Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reb Baron

Predicting the Mountain West’s best this football season

That whole weekend was bad for me.  SDSU lost to y'all, I was in the stadium for dook beating UNC, and the Gophers lost. 

The only thing that didn't drive me into a Sunday funk was that I was hanging out with a bunch of my Auburn friends for the Iron Bowl, so it turned into a party.

I can summon no sympathy for you.

so who does sdsu football add this year that will make your team much better? i haven't kept up on aztec recruits, i know you won several games by small margins last year, what will improve that? i haven't seen the thread yet for sdsu,..

so who does sdsu football add this year that will make your team much better? i haven't kept up on aztec recruits, i know you won several games by small margins last year, what will improve that? i haven't seen the thread yet for sdsu,..

Paging K5..............

CSU better than BSU when our starting RB right now was a converted safety? Interesting, I don't see it. Our ceiling is 8 wins IMO. I do think Rashard Higgins pushes for 1st All MW team this season.

I don't think we do this yr either, but I wonder what SDSU's record is at SBS? I honestly don't know, but would guess it favors the Rebs.

You lead the series in Vegas 6-5.

We lead the series in San Diego 9-3.

The last time you won in San Diego was 2000.

The biggest thing is the team will have another year in the offense. As well as noodle arm played last year he didn't have a whole lot of time to work with the first team as Dingwell was the #1 going into the season. He and the rest of the offense will have had another offseason to learn Toledo's offense which is completely different than what we were running before.

On defense, we get Fely back, Largent at 100%, we return pretty much everybody in our front six and our two corners. Then sprinkle in a couple of talented redshirt freshman who've shot up the depth chart like Melifonwu and Turner...

Our biggest weakness on D will be the deep middle as we will be playing a bunch of new and lightly experienced guys at the Aztec and Warrior positions. Teams that like to and can push the ball deep downfield will be able to score on us if their OL can give them time.

The biggest thing is the team will have another year in the offense. As well as noodle arm played last year he didn't have a whole lot of time to work with the first team as Dingwell was the #1 going into the season. He and the rest of the offense will have had another offseason to learn Toledo's offense which is completely different than what we were running before.

On defense, we get Fely back, Largent at 100%, we return pretty much everybody in our front six and our two corners. Then sprinkle in a couple of talented redshirt freshman who've shot up the depth chart like Melifonwu and Turner...

Our biggest weakness on D will be the deep middle as we will be playing a bunch of new and lightly experienced guys at the Aztec and Warrior positions. Teams that like to and can push the ball deep downfield will be able to score on us if their OL can give them time.

thanks, and i had forgotten the injuries to your defense. we'll see how your qb situation works out this year, (we know the feeling, lol).

and i really like pumphrey, i wish the kid had stayed home, but if ever there was a kid who wanted to get away from his mother, it could be him. i happened to walk out of the sdsu game with her (at the BEGINNING of the 4th qtr, mind you, what mother does that when her son is in town for 1 game and is out on the playing field...btw, that was the only game i left early, we'd been to the basketball game earlier, and my daughter was leaving early the next morning.) but anyway, i think he'll easily be your most valuable player this year.

CSU better than BSU when our starting RB right now was a converted safety? Interesting, I don't see it. Our ceiling is 8 wins IMO. I do think Rashard Higgins pushes for 1st All MW team this season.

He'll be right in the mix. I see the rams throwing it a lot more this year. I think he goes for over 1,000 yards this year.

They won in Fort Collins fairly handily and the Rams lose far more from that team then Boise State does (return more on both sides of the ball)... AND it's in Boise. Trying to figure out where his logic is coming from...

He probably isn't aware that Chane Behanan isn't coming to CSU.

thanks, and i had forgotten the injuries to your defense. we'll see how your qb situation works out this year, (we know the feeling, lol).

and i really like pumphrey, i wish the kid had stayed home, but if ever there was a kid who wanted to get away from his mother, it could be him. i happened to walk out of the sdsu game with her (at the BEGINNING of the 4th qtr, mind you, what mother does that when her son is in town for 1 game and is out on the playing field...btw, that was the only game i left early, we'd been to the basketball game earlier, and my daughter was leaving early the next morning.) but anyway, i think he'll easily be your most valuable player this year.

Marcus Stamps has apparently looked really good at running back too. At 210 lbs, he'll play the thunder to Pumphrey's lightning.

Our front 6 on defense is LOADED too.

5812325590_be8c597a4b_b.jpg