Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billings

MWC Championship game had better TV ratings then the PAC 12 CCG did. ..CardinalTrojan heads explodes

1063153.gif

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

According to MWC commish during MWC media days

And the MAC title game outdrew them both.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013/12/cfb-week-15-wrap-sec-big-ten-title-games-top-season-bedlam-strong/

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

True...but not that big-a-deal when you consider the MAC was a Friday game w/o any competition and had prime time (ET) start...MWC was without CFB comp too...but it was a late (10 pm+ east coast) start time...after a long day of football...so it's an ok number.  And I'm with Boise-S...I'm not an expert, but I'm not too sure much should be made of ESPN/2 v. OTA when it comes to CFB...but who knows.    

There's been studies (which I've been too lazy to link), but basically if college football were distributed by TV ratings--the Power 5 would actually be earning less proportionately.  Yes they have more viewers (and fans), but the amount of money they are commanding from a ratings standpoint is very disproportionate.

There's been studies (which I've been too lazy to link), but basically if college football were distributed by TV ratings--the Power 5 would actually be earning less proportionately.  Yes they have more viewers (and fans), but the amount of money they are commanding from a ratings standpoint is very disproportionate.

Its called leverage, they(P5) have it, we(G5) dont....

That's because the MWC championship game was mid-week and up against reruns of the jeopardy and the partridge family.

Nothing screams mid-week like 7pm on a Saturday....

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

That's because the MWC championship game was mid-week and up against reruns of the jeopardy and the partridge family.

That is a very weak argument when based on your vastly superior stance.  If the P5 were as superior as you would claim the P5 should outdraw G5 games by 5:1 regardless of day of the week.   Of course reality isn't a realm you dwell in.

See lakebison? this is where NDSU should be!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.