Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

17-0

Love to play the game.  Watching not so much.  Kind of like Golf.  Love to play hate to watch.

Fair enough, to each his own.

Regular season I have to be at the game or listening on the radio, can't sit and watch it on TV.

Postseason baseball is the most stressful and the most enjoyable game for me to watch outside of college football.  You're hanging on every pitch after the 6th inning.  Really enjoy it.  Love the hybrid team/individual sport aspect of baseball too.

LOL at the last time the draft dodgers won a world series.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

LOL at the Giants pretending they have some illustrious history.

When I think of Giants baseball I think of chainlink fences, cold ass weather, and trash blowing around in that shithole at Candelstick.

Most runs scored by any opposing team in the history of AT&T Park (and the most hits by any team).  It was definitely a fun night.  I was at the game last year when the giants scored 19 (1 day short of exactly one year), so it was definitely nice to be in attendance when the Dodgers returned the favor.  Not a bad view either.

10696270_10203400859717279_4076961892307

"UNLV is just really a four year junior college with a nice stadium for the basketball team" -Adam Carolla

trailer-park-taj-mahal.jpg

When I think of Giants baseball I think of chainlink fences, cold ass weather, and trash blowing around in that shithole at Candelstick.

And then there was the neighborhood ghetto known as Hunters Point. 

Draft Dodgers? That was weak.  :rolleyes:

LA will be adding another World Series title to their list come October. 

dodgers_logo.jpg

The Giants do, actually, have an illustrious history. So does LA.

Shut up!  Talk like that is bad for the rivalry.

"UNLV is just really a four year junior college with a nice stadium for the basketball team" -Adam Carolla

I think LA chokes in the playoffs.

The series this year, IMO, is going to be Baltimore vs. SF.

SF is getting hot at the right time.

Who do the giants have in their rotation that is reliable after Bumgarner?  If they don't win the division they will have to use him in the WC game.  If they can get past the WC game they wouldn't be able to pitch him until game 3 of the division series, which means, unless he is going to go on 2 days rest, he would only be able to pitch 1 game in the division series.

Who do the giants have in their rotation that is reliable after Bumgarner? If they don't win the division they will have to use him in the WC game. If they can get past the WC game they wouldn't be able to pitch him until game 3 of the division series, which means, unless he is going to go on 2 days rest, he would only be able to pitch 1 game in the division series.

Hudson? I'm drawing a blank.

Petit has been looking good. Peavy has been good lately. Hudson looked good earlier but not so much, but there's still some time to remedy that.

Vogelsong kind of sucks though. And Cain's done. But it's not like LA's rotation is all that great either, outside of Kershaw and maybe Grienke.

Kershaw and Greinke are both legit.  After that, Ryu is a very good #3, but there are some concerns after he came out of Friday night's game with some pain in his left shoulder.  If Ryu can't go that means that the Dodgers will have to rely on Dan Haren, and either Roberto Hernandez (aka Fauxto Carmona) or Carlos Frias to fill out their playoff rotation.  Not very appealing choices.

Hudson? I'm drawing a blank.

Tim Hudson has been shaky over his last 3 starts, looks like he is starting to get worn down.

I agree Ryu is a really good #3, but who knows how healthy he is?

I think the A's could make a run if they actually wake out of this haze they've been in.

The great thing about baseball is that just about anything can happen once the playoffs start.  I'm looking forward to it because I feel that the Dodgers have as good a shot as anybody.  

14-year-old stadium smack? You're better than that CP! In the meantime, Giants have been to three World Series, winning two, and now play in the consensus-viewed best ballpark in the big leagues.

And the Dodgers, well, have Vin Scully (who is the best), a 26-year-old ring that represents the last thing the franchise has done that is worth noting, and an outdated stadium filled with miscreants. 

The great thing about baseball is that just about anything can happen once the playoffs start.  I'm looking forward to it because I feel that the Dodgers have as good a shot as anybody.  

First time in the wildcard era, it looks like the Yankees will miss the playoffs two consecutive years.  Red Sox and Phillies are out too.  This is going to make for a really fun October.

Kershaw and Greinke are both legit.  After that, Ryu is a very good #3, but there are some concerns after he came out of Friday night's game with some pain in his left shoulder.  If Ryu can't go that means that the Dodgers will have to rely on Dan Haren, and either Roberto Hernandez (aka Fauxto Carmona) or Carlos Frias to fill out their playoff rotation.  Not very appealing choices.

Too bad Josh Beckett is out for the season.  He was 6-6 with a 2.88 ERA in 115.2 innings; talk about a bounceback year.

I agree Ryu is a really good #3, but who knows how healthy he is?

I think the A's could make a run if they actually wake out of this haze they've been in.

Yeah I couldn't believe how many games the Angels jumped them by so quick.

Gonna be a good month and a half of baseball, looking forward to it.

8k3esKz.png

I think LA chokes in the playoffs.

The series this year, IMO, is going to be Baltimore vs. SF, though I wouldn't be surprised to see Oakland, KC, or Seattle make a run.

SF is getting hot at the right time.

(and no, I'm not a Giants fan)

Hot? They just lost the last two to the Dodgers. Ya, the Gnats are on fire!  :rolleyes: