Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dogs4Me

David Fales: Any NFL Preseason Sightings?

Just curious how things are going for him.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

From what I saw, Fales is pushing Palmer and Clausen to play better but, they're just too inconsistent. The best route is to cut those guys loose and put Fales as a backup to Cutler and let him get reps with the first team so he can be ready to step in and light it up should anything happen to Cutler. Palmer and Clausen have had ample chances and proven they don't have "it". Fales has it. If they give him a chance to gel with the first team he'll win the job.

Thanks for the update...hoping he does well.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

From what I saw, Fales is pushing Palmer and Clausen to play better but, they're just too inconsistent. The best route is to cut those guys loose and put Fales as a backup to Cutler and let him get reps with the first team so he can be ready to step in and light it up should anything happen to Cutler. Palmer and Clausen have had ample chances and proven they don't have "it". Fales has it. If they give him a chance to gel with the first team he'll win the job.

It's absolutely nuts to think Fales would be awarded the backup job, especially 

given Cutler's injury history.  Chicago media has been reporting that Palmer

and Clausen are fighting each other for the number two role.  Only way Fales

makes the roster is if the Bears dump the loser of the backup battle, which is

doubtful.  

It's absolutely nuts to think Fales would be awarded the backup job, especially 

given Cutler's injury history.  Chicago media has been reporting that Palmer

and Clausen are fighting each other for the number two role.  Only way Fales

makes the roster is if the Bears dump the loser of the backup battle, which is

doubtful.  

"Chicago media has been reporting", Before I watched the game, the Chicago media had written that Palmer and Clausen had a great game vs. the Eagles and that David Fales threw an interception. My heart sank and I thought I was going to have to shoot myself then I watched the game to find out what had happened. Palmer and Clausen were ok but not that good, especially Palmer. Clausen looked ok but they really didn't call a plassing play for Fales. They just sent him in for mop up duty and handed the ball off like 10 straight times, unless I missed something, that was it game over. True story. The Chicago Media sucks donkey balls.

"Chicago media has been reporting", Before I watched the game, the Chicago media had written that Palmer and Clausen had a great game vs. the Eagles and that David Fales threw an interception. My heart sank and I thought I was going to have to shoot myself then I watched the game to find out what had happened. Palmer and Clausen were ok but not that good, especially Palmer. Clausen looked ok but they really didn't call a plassing play for Fales. They just sent him in for mop up duty and handed the ball off like 10 straight times, unless I missed something, that was it game over. True story. The Chicago Media sucks donkey balls.

He likely didn't earn any playing time at practice. You know things are bad when Clausen is ahead of you. Fales is going to get dropped. Noodles.

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

"Chicago media has been reporting", Before I watched the game, the Chicago media had written that Palmer and Clausen had a great game vs. the Eagles and that David Fales threw an interception. My heart sank and I thought I was going to have to shoot myself then I watched the game to find out what had happened. Palmer and Clausen were ok but not that good, especially Palmer. Clausen looked ok but they really didn't call a plassing play for Fales. They just sent him in for mop up duty and handed the ball off like 10 straight times, unless I missed something, that was it game over. True story. The Chicago Media sucks donkey balls.

How about straight from the horse's mouth then?

Halfway through their preseason schedule, the Bears aren’t yet ready to declare a winner in the battle for the backup quarterback position between Jimmy Clausen and Jordan Palmer.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Battle-for-backup-QB-still-undecided/de1e3a81-1a44-423c-ad63-b60f8d05fb66

I've actually read differently. Seems his playing time has been limited and he may very well be the odd man out. Not looking good for him.

How about straight from the horse's mouth then?

Halfway through their preseason schedule, the Bears aren’t yet ready to declare a winner in the battle for the backup quarterback position between Jimmy Clausen and Jordan Palmer.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Battle-for-backup-QB-still-undecided/de1e3a81-1a44-423c-ad63-b60f8d05fb66

yes I've seen them. I only mentioned the report I saw because it seemed like the guy/gal reporting had and agenda. Seeing as Fales only got in 4th qtr mop up duty tells me all I need to know about where he is on the depth chart. I'm not disputing where they see him. I just think they didn't really give him a fair chance to make the squad. I think politics has more to do with their decision than actual talent. But that's just my .02. It's why I preferred college over the pros. I hoped Fales would get a real shot so I'm a little dissapointed. Don't mind me.

I think politics has more to do with their decision than actual talent. But that's just my .02. It's why I preferred college over the pros. I hoped Fales would get a real shot so I'm a little dissapointed. Don't mind me.

I think that's ridiculous, coaches are seeing what Fales has to offer in practice - while we're not.

I believe Fales will make the practice roster, will give him some more time to mature.

I think he will get a little under $6,000 a week on the practice squad.  So I guess it is worth sticking around to do it since it is likely more than he will make using his degree (if he has one).  Of course his agent get some of that, etc., etc.  If he can make a roster, I think his pay goes up to about $400,000 a year.