Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

~ doggEstyle ~

I wonder how many AD's are stiff miffed by BSU tv contact..

Why did you want to get out of the conference so bad?  

To make as much money as possible?

The same reason everyone wants out of the conference. You have to remember when BSU and SDSU decided to move the big east was the stronger conference, and had a new television deal up.

SDSU, isn't big time, which has nothing to do with Wyoming or the Front Range. At the same time, I want the school to whatever possible to improve. If it means getting to a better conference so be it. If it means going independent so be it.

However, breaking off isn't going to happen. This conference is our only option (as our president/ad doesn't have the balls for independence), and will continue to be that way until HOPEFULLY we move up.

I imagine its the same with all the schools in this conference.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

Holy **** you are dumb. It could be any school that was below 500 that got a million more than a bowl eligible UNLV team. Its not about Wyoming, stop acting like a little b*tch.

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

Holy **** you are dumb. It could be any school that was below 500 that got a million more than a bowl eligible UNLV team. Its not about Wyoming, stop acting like a little b*tch.

But it is partially about Wyoming. Or any other Mtn Div school regularly playing at Boysee.

Why is Wyoming getting so much in TV media $$$'s with the smallest market?

I don't think River Run is a Boise fan ... I believe he's a Reno fan -- but, like myself, prefer to deal in facts.

In this case, there is a guaranteed contract minimum of 3 games.  I am not aware of any Saturday guarantees so must conclude that the contract minimum would be 3 weekday games @ $300K for $900K minimum guaranteed. 

This is correct..it's a 900K guarantee under the bonus structure.  Sac is incorrect.  They do have limitations on the number of weekday games, but a bonus earning Saturday game is NOT a requirement. However, 1.1m is likely the de facto minimum they'll earn annually, but it's not the guaranteed min.     

Because byu wanted rebroadcast rights for years and hair said no? Some jimmies russled?

Because BYU never made the rest of these teams pay them more for having a better program. Because BYU had the balls to leave before they did that.  Because BYU stuck it out for a while despite not getting what they wanted, and tried to work the channels to get things changed.  

Boise joined this conference, shortly after left, then came back and made this conference pay them for past successes which thusfar haven't been sustained. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Because BYU never made the rest of these teams pay them more for having a better program. Because BYU had the balls to leave before they did that. Because BYU stuck it out for a while despite not getting what they wanted, and tried to work the channels to get things changed.

Boise joined this conference, shortly after left, then came back and made this conference pay them for past successes which thusfar haven't been sustained.

So which mwc teams have had more success and better tv numbers than boise? Not everyone can just take their ball and go home like byu.

Posted Image

So which mwc teams have had more success and better tv numbers than boise? Not everyone can just take their ball and go home like byu.

Nobody knows. Only the WAC schools had home games on nationally measurable channels. The MWC schools were under the CBS Sports deal. Judging by what BYU alone got compared to what the entire conference was getting (w/ BYU), we were/are severely underpaid.

But it is partially about Wyoming. Or any other Mtn Div school regularly playing at Boysee.

Wyoming can make the 1,000,000, my problem is with UNLV getting zilch. I'm not sure that Wyoming will always be making the cash while UNLV doesn't make crap. It will take a few years to view the trends I assume.

then i guess the mirror was also in place where ever it is you live 

the uconn games was clearly on ABC, all because you had the mirror doesnt mean it wasnt on ABC..

here are links to the ratings, notice how the uconn game is listed with ABC..

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

"we had 100% percent of our games televised on a top network last week " except the tulsa game on cbssports which i noted...i said it before ..espn/espn2/espnu/espnnews are all consider the top tv networks..i never said anything about top "tier' i just said top..which by all indication is true....

dude stop lying..i NEVER said we were getting all our top games on ESPN on saturday....i noted several times that a good majority of the good games would be on weekday and a couple of you guys even went in with "those are highschool football days" and i responded saying friday on primetime espn is fine...look up that old thread if you can, i NEVER said anything to what you are saying...

This is what is showed for the ratings.  Whenever two games are listed, it will depend on what part of the country you're in, will determine which network the game is shown on.  Sorry that I burst your bubble, the game wasn't televised nationally on ABC.  So, give it up, you only continue to look more foolish.

Kent State/Ohio State or Boise St./UConn

Like I said before, you're a special kind of stupid, especially if you're pushing espnews and espnu as top networks.  MWC games shown on espnews or espnu don't even qualify for the MWC bonus payout for being televised by a national network.  Sorry stumpy, you're wrong again.  You need to deal with it, because you seem to be wrong a lot.  Like I said, I knew you'd start trying to build up espnews and espnu.  Too funny!

