 2003.

2me1q87.jpg

Why the hell would I look at the stats after the game for a post I made concerning the first half.

Not too bright are you?!

P.S.

Did you notice alot of those FT's UNM shot were in the last minute when UNM was up?!

Let me guess your related Cupcake, where math and logic isn't a priority?!

LMFAO at uteman!!! Enjoy your loss, how "sweep" it is.