Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Aztec

The Official Introduce Yourself Thread 2014

Name: son of a gun

Hometown: Laramie, Wy

University and Degree: Current student right now.

Teams: Wyoming, MWC teams to a lessser extant, NFL in general (no one team really).

Interests: College sports (obviously, or I and most others would not be here), reading (usually fantasy series), video games (NCAA Football series, Halo series, and a few others), movies, and "riffing" on bad movies (look up MST3K or RiffTrax for reference).

Favorite Activities: Similar to Interests really.

Dislikes: Surgeries (5 knee surgeries, 2 sinus surgeries and 1 ankle surgery all since about 2005), the sheep, BYU, and extremists of most types.

Current Playlist: Think music from the 1950s up until the early 90s, and a few smatterings of things from the 90s up until present day, but mostly the 50s to early 90s stuff. Prior to that is fine, but not my favorite.

Misc: Up until a few years ago was a red belt in my karate class (health issues have prevented me from doing it since), and helped train a couple friends for sanctioned MMA fights.

A true Wyoming fan. I hope the byuwyom hate fest resumes soon

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Name: Brew_Poke

Hometown: Earth

University and Degree: University of Wyoming B.S., Geology (2/3 of a B.S. in Chemical Engineering done, but not finished)  Currently going to Colorado School of Mines part time taking an M.S. in Geology

Teams: Wyoming Cowboys

Interests: Futurism, biogeochemistry

Favorite Activities: Wasting time on the internet

Dislikes: Customer Support, lack of teleportation in reality

Current Playlist would Include: Mother Hips, Grateful Dead

Pets: No time

Miscellaneous: One daughter who just graduated high school

Name: CO_Poke aka Joey D

Hometown: Denver via Lander Wyoming

College: BS Mgmt (91) BS Acctg (96)

Interests: skiing (ex bum), mountain biking, travel, among others

Teams: I bleed Brown & Gold, Broncos, Rockies, Avs, Nuggets

Dislike: Dickhead people who only lookout for themselves at the expense of others.

Music: Most everything but country. Have tickets to NIN/Soundgarden, Avett Bros, & Tom Petty all at Red Rocks this summer.

Pets: Spencer (my wife turned me into a cat person...I'm half kidding, but Spence is pretty cool)

Name: TheRedMenace (Lee Roy, Bandit0)

Hometown Albuquerque, New Mexico

Teams: New Mexico Lobos, Dallas Cowboys, Los Angeles Lakers, Barcelona FC

Interest:8 years ago accepted Christ into my life and now find myself teaching and leading...  I started in sports talk radio 25 years ago, since then started my website TheRedMenace.com 14 years ago, and 2 years ago started a local television show... Since then have started doing play by play for the indoor football team here in Rio Rancho as well as New Mexico HS sports.

Likes: seeing how my life and those around me how their lives have changed... teaching, doing play by play, interviewing people in all sports, watching sports,

Dislikes: Seeing that even though I have made major changes in my life, I still have a long way to go, and can still slip back into being an ass. seeing peeps hurt one another, people accusing others of evil slanderous garbage without getting to know the person first.

Music: Old Newsboys, Beatles, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Metallica, Queen, Tom Petty... Pretty much all but Country

Favorite website...

TheRedMenace.com

RedMenace.TV

this one

Twitter

Facebook

trm101.jpg?t=1279010041

Name: Mysfit

Hometown: Born San Jose currently living in Meridian

University and Degree: University of Oregon BS, MS Geology

Teams: Broncos, Niners and I follow the Ducks from a distance

Interests: Quilting, creating Halloween props and scaring the pants of TOTS on 10/31, lapidary

Favorite Activities" Quilting, reading, rock hunting

Dislikes: Flying, discussions about realignment

Current Playlist would Include: currently on a classical music binge of Beethoven and Dvorak conducted by Gustavo Dudamel (check out the youtube of "Dudamel channels Beethoven" and "Dudamel March to the Scaffold" to watch someone who conducts with their entire body and loves what he's doing)

Pets: Ya'll know I am a cat person...........Pips, Pudders, Nefritiri, Byrdie, TiraMissSue, Sassafras, Captain Jack Sparrow, Jabberwocky, PJ Kraken and as of tomorrow a little blue lynx point kitten probably named Bizhiw.

