Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reb Baron

MWC Basketball Games

Who Wins?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. UNM @ Utah

• Lobos
    • Runnin' Utes
  2. 2. UNLV @ Wyoming

• Runnin' Rebels
    • Cowboys
  3. 3. BYU @ SDSU

• Cougars
    • Aztecs

New Mexico Lobos (22-6, 9-4 MWC) 72 <<<

Utah Runnin' Utes (15-10, 6-6 MWC) 71

Final

UNLV Runnin' Rebels (20-6, 9-3 MWC) 73 <<<

Wyoming Cowboys (10-16, 3-10 MWC) 65

Final

Air Force Falcons (14-12, 6-7 MWC) 61 <<<

Colorado State Rams (6-20, 0-12 MWC) 59

Final

Brigham Young Cougars (21-6, 10-2 MWC) 65

San Diego State Aztecs (18-9, 8-5 MWC) 69 <<<

Final

2me1q87.jpg

Gonna be some barnburners. My PIP will be going full blast with BYU-SDSU and Memphis-Tenessee going on.

Lobos haven't won at Huntsman since 1989, althought the past three games by these teams have been decided in OT. This is a huge game for UNM with BYU and UNLV coming into the Pit.

Utah leading the Lobos 38-35 due to the huge disparity at the free throw line. Looks like the Utes are getting the home cooking.

New Mexico: 5-7 ft's

Utah : 14-19 ft's

What a crybaby... I'm tired of all the MWC fans complaining about the officials this year.. Suck it up and quit crying... It might be bad but it's consistently bad.. Fans that focus on officiating only ruin the game...

Try covering Sean Green maybe to start with...

What a crybaby... I'm tired of all the MWC fans complaining about the officials this year.. Suck it up and quit crying... It might be bad but it's consistently bad.. Fans that focus on officiating only ruin the game...

Which was exactly my point, some of the Utah fans were complaining about the free throw disparity after the BYU game, it all evens out in the end, one game your team is on the short end of the stick and the other they benefit. I am sure the Lobos are probably going to get the foul calls in the Pit against BYU on Tuesday.

Try covering Sean Green maybe to start with...

Utes should learn how to count. Shoot a two down by three.

72-71

Sweep...

Your absolutely right, they are consistent, just as Utah experienced Wednesday. Nineteen free throws, in a half?

Anyway, nobody's afraid of the big bad wolf, right?

Hey, kittys, better bring some earplugs.

16303.jpg

Utes should learn how to count. Shoot a two down by three.

72-71

Sweep...

Yeah. Kind of a dumb play on Kepkay's part...

At least your homer predictions look a little better these days though.. Your insight during football was horrible.. Between you and Spanaballer, I'm not sure who wears thicker UNM glasses and shows up after wins? Even a broken watch is right twice a day.. The way you make it sound, UNM has dominated Utah.. I recall a few very close games in the PIt the last few years too.

Your first win in SLC in almost 20 years... Enjoy it.

Which was exactly my point, some of the Utah fans were complaining about the free throw disparity after the BYU game,

Actually, I haven't heard too much from Utah fans here about the disparity... Nothing like what we've seen from SDSU, UNM and Poke fans... I haven't said a word about it but have to filter through pages of tears regarding the topic..

Actually, I haven't heard too much from Utah fans here about the disparity... Nothing like what we've seen from SDSU, UNM and Poke fans... I haven't said a word about it but have to filter through pages of tears regarding the topic..

Hey, the only game SDSU folks complain about is the BYU game in Provo, and even the MWC office admitted that the refs screwed us on that one. Hard to call it whining when we get that kind of backing. <_<

I've made comments about officiating in games where we WON, so at least I'm consistent. The plain and simple fact is that the officiating in this conference overall is B-A-D!

"Once an Aztec, Always an Aztec"

CSU Fresno: Accepting SDSU's sloppy seconds since 1911.

Yeah. Kind of a dumb play on Kepkay's part...

At least your homer predictions look a little better these days though.. Your insight during football was horrible.. Between you and Spanaballer, I'm not sure who wears thicker UNM glasses and shows up after wins? Even a broken watch is right twice a day.. The way you make it sound, UNM has dominated Utah.. I recall a few very close games in the PIt the last few years too.

Your first win in SLC in almost 20 years... Enjoy it.

I always show up. And I never predict a win on this board. I don't know who you have me mixed up with.

And I'm enjoying the win very much, thank you.

New Mexico 72, Utah 71

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- J.R. Giddens scored 19 points, including one of three straight 3-pointers down the stretch as New Mexico pulled ahead and then held on for a 72-71 win over Utah on Saturday.

The Lobos (22-6, 9-5 Mountain West) snapped an 18-game losing streak to the Utes at the Hunstman Center, dating to 1989.

Chad Toppert and Jamal Smith also hit 3-pointers during a late 11-2 run for the Lobos, mostly while Utah's Luke Nevill was on the bench after picking up his fourth foul. By the time Nevill returned for the final 1:49, the Utes (15-10, 6-6) trailed 63-59 and never recovered.

The Lobos led 72-69 with 8.8 seconds left after Dairese Gary missed the second of two free throws and Utah's Shaun Green got the rebound. The Utes rushed downcourt, but Tyler Kepkay drove for a layup instead of taking a 3-pointer, which could have tied it. Kepkay missed the layup and put back his own rebound as the horn sounded with the Lobos holding the 1-point edge.

Smith finished with 17 points, including 8 of 10 free throws in the final 1:11 as the Lobos extended their season-long winning streak to six games. Darren Prentice added 10 points for New Mexico.

Johnnie Bryant scored 17 points for the Utes, including a steal and 3-pointer with 15.6 seconds left that allowed the Utes to make it close. Nevill added 16 points and five rebounds.

2me1q87.jpg

UNLV 73, Wyoming 65

LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP) -- Wink Adams scored 23 points and pulled down 10 rebounds to help lead UNLV to a 73-65 win over Wyoming on Saturday.

The Rebels (20-6, 9-3 Mountain West Conference) led by double digits throughout most of the second half after going on a 26-14 run to take a 60-43 lead with 10 minutes remaining.

Rene Rougeau scored 16 points for UNLV, and Matt Shaw added 12.

Brandon Ewing led Wyoming (10-16, 3-10) with 20 points and six assists. Tyson Johnson added 16 points and eight rebounds, and Ryan Dermody scored 13 points for the Cowboys.

Shaw scored nine points during a 12-4 UNLV run that gave the Rebels a 17-11 lead midway through the first half.

The Cowboys responded with the next six points to tie the score at 17, but the Rebels went on a 17-9 run, including 10 points from Adams, to take a 34-26 advantage into the break.

2me1q87.jpg