Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

MWC Basketball Recruiting 2014-15

Can we start a new thread?

To start Lobos land UTEP transfer Tim Jacobs who played high school in Las Cruces, NM

He's going to walk on here. I believe he has 2 years of eligibility left

Bump. He can play next year?

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

He was a walkon at utep as well.

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

Class of 2014 is really slim.

UNLV departures: PF Jamal Aytes, PF Savon Goodman, C Carlos Lopez, SG/SF Bryce Dejean Jones

UNLV additions: PG Cody Doolin, SG Rashad Vaughn, SF Dwayne Morgan and C Goodluck Okonoboh

UNLV expects at least 2 more scholarships to open up. Likely more with transfers.

Roscoe Smith is likely gone. Draft/Overseas

Khem Birch is likely coming back...still undecided though.

Christian Wood and Kendall Smith are key returning freshman. Wood is guaranteed coming back. Kendall Smith is very likely staying.

Daquan Cook is a possible redshirt candidate. (hear he is actually open to it.) He stays.

Jelan Kendrick and Deville Smith are up in the air.

Demetris Morant and Dantley Walker might want to transfer. I would if I was them.

UNLV targets to fill any opening of scholarships:

o083zYl.png

FBTLkxt.png

Elijah Stewart is probably the hottest recruit left on the 2014 market after he opted out of his commitment to LMU. If UNLV approves the Special Assistant to Head Coach many expect Max Good to take that position and that would give UNLV a great chance at grabbing Elijah, who Good recruited at LMU.

He's a natural scorer with a great shot. Has great range outside, but loves the mid range shot as well. Needs strength, but UNLV could always use another shooter like Stewart.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

I dont think this thread was meant for 2014 signees.

UNLV seems to have good chances ar a lot of 2015 signees. Excited to hear what happens.

I expect sdsu to have a solid class, but nothing great. We maybe sign two kids.

I dont think this thread was meant for 2014 signees.

UNLV seems to have good chances ar a lot of 2015 signees. Excited to hear what happens.

I expect sdsu to have a solid class, but nothing great. We maybe sign two kids.

Thread should be 2015-16 recruiting in that case.

Anyway, I was only breaking down UNLV's scholarship situation.

2014 recruiting isn't done just yet.

Walker won't transfer. He redishirted, and coculd see major PG mins after 2014-15.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

Walker won't transfer. He redishirted, and coculd see major PG mins after 2014-15.

In practice?

2015-16 Cook will be a junior coming off a redshirt more than likely.

2015 is loaded with some PG's

2016 is Derryck Thorton jr.  ---Who, if Rice is still here, we will be all over for the next 2 years. Top priority.

In practice?

2015-16 Cook will be a junior coming off a redshirt more than likely.

2015 is loaded with some PG's

2016 is Derryck Thorton jr.  ---Who, if Rice is still here, we will be all over for the next 2 years. Top priority.

We've offered to both Kendall Small and Corey Sanders.

Granted, Sanders may be off the hook with Schroyer gone (he is from the east coast), but he may not.

Small is from CA and a 4 star recruit. There a few articles on Scout that say he could be AZ bound. He has a bunch offers already. Granted, we could always find a Juco recruit or two.

It's possible Walker could transfer to BYU and pull an Aytes, but given he did not de-commit when Kruger left, which indicates he is loyal to UNLV. He did not request release prior to this season when we recruited a bunch of Juco guards.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

We've offered to both Kendall Small and Corey Sanders.

Granted, Sanders may be off the hook with Schroyer gone (he is from the east coast), but he may not.

Small is from CA and a 4 star recruit. There a few articles on Scout that say he could be AZ bound. He has a bunch offers already. Granted, we could always find a Juco recruit or two.

It's possible Walker could transfer to BYU and pull an Aytes, but given he did not de-commit when Kruger left, which indicates he is loyal to UNLV. He did not request release prior to this season when we recruited a bunch of Juco guards.

Kid really wanted to be a Rebel.

Who knows..maybe he'll stick it out.

The best thing that could happen is he works his ass off and becomes our version of Keiton Page in a couple years.

Kid really wanted to be a Rebel.

Who knows..maybe he'll stick it out.

The best thing that could happen is he works his ass off and becomes our version of Keiton Page in a couple years.

walker stays...and i want him to.

Also announced today- SJSU guard DJ Brown transferring out. He is graduating early in May and will still have 2 years of eligibility left.

This move will free up another scholarship and allows SJSU to go after positions of need like a center and power forward (just committed FYI).