Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

since1670

Best Sports Programs

When your schools most popular sport is soccer you shouldn't be on any list.

Nothing screams cheap gimmick better than a smurf turf.

What do you get when fans of a blue field, tortilla throwing soccer fans, and fireworks fans get together?

This thread

Someone should remind the Donkeys that wrestling doesn't matter out west either.  In B1G land, yes.  But not here.

I dunno Soccer does a pretty good job at it ;)

To our credit, we do play on a green field surface.  Though it would be interesting to see what we could do with a blue field ;)

I only intended to take to task, CBS disregarding FCS and non-football playing schools from their list of best D1 programs.  Nothing more

I don't see nothing wrong with wrestling.

Oh, yeah, I am from Big Ten land.  Probably explains my apathy for soccer too. :P

I don't see nothing wrong with wrestling either.  Just that it doesn't matter much out in the western third of the U.S.  If Boise was in Big Ten or B12 land it would be a whole nother ball game.

6 out of the 11 are in the 60-90 range, shows there is a lot of parity in the league. Suds had a great bball team that jumped its numbers to become an outlier, but in terms of its other sports it would probably be within that range as well.

AFA has never been much but a football team, and SJSU is just now seems to be starting to turn around its athletics programs. Wyo and UNR had bad years. The league as a whole is pretty well balanced IMO. Very few games in the major sports I don't think could go either way when I am watching them. Makes it fun.

6 out of the 11 are in the 60-90 range, shows there is a lot of parity in the league. Suds had a great bball team that jumped its numbers to become an outlier, but in terms of its other sports it would probably be within that range as well.

AFA has never been much but a football team, and SJSU is just now seems to be starting to turn around its athletics programs. Wyo and UNR had bad years. The league as a whole is pretty well balanced IMO. Very few games in the major sports I don't think could go either way when I am watching them. Makes it fun.

Aztecs have also made the last two NCAA Tournaments in baseball.   Fresno will bounce back, let's see what UNM and UNLV can do for that sport going forward.

Someone should remind the Donkeys that wrestling doesn't matter out west either. In B1G land, yes. But not here.

Wrestling is bigger for HS aged males in CA than soccer.

I don't see nothing wrong with wrestling either. Just that it doesn't matter much out in the western third of the U.S. If Boise was in Big Ten or B12 land it would be a whole nother ball game.

It's like you think more than 1% of Boise State fans give a rip about wrasslin.

By far and a away the preponderance of Bronco fans don't even care about Basketball, let alone a sport that the MWC doesn't even sponsor.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Wrestling is bigger for HS aged males in CA than soccer.

Didn't Fullerton used to have a wrestling program?  I know Fresno did, and not that long ago either.