Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WyomingCoog

CBO: 2.3 million jobs will be lost due to Obamacare

More proof positive Obummercare is a collectivist failure....

Obamacareism_1_0.jpg

LINK

At first the White House went into damage-control mode, arguing that many of the cancelled plans were "junk" insurance and consumers would be better off with the broader coverage available through the health care law's new insurance markets.

But soon Obama was forced to reverse course, urging insurers and state regulators to allow policyholders to keep their existing plans for an additional year. Most states complied with the request.

Now the administration is considering adding more years to this extension to avoid another wave of problems if rates on the exchange climb too high and people are left without an affordable coverage option. Health insurers are supposed to submit by May the rates they want to charge on the exchanges next year.

Dirt Sorcerer

Do you actually work 60-80 hours per week, or do you generally work more than 40 and then in busy times for a few months and once a while here and there you work 60-80? I'm at the second and if I work 75 hours in a week, I'm so exhausted I'm pretty useless the next Monday/Tuesday unless it's easy stuff I can do by rote. Once I work 3-4 14+ hour shifts my brain turns to crap and I might as well not come in the next day if it involves anything cerebral. 

I'm a private practice Ob/Gyn so 60 hrs/week is a good week. As a resident, my shortest rotation was 84 hours/week (5-12 hr shifts followed by a 24 hour shift). Some weeks I worked 120 hrs (with occasional catnaps), so 60-80 hrs a week is great. You get used to it or you wash out. These days there are limits to hours for residents, a good and bad thing. New docs aren't as well trained as they used to be but still adequate. Medicine is evolving into shift work so there will be less and less fatigue eventually.

Govt should have done the websites in-house..........obvious the private contractors screwed up big time.

They should have outsourced to Amazon. They seem to be able to link to thousands of different vendors instantaneously seamlessly. Awarding contracts to cronies is never a good idea.

NM:

The surface won't quote but,

holy cow! no wonder there are so many fatal accidents in hospitals. It's good to hear that it's more going to shift work. I'm hourly so anything after 40 has to be billable, basically on task every minute. It's rough driving an hour in the dark, dealing with grumpy contractors in cold or heat, and driving back. I can't imagine adding dealing with people intimately and all of their biological ickiness for more hours as a standard. kudos.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Bad verbage on O's part.........those plans were not up to the new laws standards and were finished............Insurance companies could have made the transition less of a circus by informing their customers of the pending changes & giving the policy holders the new options.

The insurance companies screwed up as much as anything.

Govt should have done the websites in-house..........obvious the private contractors screwed up big time.

k-bigpic.jpg

They should have outsourced to Amazon. They seem to be able to link to thousands of different vendors instantaneously seamlessly. Awarding contracts to cronies is never a good idea.

It's a good the gvmt didn't contract with Microsoft. Windows 8 is still a piece of shit.

Too Funny

"For some people, the ACA provides a powerful disincentive to work, the CBO said.

This is not a surprise. It’s part of the design of Obamacare. It was a sop to fiscal conservatives, a trade-off designed to ensure that the ACA doesn’t bust the budget. The Republican alternative to Obamacare that was recently rolled out has the same work disincentives."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/obamacare-discourages-some-from-working-and-thats-ok-2014-02-07?siteid=yhoof2

Conservative republicans complain and then plan to do the very same thing

Too Funny

"For some people, the ACA provides a powerful disincentive to work, the CBO said.

This is not a surprise. It’s part of the design of Obamacare. It was a sop to fiscal conservatives, a trade-off designed to ensure that the ACA doesn’t bust the budget. The Republican alternative to Obamacare that was recently rolled out has the same work disincentives."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/obamacare-discourages-some-from-working-and-thats-ok-2014-02-07?siteid=yhoof2

No different than Democrats complaining about Bush's policies to get elected then keeping them in place when they are in power.  This is what people don't understand about politicians.  Doesn't matter what the party affiliation is they are out to keep power.  Too many are bamboozled and convinced one party is evil while the other is all roses and looking out for you.  They do what they do to garner votes pure and simple.  If more people understood that there would be a lot more civil discourse and more things would get done.

No different than Democrats complaining about Bush's policies to get elected then keeping them in place when they are in power.  This is what people don't understand about politicians.  Doesn't matter what the party affiliation is they are out to keep power.  Too many are bamboozled and convinced one party is evil while the other is all roses and looking out for you.  They do what they do to garner votes pure and simple.  If more people understood that there would be a lot more civil discourse and more things would get done.

While I agree with your response, and think it is very measured, I believe Billings post was directed to the participants of the orgiastic display of pile-on mentality expressed in the past few pages.

Too many here are drowning in the dogma and bias that permeates current US politics.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

While I agree with your response, and think it is very measured, I believe Billings post was directed to the participants of the orgiastic display of pile-on mentality expressed in the past few pages.

Too many here are drowning in the dogma and bias that permeates current US politics.

He was posting something that he thought was funny from an ironic stand point.  Which it is funny but not uncommon in politics.  If it were directed at particular posters he would have quoted them.

Given the tone this thread had become, and his post's placement, I feel otherwise.  Perhaps because the irony is particularly strong given the posts of those making the pile-on display.

However, I don't know him as well as you may, so I might be wrong. 

Perhaps he'll clarify.

Too Funny

ObamaCare is RomneyCare which is the original GOP plan from the 1990's..........especially the individual mandate.............basically we have the republican plan in place right now.

Too Funny

So did you actually read the entire "Patient Choice, Affordability, Responsibility and Empowerment Act", or did you just let someone else form the opinion for you and then copy and paste? Can you share with us what in the Act creates the disincentives to work? Curious to know. If it truly does.....I'd say that it's a terrible idea and should never be passed.

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

ObamaCare is RomneyCare which is the original GOP plan from the 1990's..........especially the individual mandate.............basically we have the republican plan in place right now.

Obamacare is nothing like RomneyCare.  Not close.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Obamacare is nothing like RomneyCare. Not close.

What are the differences?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

If it was a "republican plan", why did not one republican vote for it?

Let's see if I can put this into terms TheTool™ will understand (small hope of that I know, but still...)

Ahem....

Easy, moron.  Ignorant racist sexist con-tards like you are in denial mode because you have tiny brains with an infinitesimally small memory capacity.  Here's a refresher:

http://swampland.time.com/2012/08/23/the-party-of-no-new-details-on-the-gop-plot-to-obstruct-obama/

Only an idiot like TheTool™ would pose such a stupid question!  Are you new to the internet or something?

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

(prolly too many sardonic laughs, but this was an approximation. ;) )

Oh, and my spelling and grammar are not as poor as TheTool™'s.  Sorry about that.

Let's see if I can put this into terms TheTool™ will understand (small hope of that I know, but still...)

Ahem....

http://swampland.time.com/2012/08/23/the-party-of-no-new-details-on-the-gop-plot-to-obstruct-obama/

tin-foil-hat.jpg

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."