Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WyomingCoog

Wyoming Football Getting Stronger....

Who knows if it will translate to the field, but the Wyoming Football Head Strength Coach tweeted today that every weight lifting record at every position was broken today. That's pretty dam impressive for the new staff.

"Records were meant to be broken. Yes every record at every position was broken today, 1 of them by 105 lbs. #wardaddyup"

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

and slower...

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

That would be awesome if they were a weight lifting team.  Last time I checked there are no points awarded for weight lifting on the gridiron.

GO STATE!!!

That would be awesome if they were a weight lifting team. Last time I checked there are no points awarded for weight lifting on the gridiron.

GO STATE!!!

There is a correlation between strength and football performance. At most positions, it's just not an extremely strong one (no pun intended).

GO REBS!!!

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Who knows if it will translate to the field, but the Wyoming Football Head Strength Coach tweeted today that every weight lifting record at every position was broken today. That's pretty dam impressive for the new staff.

"Records were meant to be broken. Yes every record at every position was broken today, 1 of them by 105 lbs. #wardaddyup"

Christensen wiped out all of the old weight lifting records.  Pretty sad and ridiculous really.

Who knows what "records" were broken, but I believe we have a huge upgrade in the strength and conditioning program!

Christensen wiped out all of the old weight lifting records. Pretty sad and ridiculous really.

Who knows what "records" were broken, but I believe we have a huge upgrade in the strength and conditioning program!

GO POKES!!!

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

and slower...

It's been size and line strength that's been killing us, not speed. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

There is a correlation between strength and football performance. At most positions, it's just not an extremely strong one (no pun intended).

GO REBS!!!

You have an amazing command of the obvious...however my point still remains:  lifting doesn't score points.  

GO STATE!!!

You have an amazing command of the obvious...however my point still remains: lifting doesn't score points.

GO STATE!!!

Really? It doesn't?! Wow you have a great grip on the obvious as well!!

FCK STATE!!!

You have an amazing command of the obvious...however my point still remains:  lifting doesn't score points.  

GO STATE!!!

If it's obvious that a stronger team correlates to on-field success, why bother making a snide comment about the weight room not being the field?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I know.  Completely absurd.  Christensen had ego problems and knew his program was unlikely to break many of the old lifting records.  So the records were re-established as of the date he took over the program.

Hope Bohl reinstates them. WYO is a program with lots of history and pride. One coach with an ego shouldn't be able to change records like that.

Hope Bohl reinstates them. WYO is a program with lots of history and pride. One coach with an ego shouldn't be able to change records like that.

I agree.  But if "every record at every position was broken," then I highly doubt the old records were either re-discovered or reinstated.  I heard many former players were really put off by Christensen's move with the records.