Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bsu1997

Ryan Finley

Coaches should've pulled his a$$ much sooner, it was if they had forgotten

what it was like to be a college QB - which amazes me.

We have the receivers to replace Miller, as Finley proved we just need a QB

to be able to hit those receivers.

I expect Miller to play this weekend.

I also expect Hedrick to finish the game.

Coaches should've pulled his a$$ much sooner, it was if they had forgotten

what it was like to be a college QB - which amazes me.

We have the receivers to replace Miller, as Finley proved we just need a QB

to be able to hit those receivers.

I expect Miller to play this weekend.

I also expect Hedrick to finish the game.

If Hedrick is still in at the end of the game, I hope it's because he is doing a good job. He still needs to prove he can play well on the road.

Even if Miller doesn't play, we have other guys. I'm not as worried about Miller as I am about our QB/OL.

If Hedrick is still in at the end of the game, I hope it's because he is doing a good job. He still needs to prove he can play well on the road.

Even if Miller doesn't play, we have other guys. I'm not as worried about Miller as I am about our QB/OL.

If Hedrick plays like sht, then his a$$ better get yanked.

After this year it's either Rypien or Finley for the next several years, had enough of these short term solutions.

Remember last year when all the Boise fans were crowing about how great Hedrick was going to be?

LOL

I was never in that group .. always thought Southwick was the superior QB, balcony piss or not. I don't know if Finley is the long-term answer but he is sure as hell better than Hedrick. The cupboard is pretty weak at this position and I'm wondering if Rypien is going to compete as a true freshman.  

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

If Hedrick plays like sht, then his a$$ better get yanked.

After this year it's either Rypien or Finley for the next several years, had enough of these short term solutions.

One stat that I saw was very interesting and tells a whole lot about our QB situation. The first 4 games there was a total of 26 receptions by guys other than Ajayi, SWR, or Miller. During the Air Force game there were 14 receptions by guys other than Ajayi, SWR, or Miller. 12 of those were thrown by Finley. That stat blows my mind. There is really no excuse for the first 4 games.

I agree, short term solutions usually don't work out well. I really do hope that Hedrick get's his shitt together and tears it up the rest of the year. If he can't I think a permanent change at QB needs to be made. At this point the UNR game is a must win.

One stat that I saw was very interesting and tells a whole lot about our QB situation. The first 4 games there was a total of 26 receptions by guys other than Ajayi, SWR, or Miller. During the Air Force game there were 14 receptions by guys other than Ajayi, SWR, or Miller. 12 of those were thrown by Finley. That stat blows my mind. There is really no excuse for the first 4 games.

I agree, short term solutions usually don't work out well. I really do hope that Hedrick get's his shitt together and tears it up the rest of the year. If he can't I think a permanent change at QB needs to be made. At this point the UNR game is a must win.

I wonder if it's the coaches trying too hard to have a successful first season instead of setting a foundation for the future.

I wonder if it's the coaches trying too hard to have a successful first season instead of setting a foundation for the future.

Good point, but if that is/was true, then I think it has backfired. It has allowed people to key in on Ajayi, Miller, SWR. It is easy for a D to stop 3 guys. Different story trying to stop 8 or 9 different people, never knowing who may get the ball.

Someone must be blamed for the continuing spiral. Air Force may not even be the bottom.

Air Force may not be the bottom. Pete left the cupboard bare in the QB position and it has really screwed us over. However you guys should now all about that. You've already been there done that. As bad as we have been playing, we will still more than likely give you guys a whupping this year.

Air Force may not be the bottom. Pete left the cupboard bare in the QB position and it has really screwed us over. However you guys should now all about that. You've already been there done that. As bad as we have been playing, we will still more than likely give you guys a whupping this year.

Don't bank on it.

Air Force.

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

If we make Hedrick switch room mates he might spread the ball around more.  

Finley is 12-25 for 161 yards and 2 td's/1 interceptions, that is not impressive

for someone who doesn't care at all about BSU you certainly don't seem able to shut up about us

In fact you seem to care far more about Boise than suds

One of the Final Five..........

Pete left the cupboard bare in more than the QB position

Where is the help for Ajayi? Why is the Oline being pushed around?

I am not a huge Hedrick supporter. I am against knee jerk toss the guy out and putting in the younger less prepared player and ruining him in the process. I am also against pulling the guy when part of the problem is the coaching and the oline.

You people think changing the QB is a silver bullet fix when the problem is more complicated than Hedrick. You fail to grasp just how many issues there are here and think tossing a lenother guy up there will fix it all. Chances are you would ruin him as well.

Pete left the cupboard bare in more than the QB position

Where is the help for Ajayi? Why is the Oline being pushed around?

I am not a huge Hedrick supporter. I am against knee jerk toss the guy out and putting in the younger less prepared player and ruining him in the process. I am also against pulling the guy when part of the problem is the coaching and the oline.

You people think changing the QB is a silver bullet fix when the problem is more complicated than Hedrick. You fail to grasp just how many issues there are here and think tossing a lenother guy up there will fix it all. Chances are you would ruin him as well.

I actually think Demas is pretty good, but has never been given a real shot all year. When he has been in he has looked good. We also have a lot of talent at WR that hasn't been utilized yet either. Until you give some of these guys a bench a shot, how do we even know?

I actually think Demas is pretty good, but has never been given a real shot all year. When he has been in he has looked good. We also have a lot of talent at WR that hasn't been utilized yet either. Until you give some of these guys a bench a shot, how do we even know?

I blame the coaches for that................Harson talked about riding the Jay train as far as it would go

I think Harsin decided instead of really developing a  lot of the talent he went with what looked like the quick, easy path to the season and Hedrick and Ajayi just can't do it. I think sticking Finley into that situation would ruin him. Unless the coaching staff decides to develop the entire offense. And doing that part way into the season is a tough road. Only 1 game down in the MWC championship derby I don't think that's a good idea.

I think they gambled and lost but we aren't to the point of scrapping the season completely. If and when we are THEN we start to bring Finley in and build for next year. If Hedrick throws a bunch of picks in the first half, THEN I think we are at that point.

I blame the coaches for that................Harson talked about riding the Jay train as far as it would go

I think Harsin decided instead of really developing a  lot of the talent he went with what looked like the quick, easy path to the season and Hedrick and Ajayi just can't do it. I think sticking Finley into that situation would ruin him. Unless the coaching staff decides to develop the entire offense. And doing that part way into the season is a tough road. Only 1 game down in the MWC championship derby I don't think that's a good idea.

I think they gambled and lost but we aren't to the point of scrapping the season completely. If and when we are THEN we start to bring Finley in and build for next year. If Hedrick throws a bunch of picks in the first half, THEN I think we are at that point.

I agree with everything you said this time. Finally! :)