Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

~ doggEstyle ~

I wonder how many AD's are stiff miffed by BSU tv contact..

as time moves on it is pretty apparent that this wil be a huge issue in the MWC.

BSU should not be getting more $$$ in the MWC, they haven't proven sh-it since the WAC.

What are you talking about? Do you understand the contract or the bonus system?

Bonus system allows for EVERY MWC to be paid more for playing on television. BSU was allowed to negotiate directly with ESPN on their contracts which guaranteed number of appearances and day/time.

Everyone in the conference has equal shot at bonus money, Boise just happens to have guaranteed dates. Get over it.

Bonus system allows for EVERY MWC to be paid more for playing on television. BSU was allowed to negotiate directly with ESPN on their contracts which guaranteed number of appearances and day/time.

Everyone in the conference has equal shot at bonus money, Boise just happens to have guaranteed dates. Get over it.

YOU are the one who doesn't understand the contract and bonus system.

It is also a system that doesn't reward good teams and actually punishes them to a degree.  I can't believe how long we are locked into this terrible deal.  

Please enlighten us because what the individual posted is my understanding as well.

CBS gets to choose eight (at least) games before ESPN can select games. So no, everybody not Boise doesn't have an equal shot at bonus money. The better your team is expected to be, the less likely you are to have games available for ESPN bonus money.

This has been explained about a million or so times here.

Please enlighten us because what the individual posted is my understanding as well.

Boise is guarenteed more games than any other team each year.  CBS Sports has first pick on 8 games a year, so if you are good or if there is a good matchup, CBS will pick it up and you don't get a bonus.  Fresno gets NU to come to their stadium and they don't even get a bonus for that game because CBS picked it up.  Boise doesn't have to worry about things like that happening, or if it does happen for one game, it isn't a big deal because they are guaranteed I believe 4 games a year.  UNLV had their best season in a long time and I don't think they got one bonus game last year.  Wyoming lucked out and got a few last year and we were terrible.  It is a horrible system  

CBS gets to choose eight (at least) games before ESPN can select games. So no, everybody not Boise doesn't have an equal shot at bonus money. The better your team is expected to be, the less likely you are to have games available for ESPN bonus money.

This has been explained about a million or so times here.

/shrug, okay thanks for explaining. Sorry I missed the other posts.

bsu%252520mwc%252520logo.jpg

as time moves on it is pretty apparent that this wil be a huge issue in the MWC.

BSU should not be getting more $$$ in the MWC, they haven't proven sh-it since the WAC.

Wyoming did very well under the new contract and was paid very nice bonus money

I am not sure the rotation of ESPN versus CBS picks was ever made public and more then speculation?  anyone have a link that really spells it out and not as board speculation?

I am not sure the rotation of ESPN versus CBS picks was ever made public and more then speculation?  anyone have a link that really spells it out and not as board speculation?

I don't have a link, but I'm pretty sure it's much more than mere board speculation...

I am not sure the rotation of ESPN versus CBS picks was ever made public and more then speculation? anyone have a link that really spells it out and not as board speculation?

It has been linked before, I'm not going to waste my time looking for them. CBS gets the first 8-12 picks, depending on source, and then CBS/ESPN alternate picks after that.

It has been linked before, in not going to waste my time looking for them. CBS gets the first 8-12 picks, depending on source, and then CBS/ESPN alternate picks after that.

I don't think that was the final contract but rather a speculation and the picking order was never disclosed that I saw.  Depending on the source means to me that we have no real clue as to what the order is or how it is done

I don't think that was the final contract but rather a speculation and the picking order was never disclosed that I saw. Depending on the source means to me that we have no real clue as to what the order is or how it is done

lol, ok. Ignorance is bliss I hear.

lol, ok. Ignorance is bliss I hear.

Oh I have no doubt that CBS has some advantages in the picking order but I doubt you really know what they are either given the 8 number is from "insider" info and not substantiated

Oh I have no doubt that CBS has some advantages in the picking order but I doubt you really know what they are either given the 8 number is from "insider" info and not substantiated

Indeed, because they basically can't pick Boise.  So, Boise is in line for bonuses due to ESPN games, and the rest of you aren't especially if you have a good team.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

How many BCS wins do the rest of you have?

Yeah

none

just like the Hawaii travel subs it was agreed to

next bunch of sour grapes

Yeah, if you have to explain how awesome you are, probably not as awesome as you think, someone once said on this board.

You guys haven't carried anyone since entering this league.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg