Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

Random observations for the day...

Guest #1Stunner

USU's superbowl is this weekend. If the Aggies pull off the miracle and beat BYU, you will see the Aggies fans climbing out of the shadows.

Right now they are eating ice cream and maintaining radio silence.

USU's superbowl is this weekend. If the Aggies pull off the miracle and beat BYU, you will see the Aggies fans climbing out of the shadows.

The only thing more of a guarantee than Utah States loss in Provo this week is BYU fans jealous rage when the Utes are in a better bowl than BYU this year with a worse record.

Guest #1Stunner

The only thing more of a guarantee than Utah States loss in Provo this week is BYU fans jealous rage when the Utes are in a better bowl than BYU this year with a worse record.

Which bowl do you have Utah going to?

I don't seem to remember any USU fans being particularly loud in the preseason. Did I miss out? Despite coming off an inaugural MWC season where we won our division, reached the championship game, and defeated a ranked team that was lead by a Heisman finalist in our bowl, I don't remember Aggie fans popping off about anything to start this year. There was lots to be excited about coming into this season like having the conference preseason offensive player of the year returning for his Senior season and having the opportunity to help support a really good defense but as was mentioned above, the injuries to key personnel are already mounting up just like last year.

I didn't get the feeling that any Aggie fans felt slighted in the preseason by the rankings or predictions or anything else. Four games in, most Aggie fans are disappointed by our showing at Tennessee, and are still scratching their heads over how we could have dominated A-State in the fashion we did and somehow end up on the losing end, but everything the Aggies want to accomplish is still right in front of them. CSU and BSU already have losses in our division and we have yet to play a conference game so it's not all doom and gloom.

I think you can attribute the quiet in-season chatter to Aggie fans just staying away from this site altogether. I don't think many really care for or appreciate the incredible phishing skills of guys like Stunner or the numerous comments about Keeton (I really don't understand this one either). The guy has been selected to the Heisman Watch list for two consecutive years by HeismanPundit/CBS Sports, this is not something the school or fans have just made up. He is very deserving and when healthy is by far the best QB and face of the conference this season. Ripping the guy for doing his best to get back on the field in 10 months from a torn ACL and MCL is silly.

I don't seem to remember any USU fans being particularly loud in the preseason. Did I miss out? Despite coming off an inaugural MWC season where we won our division, reached the championship game, and defeated a ranked team that was lead by a Heisman finalist in our bowl, I don't remember Aggie fans popping off about anything to start this year. There was lots to be excited about coming into this season like having the conference preseason offensive player of the year returning for his Senior season and having the opportunity to help support a really good defense but as was mentioned above, the injuries to key personnel are already mounting up just like last year.

I didn't get the feeling that any Aggie fans felt slighted in the preseason by the rankings or predictions or anything else. Four games in, most Aggie fans are disappointed by our showing at Tennessee, and are still scratching their heads over how we could have dominated A-State in the fashion we did and somehow end up on the losing end, but everything the Aggies want to accomplish is still right in front of them. CSU and BSU already have losses in our division and we have yet to play a conference game so it's not all doom and gloom.

I think you can attribute the quiet in-season chatter to Aggie fans just staying away from this site altogether. I don't think many really care for or appreciate the incredible phishing skills of guys like Stunner or the numerous comments about Keeton (I really don't understand this one either). The guy has been selected to the Heisman Watch list for two consecutive years by HeismanPundit/CBS Sports, this is not something the school or fans have just made up. He is very deserving and when healthy is by far the best QB and face of the conference this season. Ripping the guy for doing his best to get back on the field in 10 months from a torn ACL and MCL is silly.

lol, so much "wah" in this post...

I'm right here Big Boy.

what do you want to talk about besides ice cream.

Do you have any news on our injury front from Bridger Peck to report?

F ALL OF YOU!!!!!''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS THAT LOUD ENOUGH?????

BTW , WE MAY STILL KICK ALL OF YOUR ASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't play

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner

I'm right here Big Boy.

Bridger Peck?  I thought it was his brother, the USU Peck'er , that is reporting the injury?  At least that is what the SL TRIB reported.

What are you hearing about Chuck's knee?

Guest #1Stunner

I'm right here Big Boy.

Bring it fool!!!

2GOzMC4.png