Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WyomingCoog

CBS MWC Men's Hoops Power Rankings

Per Jon Rothstein....

1 SDSU

2 Boise

3 Wyoming

4 UNLV

5 CSU

6 New Mexico

7 Fresno

8 Nevada

9 AF

10 Utah St

11 SJSU

Impressed by the Pokes and Boise on this....nice work by both schools to improve their basketball programs.

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

We are ranked to high.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Per Jon Rothstein....

1 SDSU

2 Boise

3 Wyoming

4 UNLV

5 CSU

6 New Mexico

7 Fresno

8 Nevada

9 AF

10 Utah St

11 SJSU

Impressed by the Pokes and Boise on this....nice work by both schools to improve their basketball programs.

FIFY

Both Boise and Wyoming are paper tigers. What has either done to warrant that ranking? Wyoming can't stay healthy. And Boise? It finished BEHIND a Carter-coached Nevada program last season in the standings. How it managed to pull that off with its guard play?

SDSU

UNM

Vegas

And then everyone else in various order.

This actually looks about right to me.

I'm tempted to homer the Lobos chances at a higher

finish, but there are way too many new faces.

We'll see what Noodles can do.

I have got to agree with you about the Lobos.  I don't think we'd be 7+ and might be higher, but don't have any basis other than hope and Cherry colored glasses. 

I am a little down on Boise and don't think they should be that high.  I really got the impression last year that coach Rice just can't bring it so to speak.  The league was down and Boise didn't live up to expectations, I think most people had them top two.  UNLV will always be right there or better.  Wyo has a big question in my thoughts, How is Nance? 

Wow, I just don't have a feel for next year. 

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

I have got to agree with you about the Lobos.  I don't think we'd be 7+ and might be higher, but don't have any basis other than hope and Cherry colored glasses. 

I am a little down on Boise and don't think they should be that high.  I really got the impression last year that coach Rice just can't bring it so to speak.  The league was down and Boise didn't live up to expectations, I think most people had them top two.  UNLV will always be right there or better.  Wyo has a big question in my thoughts, How is Nance? 

2-7 is really wide open... as is 8-11, for that matter...

Last year we went backwards no doubt.  Only Watkins got better.

Drmic's stress fracture on his foot in the first half of the season hasn't healed 100% yet.  He's our engine.   Elloriaga went backwards after his millionth concussion and who the F knows what goes on in Marks' head.

But those first 2 injuries were our on the floor leaders and the team wasn't the same without them being 100%.   Not sure I blame Rice for being undersized on the floor and playing 2 guards at PF, other than failing to recruit bigs.   He seems to have fixed that in this last class but I'm betting we're a year away so I don't like the #2 preseason rank either.    I do like how Rice developed Watkins in 2 seasons so I am real excited with the long tall talent coming in.  

If UNM has a guard injury or UNLV has an injury to a big, they could fall hard. Both are very thin in those areas. SDSU has great depth at all positions - so I feel safe in picking them first.

#2 through #8 is really confounding. AFA, USU, and SJSU are solidly in my bottom 3, but the rest of the middle is a muddle. I have never been so reluctant to pick an order. Maybe we will have a 7 way tie at 10 wins and 8 losses.

15-3

10-8 X 7

7-11

5-13

2-16

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

If UNM has a guard injury or UNLV has an injury to a big, they could fall hard. Both are very thin in those areas. SDSU has great depth at all positions - so I feel safe in picking them first.

#2 through #8 is really confounding. AFA, USU, and SJSU are solidly in my bottom 3, but the rest of the middle is a muddle. I have never been so reluctant to pick an order. Maybe we will have a 7 way tie at 8 wins and 10 losses.

I will place UNLV second if Doolin gets that Wavier. When will they know?

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

"Over the past 9 basketball seasons the Aztecs road record at UNM and at UNLV is the same as New Mexico's home record against UNLV and SDSU.
UNLV, SDSU, UNM head up records, over the past 9 years23-13 SDSU 18-18 UNLV 13-23 New Mexico"

What a terrible, convoluted, meaningless collection of stats.  Its really not that hard to show that SDSU has had the upper hand lately.  Get a clue and stop trying so hard

"Over the past 9 basketball seasons the Aztecs road record at UNM and at UNLV is the same as New Mexico's home record against UNLV and SDSU.

UNLV, SDSU, UNM head up records, over the past 9 years23-13 SDSU 18-18 UNLV 13-23 New Mexico"

What a terrible, convoluted, meaningless collection of stats.  Its really not that hard to show that SDSU has had the upper hand lately.  Get a clue and stop trying so hard

LOL!  AztecBull cherry picks his years to validate his data.  He has been doing that for years. Here is all you need to know Bruce Jones.  UNM has won five trophies in the last three years,(regular season/conference tourney) while SDSU has won two trophies in the last three years,  UNM is also 6-3 vs the aztecs over the last three years.  I would say that UNM "has had the upper hand lately".

LOL! AztecBull cherry picks his years to validate his data. He has been doing that for years. Here is all you need to know Bruce Jones. UNM has won five trophies in the last three years,(regular season/conference tourney) while SDSU has won two trophies in the last three years, UNM is also 6-3 vs the aztecs over the last three years. I would say that UNM "has had the upper hand lately".

Is aztecbull a puppet of Ian's? :)