Lying?  Funny coming from you.  You're full of so much BS, you probably have to constantly choke down your own shlt, that keeps coming up.  Like I said, it's good for the AAC that all the Thur and Fri weeknight filler games they're providing for espn, are mostly shown on one of their top networks, which looks like primarily espn or espn2.  I saw a couple on espnu, but hopefully for the AAC that won't become the norm for their weeknight games.

Listen, at this point, everyone can see how much you change up what you say, aren't man enough to acknowledge it, and just sort of stumbling along, continue to write more crap full of inaccuracies.  If you can't handle being called out on your BS, then stop posting a lot of ignorant comments.

WolfPack2014poster_zpsda00ea12.jpg

Wyoming can make the 1,000,000, my problem is with UNLV getting zilch. I'm not sure that Wyoming will always be making the cash while UNLV doesn't make crap. It will take a few years to view the trends I assume.

Yeah...it'll get ugly if the same teams continuing making 0 or 300K every year while others consistently haul in 600K plus every year.

Because BYU never made the rest of these teams pay them more for having a better program. Because BYU had the balls to leave before they did that.  Because BYU stuck it out for a while despite not getting what they wanted, and tried to work the channels to get things changed.  

I'm going to ask this question again. Why are BYU fans so concerned about this, when it has no effect upon you? Stop hating.

Holy **** you are dumb. It could be any school that was below 500 that got a million more than a bowl eligible UNLV team. Its not about Wyoming, stop acting like a little b*tch.

lol you just can't see the forest for the trees can you.

it is. There was a thread on here last season bytching about wyoming making so much in bonus money over sdsu and the entire argument was based around tv ratings and viewership numbers.

You left out the minimum on Friday night games. The minimum you can earn is 1.1M

I was only referring to the minimum BSU can make from their deal with ESPN, if they only pickup the minimum number of games (3) in the deal, and show them all on a non-Saturday, as ESPN can televise up to 3 BSU games they pick up, on a weeknight.  So, it's conceivable, if they only pick up the minimum of 3 and show them all on a non-Saturday, then the bonus payout from the MWC would total $900K, but that obviously only the minimum.  I'm not aware of any boost for a Friday night game (as it falls into the non-Saturday category), as I haven't read that anywhere.  Only that there's an additional $200K paid if it's a Saturday game.  

You can read more about the structure of BSU deal with ESPN here:

http://news.boisestate.edu/update/2013/03/20/espn-to-televise-bronco-home-football-games/

"Under the new agreement Boise State will be paid a bonus of $300,000 per game broadcast on ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC, with an additional $200,000 for a Saturday game. Boise State can only be required to play a maximum of three non-Saturday games per season. This means a minimum of $900,000 in annual media bonus revenue for the Broncos. The amount could be higher than the $900,000 minimum if there are more national broadcasts from Bronco Stadium than the three required, or if those broadcasts are aired on Saturdays."

WolfPack2014poster_zpsda00ea12.jpg

lol you just can't see the forest for the trees can you.

Im still waiting for you to provide any quote where I said Wyoming is holding us back.

Just admit you have exaggerated everything. You put mine and K5's name out there, yet cant find anything lol

In this thread, everyone hates everyone, but especially among BYU, BSU, SDSU, WYO, Fresno and kinda/sorta Nevada fans. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

psh you get out of here with this reasoned and rationale thought. Everyone is out to screw Fresno and sdsu! That's the company line, you better start toeing it....

Im still waiting for you to provide any quote where I said Wyoming is holding us back.

Just admit you have exaggerated everything. You put mine and K5's name out there, yet cant find anything lol

Reading is fundamental.

it is. There was a thread on here last season bytching about wyoming making so much in bonus money over sdsu and the entire argument was based around tv ratings and viewership numbers.

You didn't make SO much more than SDSU, so I call BS on that. Link the thread dope.. But considering Wyoming was terrible, and SDSU and UNLV were bowl teams, a TV contract that rewards Wyoming or New Mexico, or any other crappy team is a fail.

Nobody knows. Only the WAC schools had home games on nationally measurable channels. The MWC schools were under the CBS Sports deal. Judging by what BYU alone got compared to what the entire conference was getting (w/ BYU), we were/are severely underpaid.

The AAC is saying the same thing. Market dictates worth. Both conferences got about what they are worth IMO

Posted Image