Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pioneer

ND to ACC

ND has never had any trouble scheduling, so don't think that's a factor. IMO, with SOS being added as a component for ranking in the new 4 team playoff system, more schools would want to add ND to the OOC schedule.

The word out is that ND had concerns about scheduling which is what prompted this move.

It's been reported on numerous sources.

Things have changed and going forward it was looking to be a serious issue for them. You cannot keep pointing the past at this point, things have changed drastically.

One of the Final Five..........

I think the way the 5 top conferences have been playing it, no reaffirmation necessary. They've been saying it all along.

But it still doesn't matter. If NBC wants college football, they'll bid high for it. I don't buy into the "ESPN is sabotaging" mentality. The contract will still be great. Not as good as the top 5, but much, much higher than the rest.

It will be a good contract, I don't disagree. Not sure bidding high is necessary, just bidding highER. The question for me is if it will be the game changer for BYU. I have no idea.

The word out is that ND had concerns about scheduling which is what prompted this move.

It's been reported on numerous sources.

Things have changed and going forward it was looking to be a serious issue for them. You cannot keep pointing the past at this point, things have changed drastically.

Link? Why do people keep making claims that can't be substantiated. If there's a "word out" and "it's been reported on numerous sources", then it shouldn't take long for you to provide a link to at least one of those. I'm sincerely interested to read about that.

515px-Nevada_Wolf_Pack_Txt.svg.png

doubt AFA or CUSA go unless they go as a package and even then they may want UW to come along as well.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! Funniest thing I've read all day. There are countless scenarios out there and every single one of them seems to point to Wyoming being left behind. Thats what happens when your state has more sheep than people.

ND has never had any trouble scheduling, so don't think that's a factor. IMO, with SOS being added as a component for ranking in the new 4 team playoff system, more schools would want to add ND to the OOC schedule.

This move is soley about football scheduling for ND, they have already said it is a financially nuetral move.

On November 2, 2005, Notre Dame announced that because it had agreed to a request from the Big East to play teams from that conference each season, it would suspend the Boston College series following the 2010 season. Big East Commissioner Mike Tranghese said the conference made the request after Boston College, Miami, and Virginia Tech withdrew from the Big East to join the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Dude - you can go look it up. I'm not your researcher. There are so many links about the current news that it'll be fun for you to sift through them to find news from 2005. If you're so skeptical, c'est la vie.

You haven't been able to substantiate anything you've said. Well, it didn't take long to show your claim that ND agreed to suspend games vs BC following the 2010 season wasn't accurate. Wait, let me guess, that was a back room hand shake. Right bud?

Oh, and here's a link to support that:

http://www.fbschedul...ll-schedule.php

Sure I'm skeptical at your claims, because they can't be backed up. If it doesn't take long, then won't be much trouble for you to provide.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! Funniest thing I've read all day. There are countless scenarios out there and every single one of them seems to point to Wyoming being left behind. Thats what happens when your state has more sheep than people.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you are an idiot. AFA already told them no because of a loss of rivalries, so obviously rivalries are important to the range schools.

Link? Why do people keep making claims that can't be substantiated. If there's a "word out" and "it's been reported on numerous sources", then it shouldn't take long for you to provide a link to at least one of those. I'm sincerely interested to read about that.

Connor Lyons@ConnorHLyons

@murphsturph if Notre Dame is worried about scheduling think how hard it will be for Idaho

Dan Wetzel@DanWetzel

Source: concern over future football scheduling drove Notre Dame to make ACC move. Bigger than weakening of Big East

Maybe you should try checking out some news sources yourself then you wouldn't be so uninformed and expect others to spoon feed you.

link... http://sports.yahoo....ove-to-acc.html

Scheduling.

Athletic director Jack Swarbrick huddled over and over with his staff and tried to play out how the Irish would fill out their 12-game schedule in the years and decades to come, a Notre Dame source said.

Football scheduling issues were Jack Swarbrick's push for the Irish to join the ACC . (AP) That, more than any other factor, led to Wednesday's announcement that Notre Dame would join the ACC in all sports except football, according to the source. The agreement stipulates Notre Dame plays five football games per year against ACC opponents, but not compete for the league title and play eight games, as a full member would. That provides the Irish with the firm scheduling base it coveted while maintaining the freedom to maintain a national schedule.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Sure I'm skeptical at your claims, because they can't be backed up. If it doesn't take long, then won't be much trouble for you to provide.

What a tool, another one for the ignore list.

As a parting suggestion, you might try checking out some news sites rather than expecting everyone else to spoon feed you. How tiresome

This move is soley about football scheduling for ND, they have already said it is a financially nuetral move.

At this point, we don't the the financial benefit. If the nBE tv deal doesn't match or exceed that of the ACC, then it will be a financial boost. But, may not be part of their decision. Hard to believe though, seems all these realignment decisions have been financially driven.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is a multi-phase move. All sports except football until their TV contract runs out, then FB moves to the ACC as well.

Either way, I think ND is more stable affiliated with the ACC than the BE (and no, thats not a dig on anyone).

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!