Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Big Talk From SJSU Fans....Again.

8588 wrote:

Fck USC. Fck the rest of the MWC. Let's do this three-peat!!!! Season right around the corner. We are dogs, we re proud, we mean. Fck the rest. Go dogs!!!! Bulldog born bulldog bred. But your season tickets and be loud and proud. We are Fresno State!!!!!!! GO DOGS!!!!!!!

8588 wrote:

Fck USC. Fck the rest of the MWC. Let's do this three-peat!!!! Season right around the corner. We are dogs, we re proud, we mean. Fck the rest. Go dogs!!!! Bulldog born bulldog bred. But your season tickets and be loud and proud. We are Fresno State!!!!!!! GO DOGS!!!!!!!

Translation: I stalk 8588 on multiple forums because he hurts my feelings on the regular.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

11-1 is the floor at SJSU next year, Auburn better watch out.  

I'd tell Spartan fans to go get tickets to the access bowl now, but I have a feeling the Rose or Sugar bowl playoff games are a real option if they don't trip up against Auburn on the road.  

Lol at this guy who thinks they have twice the talent we do.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Good Lord, 8588, you're using your crayon-colored plastic bait right now, aren't you?  One SJSU poster (who's entitled to his opinion, BTW) predicts 10 wins and all of a sudden - WHAM! - the implication is that SJSU fans are talking big again?  LOL...  Don't be such a conjecture-abusing whore.  This is a fan forum, sure, but most SJSU fans are predicting between 5 and 7 wins.  Anyone can look that up and readily conclude that.  In fact, someone has even predicted only 3 wins. No, as a group we're cautiously optimistic, but not much else.  There are too many question marks right now (QB being the primary one)...

Don't you guys have some long win steak vs them too?

Yeah. 5 in a row. Also overall we are 17-8-2 against them.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Good Lord, 8588, you're using your crayon-colored plastic bait right now, aren't you? One SJSU poster (who's entitled to his opinion, BTW) predicts 10 wins and all of a sudden - WHAM! - the implication is that SJSU fans are talking big again? LOL... Don't be such a conjecture-abusing whore. This is a fan forum, sure, but most SJSU fans are predicting between 5 and 7 wins. Anyone can look that up and readily conclude that. In fact, someone has even predicted only 3 wins. No, as a group we're cautiously optimistic, but not much else. There are too many question marks right now (QB being the primary one)...

I looked up that thread most of the posters were cautiously optimistic but they also recognized 7-8 wins is likely the ceiling for the team. Not much homerism, except the guy 8588 pointed out.

Good Lord, 8588, you're using your crayon-colored plastic bait right now, aren't you? One SJSU poster (who's entitled to his opinion, BTW) predicts 10 wins and all of a sudden - WHAM! - the implication is that SJSU fans are talking big again? LOL... Don't be such a conjecture-abusing whore. This is a fan forum, sure, but most SJSU fans are predicting between 5 and 7 wins. Anyone can look that up and readily conclude that. In fact, someone has even predicted only 3 wins. No, as a group we're cautiously optimistic, but not much else. There are too many question marks right now (QB being the primary one)...

You're right, most of the big [we are going to win the MWC because the WAC was stronger than the MWC in 2011] talk died at the beginning of last year. I was just shocked to see that some didn't learn their lesson.

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

I looked up that thread most of the posters were cautiously optimistic but they also recognized 7-8 wins is likely the ceiling for the team. Not much homerism, except the guy 8588 pointed out.

Exactly.  As for the "twice the talent" comment, most people recognize the hyperbole in such a statement.  I thought SJSU would finally get the Wolf Pack last year, but you guys definitely have our number right now.  That was the Spartans' worst game of the year, but it still wasn't even close.  Cautiously optimistic for the 2014 game, but at the same time realize that Nevada has SJSU's number right now, so I take nothing for granted.  That is a HUGE game for both teams early...