Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Hawaii may drop football....

I still don't think it would be worth the MWC dropping travel costs to keep them around.  It would be easier to just add New Mexico State or Idaho or get back into Texas.  So far, they haven't brought anything during the two years they have been in the MWC.  Of course, I still think they will have a program and this is just an idle threat.

I hope it's simply a threat

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Its a possibility.......but if the football program crumbles....everything else in the dept will too.

As a Hawaii fan....just a thought of this coming out has me turning in my stomach.

rp_primary_UH_Lower_Campus.jpg

University of Hawai'i Athletics

Won't happen.

Its just talk to get Hawaii fans off their asses and into their wallets.

Or to try to scare the MWC into agreeing to eliminate the travel subsidy. Or both, I suppose.

Other than one group of professors, nobody employed by SDSU has ever advocated dropping football. So no bueno, that's for sure.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Or to try to scare the MWC into agreeing to eliminate the travel subsidy. Or both, I suppose.

Other than one group of professors, nobody employed by SDSU has ever advocated dropping football. So no bueno, that's for sure.

The problem is that if the MWC dropped travel subsidies, it would be like offering Hawaii a subsidy to be in the conference.  They just don't bring enough to justify it.

UH definitely needs a new stadium more than any MWC team.

This thought has been accelerating the past two weeks.

But the keyword down here is: Multi-purpose

They want a multi purpose stadium to take Aloha Stadiums place.

rp_primary_UH_Lower_Campus.jpg

University of Hawai'i Athletics