Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Rumor: Chuckie Keeton done. Will medical redshirt.

FALSE ALARM!!!

The SL Trib beat writer passed along a false report.  Chuckie IS NOT redshirting after all.

https://twitter.com/drewjay/status/516640781436981250

I'm not sure that I believe that. I suspect, even if Chuckie is redshirting, that USU would not want that information released prior to the BYU game. The BYU player, Remington Peck, that claimed Chuckie is redshirting does have ties to USU, his brother was a player on the USU football team. Will be interesting to see how this plays out but it seems to me, considering how Chuckie has looked, including missing a game, that it would be smart for Keeton to redshirt.

I'm not sure that I believe that. I suspect, even if Chuckie is redshirting, that USU would not want that information released prior to the BYU game. The BYU player, Remington Peck, that claimed Chuckie is redshirting does have ties to USU, his brother was a player on the USU football team. Will be interesting to see how this plays out but it seems to me, considering how Chuckie has looked, including missing a game, that it would be smart for Keeton to redshirt.

I'm not sure you folks understand how this +++++ works. If a player is banged up for a couple of weeks during the season, the coaches can't simply make a decision to hold him out the rest of the year and Med-Red. Even if not 100%, if a player can play, he is not eligible for a Med-Red.

His doctors have already examined him and it has been announced that there is no structural damage. This will be his last year.

Yay I love rumor threads!

THIS JUST IN- Chuckie is calling it quits for the rest of this season.  He decided he preferred watching games to playing them after being in the rain 4 hours at the Utes game.  Will be back next season to claim Heisman, he promises!

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

FALSE ALARM!!!

Someone told Chuckie that if he didn't medical redshirt, he couldn't come back to claim the Heisman next year.  He decided he cant just watch games for the rest of the year.  Will contemplate his future the rest of this week while playing himself on Madden in X-box.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

This whole thing is weird on many levels.  I don't understand why Peck would be commenting on it.  Obviously that is what someone told him, but as someone pointed out, you can't just claim that you're going to take a medical redshirt in the middle of a season.  It is something that you apply for at the end of the year.  The NCAA makes the determination, not the team or the player.  This had to have been something that he was told in the defensive meetings, and perhaps misunderstood.  It's still strange that he would announce it.  That's why some players aren't allowed to talk to the media.  I'm guessing Mr. Peck will get a talking to.  

Guest #1Stunner

This whole thing is weird on many levels.  I don't understand why Peck would be commenting on it.  Obviously that is what someone told him, but as someone pointed out, you can't just claim that you're going to take a medical redshirt in the middle of a season.  It is something that you apply for at the end of the year.  The NCAA makes the determination, not the team or the player.  This had to have been something that he was told in the defensive meetings, and perhaps misunderstood.  It's still strange that he would announce it.  That's why some players aren't allowed to talk to the media.  I'm guessing Mr. Peck will get a talking to.  

Are you talking about the Peck brother on USU's team, or BYU's team?

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bridger_peck_809294.html

http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-football/remington-peck

Well Remington Peck probably got the info from his brother on the USU team. Not saying the info is correct. But it does seem weird that Remington would say anything unless his brother had told him some info. Perhaps his brother heard wrong. I guess we'll see if Chuckie plays on Friday.

It sounded pretty fishy to me.  If they wanted to shut him down for the year, couldn't they apply for one now?  They could just redshirt him, no?  Because he hasn't had a redshirt year, right and hasn't played in 25% of the games yet or whatever?  I seem to remember a rule like that.

FWIW, I don't think Keeton is going to play in this game.  But that's just my opinion.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Perhaps I am wrong about the timing of the application for a medical redshirt.  However, it is still something that requires approval from the NCAA so it's not a sure thing.  The whole thing is weird.  I will say that I found Matt Wells' reaction interesting, when told about it at his press conference he had a look on his face that was priceless.  I got the impression that it is true and he was trying to process how BYU found out about it and whose ass was going to get chewed.  That's just my impression from his reaction.  

In a way I hope it's true because I hate to see Chuckie end his career playing at 75% behind a terrible offensive line.

Perhaps I am wrong about the timing of the application for a medical redshirt.  However, it is still something that requires approval from the NCAA so it's not a sure thing.  The whole thing is weird.  I will say that I found Matt Wells' reaction interesting, when told about it at his press conference he had a look on his face that was priceless.  I got the impression that it is true and he was trying to process how BYU found out about it and whose ass was going to get chewed.  That's just my impression from his reaction.  

In a way I hope it's true because I hate to see Chuckie end his career playing at 75% behind a terrible offensive line.

runner.gif?w=640&h=334

v0icAvfW.jpg

Obviously some player has spoken to a player or friend on BYU's team.  I'm floored they would say anything, even if they are brothers.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Well Remington Peck probably got the info from his brother on the USU team. Not saying the info is correct. But it does seem weird that Remington would say anything unless his brother had told him some info. Perhaps his brother heard wrong. I guess we'll see if Chuckie plays on Friday.

He doesn't have a brother on the USU team.

Again. A coach can't simply decide to Med-Red a player. The NCAA makes the call after the end of the season. If it is an underclassman, they sometimes take two or three years.

Obviously some player has spoken to a player or friend on BYU's team.  I'm floored they would say anything, even if they are brothers.

Why? I guarantee my brothers and I would talk under such circumstances. I'm more floored that Remington Peck went public with the information than the allegation his brother spoke to him about it. Who really knows what happened though.

v0icAvfW.jpg