Oh and some big honking Gourami, my cats have had 3D tv for years

One of the Final Five..........

Interests: Quilting, creating Halloween props and scaring the pants of TOTS on 10/31, lapidary

Current Playlist would Include: currently on a classical music binge of Beethoven and Dvorak conducted by Gustavo Dudamel (check out the youtube of "Dudamel channels Beethoven" and "Dudamel March to the Scaffold" to watch someone who conducts with their entire body and loves what he's doing)

Pets: Ya'll know I am a cat person...........Pips, Pudders, Nefritiri, Byrdie, TiraMissSue, Sassafras, Captain Jack Sparrow, Jabberwocky, PJ Kraken and as of tomorrow a little blue lynx point kitten probably named Bizhiw.

:blink:

448d855bf8d6ae22450458363982cfb8.jpg

fify.

:blink:

yeah I know

All are rescue, some had some pretty bad starts in life. PJ is highly stressed and he really bonded with one of the foster kittens so it's really a therapy kitten. I'm good at rationalizing ;)

I guess another interest would be 'cat anthropologist'

yeah I know

All are rescue, some had some pretty bad starts in life. PJ is highly stressed and he really bonded with one of the foster kittens so it's really a therapy kitten. I'm good at rationalizing ;)

I guess another interest would be 'cat anthropologist'

No self-respecting crazy cat lady only has ten cats. Bring your A game!!!

No self-respecting crazy cat lady only has ten cats. Bring your A game!!!

I'm going to agree with Slappy. To truly be a crazy cat lady you need to have at least 15 cats. But it also depends on the size of your house. If you live in a 1500 sq foot house 15 is acceptable. Now if you live in a 4,000 sq ft house you need at least 40. 1 cat per 100 sq feet is standard. ;)

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Name: Derp

Hometown: Casper, WY now in Laramie

University and Degree: University of Wyoming BS Geology (popular career choice apparently)

Teams: Wyoming, Broncos, Rockies, closet Bengals fan

Interests: fishing, gaming, shooting, backpacking

Favorite Activities: reading, fishing, picking a direction and just driving

Dislikes: public toilets, flat land, people who don't get sarcasm

Current Playlist would Include: on a post-rock binge at the moment (God is an Astronaut, This Will Destroy You), Bring Me the Horizon, Close to Home, Adestria, Volbeat, Everyone Dies in Utah, Heaven Shall Burn (all butt rock as I was recently told)

Pets: black cat named Sid who is a most lovable azzhole

I cringe that I am stepping over the double digit line

Cat-lady-starter-kit%E2%80%A6.jpg

My ex gf is now a crazy cat lady. The last time I went over there, she had 14 with a litter arriving a few days later. I went over to help her get a head start on hoarding. 

I am going to try to add walkways to my sewing room like this and see how that works. Not these colors.....but I have high ceilings and big huge window in that room

090954-cats-house.jpg

I am going to try to add walkways to my sewing room like this and see how that works. Not these colors.....but I have high ceilings and big huge window in that room

090954-cats-house.jpg

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Name: Derp

Hometown: Casper, WY now in Laramie

University and Degree: University of Wyoming BS Geology (popular career choice apparently)

Teams: Wyoming, Broncos, Rockies, closet Bengals fan

Interests: fishing, gaming, shooting, backpacking

Favorite Activities: reading, fishing, picking a direction and just driving

Dislikes: public toilets, flat land, people who don't get sarcasm

Current Playlist would Include: on a post-rock binge at the moment (God is an Astronaut, This Will Destroy You), Bring Me the Horizon, Close to Home, Adestria, Volbeat, Everyone Dies in Utah, Heaven Shall Burn (all butt rock as I was recently told)

Pets: black cat named Sid who is a most lovable azzhole

rocks for jocks must have inspired many of you.....

One thing that I've noticed in this thread is that you SDSU dudes aren't afraid to throw up a picture. You attention whores.