Warbow

MAC, ESPN agree to new deal

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/11372218/mid-american-conference-espn-agree-new-13-year-media-rights-deal

The new deal between the MAC and ESPN rewrites the current eight-year deal, which was set to expire in 2017. A source said the new deal is worth more than the old deal, which paid the MAC about a $1 million a year.

Yikes...

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/11372218/mid-american-conference-espn-agree-new-13-year-media-rights-deal

The new deal between the MAC and ESPN rewrites the current eight-year deal, which was set to expire in 2017. A source said the new deal is worth more than the old deal, which paid the MAC about a $1 million a year.

Yikes...

It's not, lol.  As discussed in the other thread, they're getting like 666k a school.

It's not, lol. As discussed in the other thread, they're getting like 666k a school.

$8MM/yr for the conference and some basketball games.

Pretty good for the MAC who keeps chugging along as the most stable G5 conference by far.

Thru 2026 kind of sucks, tho. Inflation gonna eat them up big time.

But hey. At least they are hanging around on national tv for midweek games.

Wouldn't hurt to schedule home and home with one of their programs once in a while.

~ FF

Been there done that. No thanks.

I like your future schedules. The two Belt teams you did pick are top in the Belt most years in ULL and Troy.

Only 1 fcs (next year vs Idaho St). And the rest is strong and balanced but not ridiculously strong.

I think I heard our AD mention recently on a local radio show that our OOC scheduling will look more like yours than our past gauntlet types PH used to like. This year's was by chance since USC was kind of last second for reasons I cannot remember.

~ FF

$8MM/yr for the conference and some basketball games.

Pretty good for the MAC who keeps chugging along as the most stable G5 conference by far.

Thru 2026 kind of sucks, tho. Inflation gonna eat them up big time.

But hey. At least they are hanging around on national tv for midweek games.

Wouldn't hurt to schedule home and home with one of their programs once in a while.

Wyo schedules MAC but we also recruit out there

Wyo schedules MAC but we also recruit out there

Good to go. And I hope I didn't give the impression that scheduling the MAC is a bad thing.

I like Pokes' future schedule where you have 1 P5 and a strong MAC (NIU) for the next two years building with Bohl, and then have 2 P5s in Bohl's 4th year.

I think the Cowboys have a bright near future ahead. May or may not be rocky this season, but should be strong after this season if not the last half of this season.

~ FF